Albums you've bought but wish you hadn't

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2dork

Rock n' Roll Doggie
This usually happens to me when I buy albums on a wim. Sometimes, however, I luck out and get something I really like.

The last album I bought and wish I hadn't was the Scissor Sisters. I had heard Take Your Mother Out. It was kind of catchy - I love glam rock. I bought the album only to find what I would describe as a Bee Gees tribute band. I can totally see these people doing some sort of 70's broadway musical. I'm sure there are more disks like this in my collection. How about you guys?

Limp Bizkit (no one... 2 albums!, well... it was when I was younger and more stupid) ??'

I buy a lot of albums I end up really disliking. Most recently, Finger Eleven.

The main reason I list these is because I rarely listened to them a year afterward. Yeah, I have a lot of regrets, but this is only a few...Also...it should be noted I have over 600 discs and the present. Some of these were sold back

David Bowie's "...Hours".

Bjork: "Post"

Dream Theater: I forget the name

Half of the Prince albums I own ("Diamonds and Pearls", "Graffiti Bridge", "Black Album", "Around the World in a Day", "Emancipation", "(Symbol)"

Collective Soul: "Collective Soul"

Chumbawumba: That album with 'Tubthumping'

Mission Impossible Sdtrk.

Kansas City Sdtrk.

Michael Jackson: "Dangerous"

Billy Joel: "Storm Front"

Elton John: "Reg Strikes Back", "Made in England", "The Lion King"

Enigma: The one with Return to Innocence

The Bodyguard Sdtrk

Silver Sdtrk

Batman Forever Sdtrk

Ace of Base: "The Sign"

MC Hammer: "Too Legit 2 Quit"

Paul McCartney: "Flaming Pie", "Tug of War", "London Town", "Venus and Mars" and "Wings Over America"

Wham: "Music From the Edge of Heaven"

Kool and the Gang: "Greatest Hits of the 1980's"

Pat Boone: "Greatest Hits"

Flashdance Sdtrk

Boston: "Don't Look Back", "Third Stage"

the a.m.--the a.m.

the country cds i collected in my short but terrifying country stage

the corrs--in blue

rooney--rooney

i'm usually pretty happy with the cds i buy though...very few complaints...

All That You Can't Leave Behind.

Also um, several albums by Ben Harper.

And Faith No More's 'album of the year' (this was many moons ago).

Truth is I pawned my CD collection for money a few years ago, and in hindsight there were only about ten albums I felt the need to re-acquire. It pays to have discretion.

Oasis - Be Here Now (first album I ever sold at the second-hand CD shop)

Daft Punk - Homework (2 good songs amidst filler)

"Three Musketeers" soundtrack - only because at the time I liked that Sting, Rod Stewart & Brian Adams song.

Usually I'm very careful about what I buy though, and most of my "gut feeling" purchases have been successful too.

And there were times when I'd listen to an album a year or two after I bought and hated it and voila, I've changed my mind about it.

there's a band who did a song called neighbourhood freaks. i bought their album because i thought i liked another of their songs.
i didn't and it was a shameful lost opportunity to buy something worthwhile.
i cant remember the name of the group now. they're woeful.

The "regretted album" thing brings up another issue I have with i-tunes. If you don't like the album you've made the mistake of downloading, you can't sell it back or trade it for something else.

And I'm laughing at some of these responses. It's kind of like revealing the most embarrassing album in your collection.

Phil Collins - No Jacket Required.

Really, it's the worst disc in my collection. Sure, there are albums I don't play a lot (some included in Dano's list :wink: ), but I don't wish I hadn't bought them. I mean, Batman Forever is part of my U2 collection (thus: essential). Only that Phil Collins one is truly horrible.

*has bought Left Of The Middle by Nathalie Imbruglia a few weeks ago for very cheap and listened to it only once, but knows the few decent songs on it are worth it*

:)

Marty

the last one i can remember thinking i would like it and didn't was the hives cd. i just couldn't get into it.

oh and the vines - winning days but that was a b-day gift so that's ok.

I have tons of these cd's, most were bought during my "I'll buy the whole cd for just the one song" stage. Some of them are from recomendations from here, there, and everywhere. Here's a sample....I'd post more, but I don't want to get up and walk into my room to get titles and such.

David Bowie - Heathen

Wilco - Yankee foxtrot...

The frist two White Strpies cds

More later.....

U2dork said:
This usually happens to me when I buy albums on a wim. Sometimes, however, I luck out and get something I really like.

The last album I bought and wish I hadn't was the Scissor Sisters. I had heard Take Your Mother Out.

My most recent one was also Scissor Sisters. It wasn't bad, just not my thing I guess. :shrug:

I just thought of another disk. This one I'm actually kind of embarrassed that I own --Jet's Get Born.:no:

I predict that in five years time, Jet will be in a lot of remainder bins in a lot of places. And they'll be showing up in a lot of threads like this one.

Jet aren't bad, they just aren't good.

rem - reveal
the pinkerton thugs - end of an era (there's one song on here i really like. the rest is just mediocre)

Re: Re: Albums you've bought but wish you hadn't

neutral said:

My most recent one was also Scissor Sisters. It wasn't bad, just not my thing I guess. :shrug:

Interesting that Bono is apparently a fan....

Look, guys, the Scissor Sisters are like the Elton John of their generation and um... they are the dudes!

Once again, the Scissor Sisters aren't bad, they just aren't good.

Elton John is not what I thought of as I listened to their album. I grew up on Elton, as my parents were mega fans.
In regard to the Bono thing, I recently went to see Prince. I heard he gave good show. I throughly enjoyed it. Had I met the man, I would probably rave about him and the show. I'm still not a Prince fan...

Back
Top Bottom