AFL Thread. James Hird Does a Bono!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perennial underachievers who are currently in an a very exciting place but likely to just not quite make it.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Were really good 30 years ago, then sucked for a long time. Got really good briefly about 15 years ago, then were mediocre for about ten years, have bottomed out massively in the last few years (at first unintentionally, now intentionally), just at the beginning of a rebuild.

Hmm sounds more like Richmond, I'd say. Or maybe Melbourne. Or Essendon without the gigantic supplements scandal.

Very nice of us to give Geelong an easy farewell game for their champions. We are a very generous side.

Well this is just weird after what the Crows did to West Coast last week!

Curious about Cobbler's thoughts on the departure of certain Geelong stalwarts. I'm surprised they're moving Stevie J on.

Well this is just weird after what the Crows did to West Coast last week!

Curious about Cobbler's thoughts on the departure of certain Geelong stalwarts. I'm surprised they're moving Stevie J on.

We're not putting any effort in. It's such a 'meh, whatever, we're in the finals' performance. Not to mention we're getting the usual Geelong hometown umpiring fare.

It's good they're moving Stevie J on. He's done. Happy to see the back of him.

It was interesting to read Chris Scott's remark about players not getting to dictate the terms of their own departure ahead of club plans. It feels like the Australian cricket team has operated on the opposite policy, failing to make the tough decisions when legends won't step aside, and suffering for it. On the other hand, it's hard to resist the allure of a great narrative for a fan favourite.

I think C Scott's position on that was good, and in some way it's being proven today with SJ and Kelly. I'm a bit unsure about giving Scott Thompson an extra year because of the gap between his best and worst.

Wow, check out what Brisbane have done in the second quarter against the Dogs, after looking cooked at quarter time.

Ah yes, the typical Adelaide-at-SS make a comeback and then let them kick a few in a row. So typical.

Would rather we lost by 10 goals this afternoon.

Huddo hasn't bothered to hide his bias all match. Usually he's good at this.

Would rather we lost by 10 goals this afternoon.

Huddo hasn't bothered to hide his bias all match. Usually he's good at this.

Huddo's call of that epic 50+ point comeback by Brisbane over Geelong in 2013 was amazing. His heart must've been breaking inside but you'd never have known.

But I suppose like most of the clubs playing this weekend, he too doesn't have much reason to try.

Wish we'd just decide if we were going to tank an entire match or give a shit for all of it. In the end we did both and it looks so much uglier. All teams ranked 5-8 have looked awful in their games so far, it's not a good look this resting stuff.

If Brisbane beat the Dogs, Adelaide are going to really rue this loss. They would've got a home final.

Brisbane's play the last few minutes has been excellent, some of their best all year.

Holy shit, fucking really? What an awful season. Fuck you, Doggies. Rolled over to an embarrassing loser franchise like...well, like dogs.

Okay I might have nearly cried at that Stevie J goal.

I despise Stevie J and I'm glad to see the end of him, but I sympathise.

If Brisbane beat the Dogs, Adelaide are going to really rue this loss. They would've got a home final.

Brisbane's play the last few minutes has been excellent, some of their best all year.

Maybe a little, but I never seriously expected it.

Holy shit, fucking really? What an awful season. Fuck you, Doggies. Rolled over to an embarrassing loser franchise like...well, like dogs.

It means you'll get a #1 pick in the draft though.

Dogs coming back now. Will be a big finish.

In fact there we go, Dogs reclaim the lead!

Maybe a little, but I never seriously expected it.

Sure Adelaide needed the Brisbane result to go their way, but they still ought to have gone hard for that home final. Nobody wants to travel to the Adelaide Oval at the best of times, let alone for an elimination final.

Carn the Lions!

Never expected this game to be so exciting.

Gold Coast upsetting Sydney tonight and reducing their percentage, would make my year.

I've played around with some of the math, and if Coast were to win by a score line of 80-70, this would see Richmond finish fourth.

I'm dreaming out loud clearly, but if such a sensational upset happened, we become a deadly serious premiership threat.

Sent from a barge floating through the docks of Dublin

I would think so, current Freo at Subi is much more preferable than West Coast at Subi, I'm not sure about Sydney in this finals series either.

:(

I'd be excited about our #1 pick if a bunch of chimps weren't making the picks for us and later coaching them. Alas, it's just going to be a waste.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom