Alec Baldwin: Father of the Year

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Girl1978

Blue Crack Addict
http://www.aolcdn.com/tmz_audio/0419_baldwin

He's a great actor and I like him....but he has some serious anger management issues!!! :slant:

From TMZ:

An enraged Alec Baldwin unleashed a volcanic tirade of threats and insults on his 11-year-old daughter, Ireland, calling her a "thoughtless little pig," and bashing her mother Kim Basinger -- and TMZ has obtained the whole thing unfiltered and raw. And, we've learned, the tape could cost Baldwin his visitation rights.

After Ireland failed to answer her father's scheduled morning phone call from New York on April 11, Alec went berserk on her voice mail, saying "Once again, I have made an ass of myself trying to get to a phone," adding, "you have insulted me for the last time."

Switching his train of thought, Baldwin then exercised his incredible parenting skills and took a shot at his ex-wife, declaring, "I don't give a damn that you're 12-years-old or 11-years-old, or a child, or that your mother is a thoughtless pain in the ass who doesn't care about what you do." The irate Baldwin went on to say, "You've made me feel like s**t" and threatened to "straighten your ass out."

"This crap you pull on me with this goddamn phone situation that you would never dream of doing to your mother," screamed Baldwin, "and you do it to me constantly over and over again."

Before hanging up, Baldwin warned the child, "You better be ready Friday the 20th to meet with me." That's tomorrow.

We've learned that on Wednesday, Los Angeles County Superior Court commissioner Maren Nelson heard the tape and temporarily suspended Baldwin's visitation rights. A hearing is set for May 4, where the judge could permanently deny Baldwin visitation or contact with Ireland.

Calls to Basinger's attorneys, celebrity lawyers Neal Hersh and Judy Bogen, were not returned.

Baldwin's lawyer, Vicki Greene, told TMZ, "Whatever happened yesterday was sealed and confidential. What you're telling me you've got you shouldn't have."

asshole.gif

Screw that. I bet the kid wasn't picking up the phone like she was suppossed to.

I've heard worse things from a parent and this is just a COMPLETE overreaction from everybody.

I don't understand why this kind of stuff is public knowledge. Are we that desperate for celebrity gossip that we have to know about conversations between B list actors and their daughters?

Chizip said:
I don't understand why this kind of stuff is public knowledge. Are we that desperate for celebrity gossip that we have to know about conversations between B list actors and their daughters?

Chizip said:

It is unfortunate this even happened & I highly doubt it is what it is made to seem it is. Obviously someone felt this needed to be made public in an effort to humiliate Baldwin and THAT is sad. I feel sorry for the daughter actually. And it's really nobody else's business. :no:

So ... how did TMZ get that private voicemail, anyway? It sounds like someone (Kim?) played it for the county commissioner or whatever, but who leaked it to the press?

My money's on the daughter herself. Have to admit, that's some pretty good payback for calling your daughter a "thoughtless little pig."

Or it was Kim who told TMZ. Which isn't as nice, and only makes things worse for the daughter, caught between her warring parents.

Chizip said:

I don't really think you can blame the public in this instance. I'd wager a bet that 99.9% of us don't give a shit. If this was leaked to gain a better standing in the legal proceedings, by one of the parties (and it seems most likely) or as payback by the kid, then if anything, they're using the public to further their own means.

I heard about this on the news this morning. I can't even imagine if my dad ever talked like that to me. :huh:

I agree, there was no reason for any of us to hear it, but it's out there, so...I felt like commenting on it. :shrug:

Bonochick said:
I heard about this on the news this morning. I can't even imagine if my dad ever talked like that to me. :huh:

I would be absolutely gutted too..............and i could never ever dream of talking to my kids like that!

But honestly.......you are left asking "Who is the grown-up" I don't blame her if she did this on purpose........I would not want to answer his calls if he carried on like a dickhead either! By the sounds of it it's not the first time he's gone off his rocker over this sort of thing.:tsk:

Last edited:
Even though there's no excuse for it, I can understand his frustration. I have seen so much stuff like this in real life. You just don't know the other side of it. Kim is likely turning the kid against him, brainwashing her against her Dad, and either telling her not to talk to him or scaring the kid so bad of her father she won't talk to him. It's very sad. But don't think just because someone is a child they are sweet an innocent. I have experienced meanness and cruelty from kids worse than any adult.

