Aimee Mann is a great songwriter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrBrau1

ONE love, blood, life
She's brilliant. I love her. Head over heels for her music over the past few months:

Deafly
Invisible Ink
The Moth
You Just Know
4th Of July
Stupid Thing
Say Anything
50 Years After
That's Just What You Are

And she's great live.

I would add the obvious to that list - Save Me - as well as her brilliant cover of Coldplay's The Scientist. I actually started getting into her just recently and last week bought her live album through iTunes. She's great.

Is this the same Aimee Mann from waaay back who sang that "hush hush keep it down now, voices carry" song? Shes used to have short plantinum hair with a long rats tail down the back. ie she looked like one of Kajagoogoo.

That Aimee Mann? Or a different one?

For beginners to Aimee Mann, I'd reco the Magnolia soundtrack or Bachlorette #2.

She amazing. Amazing and gifted songwriter. Phenomenal live. And yes, gorgeous in person too. Her singing voice is out of this world. :drool:

I've actually been listening to "Calling it Quits" a lot lately.

Maybe I should have taken more notice when my (now ex-) boyfriend put it on a mix CD for me. :|

I have Whatever and Bachelor #2 (or the last remains of the dodo) and I like them both. For me, the better one is Whatever. It seems a bit rockier. Plus, "I Should've Known" is a brilliant song. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom