All Grammy Discussion Here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok so I caved.. I read this thread. I thought U2 was up for a grammy? You guys arent even talking about them! :scream:

And I swear if Coldplay beat U2 for something I will eat all of their brains. I dont like them much as it is :angry:

ya but you cant forget the appeal of a pretty face, sicy.

to be completely honest, i didnt think their performance was all that bad. very good lighting too.

BTW I agree about No Doubt's performance not being up to par. I do think Gwen looked great and it was good.. but they sounded SO much better when I saw them in concert last November. :shrug:

And who the hell is Norah Jones? And why did she get so many grammies?? This is the first time I've heard of her. :der:

capt.1046053861.grammys_msg143.jpg

capt.1046053790.grammys_msg330.jpg

1046051493.4161077367.jpg

capt.1046050526.grammys_msg318.jpg

capt.1046050880.grammys_msg319.jpg

:drool:

Gickies Gageeze said:

to be completely honest, i didnt think their performance was all that bad. very good lighting too.

:eek:

I like that they played their protest-y :)o) song, Politik, instead of In My Place or something.

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
:down: :angry: :mad: as much as i loved coldplay's performance the clash tribute was the highlight of the night. i would be very mad if i were you. :|

I was. I am. :mad:
I'll find someone on this campus who has it on tape if it's the last thing I do. :crack:

I really like Norah Jones, but I'm not so sure about her sweeping everything. The Boss definitely deserved more recognition. First album with the band in how long? And a great album at that. Norah Jones's album is basically a collection of nice songs, whereas The Rising is an ALBUM with a clear concept and a progression from beginning to end.

Maybe the execs and all that were afraid of giving it to Bruce because it dealt so directly with 9/11. Maybe they didn't want to seem like they were doing it out of patriotic duty or something...I dunno. :huh:

Ultravioltet Light, that sucks about your tape! Sorry that happened to you. :rant: at your tape with you.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
btw, I am so marrying Dave Grohl. :flirt:

Ooh, don't tell my sister that...

That Clash tribute was really cool-all the guys did a fantastic job!

I'm surprised Bruce didn't win anything last night, considering all the hype I was hearing at the pre-show and everything. It would've been nice if he'd won something. Eh. Oh, well.

Angela

My thoughts on the show:

No Doubt seemed a little over the top, especially with the people swinging from the ropes. I don't think the audience was feeling it.

It hurts to see Faith Hill get up there and totally ruin a beautiful song by a man (Angie Aparo) who has such a beautiful voice and such great talent. Angie would have sounded much better at least. I think I'm the only Angie fan on the board, but I wanted to get that off my chest anyway.

POLITIK! Woohoo! :bow: :combust: Although I will say that I wish Chris had been a little less spastic on the piano and gotten a more beautiful sound out of himself and the piano, considering they were playing with the philharmonic. Good stuff, though. Glad to hear they won what they were up for.

The clash tribute rocked. I had no idea Elvis Costello was such a punk rocker!

Could have done without Norah Jones winning everything. That song does nothing for me. I find it incredibly boring, as someone else said.

Did anyone else feel like the awards given on television were lacking a little? Where were the rock awards? Only one rap award during the broadcast? Perhaps I'm a weirdo, but next year I'd say more awards and less crappy performances.

awkward moment..

from ew.com

For his part, Dave Grohl found himself with some explaining to do after performing ''London Calling'' with Springsteen, Van Zandt, and Elvis Costello. Backstage, Grohl was reminded that he had once quipped, ''If Bruce Springsteen is the boss, then I quit.'' The usually loquacious Foo Fighters frontman blushed, stepped back from the microphone, put his finger to his lips, and whispered, ''Shhh.'' Grohl then held up his Best Hard Rock Album prize and jokingly attempted to change the subject: ''Um, look, we got a Grammy!''

:shrug: Oh well, what does Dave know anyway-after all, he dated Winona ;) :D

You can downlad London Calling here-downloads section

www.springsteennews.net

I totally missed the Grammies. Stupid me thought they were on tonight. Oh well. :sigh: Thx for the play by play guys. Seems I only missed Coldplay and that's pretty tragic in itself but I will survive.

Sorry to see so many of you don't like Norah Jones. I have had her CD since last July. She has a beautiful voice and I must say it is refreshing to see a jazz singer beat out all the crap that usually wins. She is not boring in the least, it 's just a different genre of music. You can't even begin to compare her with Bruce Springsteen. Anyway, to each their own. You know I luv ya April, but Broooooce is so over-rated. :reject: *Runs away......

I'd scream bloody murder if my tape had screwed up in the middle of "London Calling". That was amazing. Coldplay was amazing. Bruce was amazing. I was a little disappointed that Bruce didn't win Album of the Year, but that's the Grammies. I don't take the Grammies too seriously because quite honestly I think they're a bit of a joke. People don't die because Artist X wins a Grammy.

HeartlandGirl said:
My thoughts on the show:

The clash tribute rocked. I had no idea Elvis Costello was such a punk rocker!

Could have done without Norah Jones winning everything. That song does nothing for me. I find it incredibly boring, as someone else said.

Did anyone else feel like the awards given on television were lacking a little? Where were the rock awards? Only one rap award during the broadcast? Perhaps I'm a weirdo, but next year I'd say more awards and less crappy performances.

I agree! I noticed during one of those going to commericial 'these awards were given off air' things that almost all the rock categories were not televised! I know they have to rotate what gets shown every year, but if they want to attract the 18-34 demographic they always talk about they should put on more interesting stuff they care about. Of course, once you're watching it's too late, but it was frustratinga and disappointing.

I could seriously go for some hot pics of Dave Grohl. I'm going to go check out the wires:tongue:

verte76 said:
I'd scream bloody murder if my tape had screwed up in the middle of "London Calling".

Haha, I did.
Me: :yikes: :scream:
Everyone: Geez, who died?
Me: THE TAPE. THE TAPE DIED.
Them: Oh, sucks to be you.
Me: GAH.

But I got it from the site MrsSpringsteen posted (THANKS! :hug: ) so my urge to kill has faded. :sexywink: :tongue:

Oh well-that's a matter of opinion :shrug:

I think many groups/artists that people here love are "over -rated", but I just keep that to myself :)

"Washed up" is a matter of opinion too. He's a better live performer than most of the people who were nominated last night, and can write better lyrics than most of them too.

Just wanted to add my opinion here-he certainly doesn't need me to defend him :wink:

Back
Top Bottom