All Things Radiohead!! General Discussion thread is here!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here are the tracks for The Bends:

tracks:
01 planet telex
02 the bends
03 high & dry
04 fake plastic trees
05 bones
06 nice dream
07 just
08 my iron lung
09 bullet proof..i wish i was
10 black star
11 sulk
12 street spirit [fade out]

My personal Fav's: Fake Plastic Trees, My Iron Lung, The Bends, Planet Telex, Black Star, Just and Street Spirit...nice dreams and Bones....
Ok Ok the whole album is great...:wink:

Lancemc said:
The Bends is better than OK Computer. Much better. There. I said it. Whatchoo gonna do about it?! :mad:

i'm gonna tell you that you're totally and utterly wrong. :wink: ok computer is by far radiohead's masterpiece number 1. the bends is super awesome but airbag, paranoid android, exit music, let down, karma police, climbing up the walls, no surprises, lucky and the tourist? they win.

Paranoid Android is easily the band's most overrated song.

And I'll be the first to say that OK Computer features some of the band's finest songs. Let Down, No Surprises, and Lucky are pretty much better than anythingthing else they've ever done.

But OK Computer is also a Radiohead album with Fitter Happier, Electioneering, Climbing Up The Walls and yes Karma Police, 4 songs which I absolutely cannot listen to. They're just boring or plain bad. And if I can't listen to 1/4 of an album, there's no way in hell I can honestly consider it better than The Bends (near flawless, every song a near masterpiece), KID A, or even Anmesiac.

It took me a bit to really like Paranoid Android, but I'm on the "Bends is better than OK Computer" camp.

Majorly. :up:

:up:

Listening to Kid A all the way through is too rewarding of an experience to pass up.

Lancemc said:
Paranoid Android is easily the band's most overrated song.

And I'll be the first to say that OK Computer features some of the band's finest songs. Let Down, No Surprises, and Lucky are pretty much better than anythingthing else they've ever done.

But OK Computer is also a Radiohead album with Fitter Happier, Electioneering, Climbing Up The Walls and yes Karma Police, 4 songs which I absolutely cannot listen to. They're just boring or plain bad. And if I can't listen to 1/4 of an album, there's no way in hell I can honestly consider it better than The Bends (near flawless, every song a near masterpiece), KID A, or even Anmesiac.

yea but the Bends also has Sulk and Bones two of the worst radiohead songs ever...:wink:

IMO bitches...

ok, if you don't think that ok computer is better than amnesiac then you're not a real radiohead fan :wink:

Ok.. I am listening to the Bonnaroo Boot right again now at work (semi cranked up on my ipod dock speaker system) ... And I just want to say this IS THE BEST SHOW/BOOT OF LAST YEAR IMO!!!:drool: :drool: :drool: Now, mind you I have a lot of last years' boots but this one just knocks my socks off out of all of them.

And 2 + 2=5 ROCKS!!!!!!!!!OMG!!!!!!!!!!!:hyper::wink: :rockon:

ok... now back to your regularly scheduled programing... :giggle:

Last edited:
Just to say that I already have The Bends and I listened to it last night... So far I guess I preffer Ok computer, but since I only listened to The Bends once I can't say that for sure yet... Anyway it's a great album of course...

xaviMF22 said:

fake plastic trees will make you love this album :drool:

watch:wink:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=HDS4wOd_o1I

Wow that's Glastonbury... I have this dream to go to Glastonbury festival, it's just so powerful! At least that's what I think...

Anyway I really liked this song when I listened to the album. This one and Street Spirit (though I already had Street Spirit...) And this performance is just amazing...

annie_vox said:

Wow that's Glastonbury... I have this dream to go to Glastonbury festival, it's just so powerful! At least that's what I think...

their entire Glastonbury 03 performance was amazing:drool:

I don't know what "b&p" means, but I want it! :lol:

Glastonbury? Oh wait, wrong year. 2003.

What's the show that Thom talks about in "Meeting People Is Easy", the moment where it all became unreal, where he says that they wanted to see the audience so they asked the lighting director to turn up all the audience lights and he said the feeling was inhuman as soon as he saw the tens of thousands of people staring back at him; people as far as the eye could see and going up the side of a hill. He said something like it was a feeling he was sure mankind wasn't supposed to experience, or something like that. What show was that? Does anyone have that show?

U2Man said:
have they said anything about that?

:yes: :hyper:

http://www.greenplastic.com/news/archives/2006/08/bonnaroo_dvd_on.php

Thom certainly loved the performance, which is evident in a recent interview he did on BBC 6 Music:

"We did this festival called Bonnaroo. We did 2.5 hours. And there's 80,000 people, admittedly they've been smoking the sticky green all day-- probably wouldn't go anywhere anyway. It was just amazing. We played loads of new stuff. We did whole sections of quiet piano songs and it sounds like the most grotesque, self-indulgent nonsense, but it probably is my favourite gig for years and years and years. It was a really mellow evening. Actually it's all being filmed, but we're sitting on it because there's loads of new stuff on it. Because we're mean like that. It will come out eventually."

Back
Top Bottom