All Things Australia-ish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, happened officially late last year I think. It'll always be Subi to me. :(

Also, not trying to sound like anyone who likes Clipsal is an eejit, just don't like the rabble in the city. Would love to trade it to Melbourne with a bit on the side for the Grand Prix.

Yeah, seen people start drinking at like, 8 in the morning when I'm driving through, pretty ridiculous. I'm sure the Grand Prix attracts it's share of drunk schmucks too, but I doubt the ratio of children named MacKenzie-Jayden is as high.

Speaking of the GP, did you all hear that Webber drove his Red Bull across the Bolte Bridge, shutting down all traffic, but HE HAD TO STICK TO THE SPEED LIMIT?!?!!!! What the fuck was the point! No wonder he thinks we're a nanny state and lives in Monaco. What a joke

By all means, this is one event I'd be pleased to see Melbourne steal from us.

Nah, you can have the Grand Prix back.

Bee tee dub, did you know Subi is now called Patersons Stadium?

Is ANYBODY calling it that?

Speaking of the GP, did you all hear that Webber drove his Red Bull across the Bolte Bridge, shutting down all traffic, but HE HAD TO STICK TO THE SPEED LIMIT?!?!!!!

I think that was a great come-uppance for his idiotic comments last year.

He can stay out of Australia for all I care.

Pattersons Stadium, what I shit name. It took me a while to figure out where u2 were playing, for a little while.

BTW, this thread is not easy to find anymore.

Yeah, I miss it being in LS. As I think I posted earlier, this thread doesn't even belong in this forum anyway.

Speaking of the GP, did you all hear that Webber drove his Red Bull across the Bolte Bridge, shutting down all traffic, but HE HAD TO STICK TO THE SPEED LIMIT?!?!!!! What the fuck was the point! No wonder he thinks we're a nanny state and lives in Monaco. What a joke

What's the limit on the Bolte these days, 40? *L*

ETA: Sorry, I was thinking of the bloody Westgate. :crack:

I think it's good in LS. I suppose it kind of straddles a line between the casual conversation of LS and the political kind of stuff on FYM, with even a dash of PEUP occasionally. LS seems the most sensible place, and it's high profile enough a forum that some other Australians rather than just "the usuals" will take a peek in.

The Subi tickets had Patterson's stadium on them. It took me a while to figure out where that was given that there is really only one stadium it could have been :reject:

LS please!

Reading the letters to the editor from both The Age and Herald Sun regarding Christmas Island is just jaw-dropping. We get the Sun delivered every day, and I only read The Age occasionally, but my god the differences in audience are just astounding. Blatant and mind-bendingly ignorant comments in the Sun, calculated and considered comments in The Age.

LS please!

Reading the letters to the editor from both The Age and Herald Sun regarding Christmas Island is just jaw-dropping. We get the Sun delivered every day, and I only read The Age occasionally, but my god the differences in audience are just astounding. Blatant and mind-bendingly ignorant comments in the Sun, calculated and considered comments in The Age.

I usually despair enough at the letters in The Age. I steer well clear of the Hun's letters.

Though if you really want to gouge your eyes out in a fit of despair for the future of humanity, just check out the online comments on The Sun (UK). They're truly vile and hideous.

k, hopefully that worked. i don't think i've moved a thread using the app yet. oh and fwiw, my 360 poster says ubiaco oval on it.

Cool, thank you. :up:

I think re: Subi and 360, the tour was announced before it was rebranded as "Pattersons Stadium" or whatever, so a lot of stuff kept the Subi name. Though even now I see the media's predominantly calling it Subi. Ridiculous decision to give it a corporate name. What next, will Eddie eye off the MCG as Channel Nine Stadium at Melbourne Park?

Yay it's back!!!!

My souvenir t-shirt says Patersons Stadium. It will be great in 5 or whatever years time when the sponsorship runs out :rolleyes:

I get most of my news from the Age and Guardian on-line. I read the Advertiser at work whenever I need to know what Fev's up to...

I don't even know who/what "Paterson" is - so much for getting me to buy whatever it is they are supposed to be advertising.

After further reading I approve of said site even more. About time there was something that shared my point of view.

Yay it's back!!!!

My souvenir t-shirt says Patersons Stadium. It will be great in 5 or whatever years time when the sponsorship runs out :rolleyes:

I get most of my news from the Age and Guardian on-line. I read the Advertiser at work whenever I need to know what Fev's up to...

I wore my shirt to hockey training and it has Subi on the back :lol: Must have been an early batch.

Aami Stadium (Football Park) didn't take long to be adopted by the public, nor did Etihad (greeted with a very "fucking Arabs" attitude by those who tried their damnedest to mispronounce the word, and being the Telstra "Dome" and Colonial before that).. I'd like to think it will always be Subiaco (imagined in Cometti's 90s commentary voice) to me, but the media hastily popularises new naming rights of events/stadiums.

Bank of Melbourne is back. Westpac have reintroduced the old local banking brand after missing for a decade or so since the takeover, while the St George brand has been kicked out of Victoria :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom