Alien Ant Farm

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AtomicBono

ONE love, blood, life
I noticed they don't have a single thread in the B&C index...time to fix that.

Most people probably know them for their cover of Smooth Criminal... they're far from a one hit wonder though. I remember the songs Movies and Attitude as being pretty successful at least. Those are three great songs but they have so much more. They have three albums (though I think ANThology and truANT were the only ones released under a major label...and most of the songs on their first album, Greatest Hits, ended up on one of the two later albums) and they've just made a fourth - 3rd Draft. It's not officially out yet but they're selling it at concerts and of course it's leaked onto the internet. I highly reccommend it; it's one of the best albums of 2005. Crickets is such an amazingly beautiful song.

So does anyone here besides me like AAF? I'm guessing not. But if you do, make yourself known!! :wink: they may seem like standard nü-metal crap, but they're really not. They're way above that. Their bass player especially is just extraordinary. Seriously, check them out.

You're in luck. While I'm not a fan myself, a lot of my friends do, and certainly look past the so called one hit wonder of Smooth Criminal. They want my band to cover some of their tracks, even.

From what I've heard though, they're definitely not nu-metal. Much more interesting, songs are more distinguished and aren't utter shite.

The Sad Punk said:

From what I've heard though, they're definitely not nu-metal. Much more interesting, songs are more distinguished and aren't utter shite.

:yes: Their new album especially has them branching out a lot more imo...

:hmm: I recall their bassist being very amazing from articles I read in magazines and whatnots.

:yes: I like them, well.. used to?... :| I haven't listened to them in a while. great stuff from what I remember though :up:

I remember back in the day, when my brother and I shared a cell phone (maybe 4 yrs ago??) we had 'Smooth Criminal' for our ring tone. :happy:

Back
Top Bottom