Yes he had an improper outburst, and I wouldn't be surprised if Kim didn't set him up to infuriate him so she could tape him and make him look bad. It was a dirty trick, it's their private business and she had no business smearing his name all over the place. Also you don't know what SHE may have said to him, or even to the kid that may be worse. Please don't judge the guy until you know the whole story.

I feel sorry for them ALL.

U2Kitten said:
Please don't judge the guy until you know the whole story.

I don't care WHAT happened, there is no excuse for a dad to talk to his 11 year old daughter that. Even if she did or said something nasty to him that we don't know about, he needs to be an adult and handle the situation in a mature fashion...not start swearing and threatening her.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
i've heard far worse coming from my neighbor across the street :shrug:

Me too but mine were next door.

This should be a lesson to everyone, don't ever leave a voice mail to someone who will use it against you. I bet Kim has said just as bad or worse but she never got caught. These things always go both ways.

Bonochick said:

I don't care WHAT happened, there is no excuse for a dad to talk to his 11 year old daughter that. Even if she did or said something nasty to him that we don't know about, he needs to be an adult and handle the situation in a mature fashion...not start swearing and threatening her.

COMPLETE overreaction. "Thoughtless pig"? Please. I´ve heard worse from parents who have a great relationship with their kids and all they´re doing is having an argument. You lose your temper and you say stuff like that. This whole issue is ridiculous and only made to sound as bad as it has because the guy´s a celebrity.

corianderstem said:
So ... how did TMZ get that private voicemail, anyway? It sounds like someone (Kim?) played it for the county commissioner or whatever, but who leaked it to the press?

My money's on the daughter herself. Have to admit, that's some pretty good payback for calling your daughter a "thoughtless little pig."

Or it was Kim who told TMZ. Which isn't as nice, and only makes things worse for the daughter, caught between her warring parents.

TMZ guy was on the radio this morning and he implied that it was the daughter that allowed or wished for it to be leaked. It seems like this has been really ugly for years perhaps she's trying to get them to shut up and wake up.

ok, i've pulled some pretty crazy stuff on my exhusband and daisy was no angel either when it came to her dislike of her father. hoever, my exhusband would NEVER call her ANY derogatory names. its not an overreaction. not at all.

icelle said:
ok, i've pulled some pretty crazy stuff on my exhusband and daisy was no angel either when it came to her dislike of her father. hoever, my exhusband would NEVER call her ANY derogatory names. its not an overreaction. not at all.

It´s an overreaction because all he did was get upset. He pays the bills doesn´t he? He´s there for her? He doesn´t "beat" her with a belt (God forbid, right?). I just think that it´s really unfair to judge an angry person when you´re calm. It´s two different mindsets.

BrownEyedBoy said:

COMPLETE overreaction. "Thoughtless pig"? Please. I´ve heard worse from parents who have a great relationship with their kids and all they´re doing is having an argument. You lose your temper and you say stuff like that. This whole issue is ridiculous and only made to sound as bad as it has because the guy´s a celebrity.

If you truly think that what I said is a "COMPLETE overreaction", I'm just wondering if your parents ever talked to you like that...or if you would ever talk to your kids like that.

I couldn't care less if he is a celebrity or not, that has absolutely nothing to do with my opinion on this matter. I don't think ANY parent should talk to their child that way. I just really have a hard time making any excuse or justification for such behavior.

Lots of parents lose their cool and yell at their kids. It happens. Hell, it's happened to me lots of times. It doesn't mean that I was abused or my parents hate me. Personally, I think kids who were never yelled at and who were handled with kid gloves can turn out to be some of the most screwed up kids because they grow up not knowing how to handle any sort of conflict and they end up freaking out at the smallest thing once they do grow up. But, I'm getting off-topic here.

We're failing to look at other factors, which may be he tried calling nine times previous and this was the call in which he finally lost it, she could be a complete brat who's using this as a way to get something, it could be Kim Basinger's doing. Who knows? Who cares? This is just something else bored people feel the need to pass judgement on.

:shrug:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
This is just something else bored people feel the need to pass judgement on.

:shrug:

So now you're passing judgement on those of us who have opinions on this?

I've been yelled at by my parents...rightfully deserved...but I was never sworn at and called names. Big difference.

Back
Top Bottom