All Grammy Discussion Here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i never knew that coldplay was a one man band. watching them on tv, made me realize that apparently they are.

I need to see the Clash tribute. Ok, I guess I can bitch about the Grammys sucking this year, but I still need to see some parts of it.

I'm a weinerhead.

:crack:

Oh, a band is playing a Clash song? I thought by tribute you meant that they were doing a tribute thing, ie, talking about them, showing clips, etc.

I just saw on the thing leading into the commercial break that it would be an "all-star tribute" to the Clash. I think a bunch of people might be playing their songs. I know N'Sync is doing a Bee Gees tribute.

And I have a feeling Bruce will be closing out the show. He's the biggest name who has yet to perform and we're going into the 3rd hour of the show. :crack:

They lost :( I can't believe it.

To everyone here who always says a band can't stay interesting, exciting and successful without changing their sound and look every few years, Bruce Springsteen is living proof that theory is wrong. He has ALWAYS had the same jeans, same hairdo and same general musical style and he's been enormously successful and loved. More power to him, just the way he is! :up:

wow, i cant believe how bruce just got roasted by whats her face who didnt even write her own song.

brutal.

i like norah jones a lot, but i wish bruce would have won. :grumpy:

and i :heart:ed simon & garfunkel and coldplay. :up:

here comes the bee gee thing with nsync. :crazy:

What did Coldplay win??? I must have missed it!
They were fab tonight!
I'm seeing them in concert TOMORROW NIGHT!!!!! Woohooo!!

p.s.: Hi Wanderer!!!

that would rule.

and i hate to admit it but nsync sounded good in their bee gee thing. :silent:

i'd rather hurl than see sheryl crow and kid rock's performance. they are mind-numbingly boring. :down:

Funny how you guys are saying that No Doubt's performance was good...my mom and sister kept saying that they sounded a little off...like they were playing in too low a key.

Faith Hill's performance wasn't that great.

I liked the Simon & Garfunkel performance-my mom wished we'd taped that, but we turned it there just as they were starting, so we didn't really get a chance to tape it. "Sounds Of Silence" is a lovely song...nice to see that Simon & Garfunkel's voices still sound good together after all this time.

And Bruce and the guys were great, yes.

So U2 lost then...that's a shame. But if they're gonna lose to anyone, Coldplay is a good choice. Coldplay's good-haven't heard a whole lot from them, but I like what I heard (and their performance was neat-the guy's spazing out on the piano, I was afraid he was gonna hit his head on the piano there for a second, LOL).

The Dixie Chicks' performance of "Landslide"...eeehhhhh...:crack:...I...am...really...sick...of...their...version...of...the...song...glad that's all said and done.

I'm curious to see if Bono will be a part of the all-star tribute to the Clash, too-that'd be cool. :up:.

Angela

Back
Top Bottom