AIC - Dirt

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

She Is Raging

Refugee
I love this album :heart: :heart: :heart:

When I listen to it.... I dont know whether I want to cry, sleep, run a marathon, smoke a joint, or all of the above. Just a really deep album with lots of different emotions. At least to me.

I still can't believe Stahley is dead. I mean, in a sense I knew it was inevitable, but still such a loss.

I long for the music scene from about 10 years ago when I was in high school. To me these days, it just doesnt seem like these new bands have the same quality. It didnt get much better when you could hear the likes of Nirvana, AIC, STP, GNR (illusions I and II), soundgarden,Pearl Jam etc on any given station. I'm so disallusioned with bands like Limp Bizkit, Lincoln Park, etc... Ijust dont see any quality behind the music IMO. Everything is just too watered down.

Anyways... just my two cents. :crack:

I couldn't agree more!

Besides the awesome sounds of Jerry Cantrell's guitar and the soaring harmonies of Jerry and Layne, the whole album is an emotional rollercoaster.

Great album!

SHEISRAGING -

I fully agree, I love grunge.

I have to say that I love AIC Unplugged. it is great - sludge factory on that disc is phenomenal...

too bad too too bad

I totally agree with what has been said- I am very disillusioned with most of the new music out these days, I can dig some of it but most of it just sounds dull to me, the rap/metal scene is not really me and most of the new rock stuff like BRMC, doves, the strokes etc etc just dont do anything for me, but you go back ten years ago and there was a great sound coming ou of the west coast of America, only just the other weekend I was at a friends house and we put on Nevermind and rocked out to that and I remember thinking 'I love this stuff' and AIC were great, 'would' was one of the first grunge songs that I heard apart from Nirvana and I always liked Layne's voice but my fave bands from around that era, well their sound from then were Soundgarden, I just adore every riff in 'Jesus Christ Pose' and Chris Cornell has one wicked voice and I also love/d stone temple pilots and another band that was good to was Urge Overkill, whilst they were not really grunge they came from somewhere in America I am sure and they put out one great, great album in 93 I think called 'Saturation' and they have never been heard of since, anyway I love remembering the good old music days:)

Back
Top Bottom