All Because Of Testje

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW, you're not an ignorant American. :hug:
At the very least, you wanted to know more about it, which makes you not ignorant.

:)

I pronounce testje like teste :D

and Niamh, I have a cousin Niamh who is from Dublin and I haven't seen since I was about 12 /random, in our family we all say Neeeve (like eve with an N) but I know some folk who say Nave like Navel without the L.

I have a friend called Saoirse. Sear-sha is what i say.

I have a friend called Caoimhghin. (Keevan) Not many folk can spell it. Some of my protestant friends can't say Aine, one phoned me on his first day of uni a few years ago saying he had to introduce his group for a presentation and asked how it was pronounced he thought it was Onionee, or Ann-iee. :laugh:

My Mum & Dad both pronounce Drogheda differently. My Mum takes great offence if we copy our Dad's way of saying it. :laugh:

i pronounce it like testeey

but i have a feeling that if i tried to pronounce the vowel-less ending, i wouldn't be able to do it.

Ok so Testje is now Seahorse, ill remeber to conduct myself in an orderly fashion.

U2democrat said:
Oh yeah and Popmartijn, how do you say that? Is the j silent or something? I take German so if that helps your explaining to me at all I'll understand. :shrug:

otherwise try it with the 2nd "T" silent, it's a bit more common speech that way:

tes-shuh (as the "shu" in "I've been shunned...")

:wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom