Alfalfa, Oregon Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of chocolate, I had some cherry cordial candies a little bit ago. :drool:

Oh, wow. That came out pretty decent. I like that a lot.

Yeah, I was amazed at how well balanced it is. I just whipped my camera out and didn't even have time to actually compose the shot. Just bloody good luck. I expected the church tower or the cars at the lights to be cut off.

oh, if you were serious about the laptop, the macbook is great.

I'm dead serious about buying all my technology from Various Technologies now!

Actually, I do need a laptop and I'm thinking I will get a Mac, then just put XP on it because OS X is kind of crappy. Yes, I know I just signed my death warrant if either Khan or phanan read this post.

Yeah, I was amazed at how well balanced it is. I just whipped my camera out and didn't even have time to actually compose the shot. Just bloody good luck. I expected the church tower or the cars at the lights to be cut off.
Nothing wrong with a bit of luck!

I'm dead serious about buying all my technology from Various Technologies now!

Actually, I do need a laptop and I'm thinking I will get a Mac, then just put XP on it because OS X is kind of crappy. Yes, I know I just signed my death warrant if either Khan or phanan read this post.
i didn't like the idea of the mac os, but i'm really happy with it, i'd advise you to give it a chance.

i went mac to avoid vista, of course. but i do love this baby. and the new ones are titanium! damn it i was like 5 months early.

i didn't like the idea of the mac os, but i'm really happy with it, i'd advise you to give it a chance.

i went mac to avoid vista, of course. but i do love this baby. and the new ones are titanium! damn it i was like 5 months early.

I have given it a chance, I've had my Mac with OS X for about 1.5 years. Yet I continue to prefer using my PC. It's quicker and easier to navigate, honestly. But yeah, I'm going to avoid Vista. No way in hell am I buying a laptop with that on it.

ARGH :scream: I just got spoiled about a death in an episode I haven't seen yet.

I HATE THE INTERNET SOMETIMES.

I must be the only person in the world who really doesn't care that much about spoilers, except when it comes to sports results. Honestly, until I was about 15, I was the kind of guy who'd flick to the back of a book to read the ending before I was even halfway through.

I must be the only person in the world who really doesn't care that much about spoilers, except when it comes to sports results. Honestly, until I was about 15, I was the kind of guy who'd flick to the back of a book to read the ending before I was even halfway through.
God, you're exactly like my boyfriend.

If you take away the surprise, you take away all the fun!

No bullet to the brain? No decapitation? No long slow death on the rack? I'm let down, Khandahar. Very let down.
well i wasn't planning on it, but now i'm going to beat you to death with a dell laptop. they're worthless anyway :drool:

Steve_Dell_Ad.jpg

God, you're exactly like my boyfriend.

If you take away the surprise, you take away all the fun!

See, to me, that just focuses far too much on the ending. I'd rather focus on how the story's developed and constructed, how engaging it is. Who cares if I know the ending? It's like ... I know a train's going to come when I go trainspotting. Doesn't take away from photographing it, even if spontaneous, surprise ones like today's image are really delightful.

Serena, regarding the signature, let's do a bit of an experiment with the train pictures. I just randomly thought of these photos. Not sure if any will be particularly good, or look good together even if they'd work with other stuff. So I might ask you to replace one or two with something else if these choices don't work.

Left to right:

[Current far left one]
untitled picture
All aboard
[One I posted today]
Comeng entering Royal Park

Serena, regarding the signature, let's do a bit of an experiment with the train pictures. I just randomly thought of these photos. Not sure if any will be particularly good, or look good together even if they'd work with other stuff. So I might ask you to replace one or two with something else if these choices don't work.

Left to right:

[Current far left one]
untitled picture
All aboard
[One I posted today]
Comeng entering Royal Park
Alrighty, this seems good.
Any particular border you'd like?

See, to me, that just focuses far too much on the ending. I'd rather focus on how the story's developed and constructed, how engaging it is. Who cares if I know the ending? It's like ... I know a train's going to come when I go trainspotting. Doesn't take away from photographing it, even if spontaneous, surprise ones like today's image are really delightful.
That's what rereads are for. I read all the good books at least twice.

Speaking of which, I need to reread Life As We Knew It, because it was so fucking good that I actually dreamt about the entire plot the other night, almost exactly a year after reading it the first time.

PLUS THERE'S A SEQUEL I HAVEN'T READ YET *salivates*

so why do good for you and go fuck yourself share the same abreiviation? and is it safe to assume khan's was the latter?

Hah, I would never think of "good for you" when reading GFY. I've only seen it used to mean "go fuck yourself".

Knowing Khan and her grungy geese, she probably meant grubby foul Yorkshiremen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom