AFL Thread. James Hird Does a Bono!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What a result by Brisbane! And what a feast of goals too. So much about this being a dud round - that was one of the most enjoyable games I've watched in a while.

Gold Coast upsetting Sydney tonight and reducing their percentage, would make my year.

I've played around with some of the math, and if Coast were to win by a score line of 80-70, this would see Richmond finish fourth.

Oh man, this would be awesome. Hope it happens.

We have a schedule! :hyper:

COI7rcdUYAEIAmU.jpg

Felt like West Coast were coasting and they still crushed St Kilda by almost 100 points. Scary. Not sure who I'd tip for Eagles vs Hawks yet - and goddamnit I'll be out at the Yumi Zouma concert.

It's going to be one hell of a first week of finals. I expect Freo and Richmond to get the job done against Sydney and North, but Dogs vs Adelaide could go either way.

I'll still tip Hawthorn. They might have been a bit scratchier the last few months but their best is better than anyone and I get the feeling they rest on their laurels a bit in the regular season but they turn it on in finals.

Friday's match is starting at 6.20pm Perth time. Surely they could've made it an hour later? Half the crowd might not even turned up by then!

I'm not sure if I want Melbourne to lose today so that an Essendon victory would take us one position further up the ladder, or if I want Essendon to stay behind Melbourne so that we get a higher draft pick.

I'm not sure if I want Melbourne to lose today so that an Essendon victory would take us one position further up the ladder, or if I want Essendon to stay behind Melbourne so that we get a higher draft pick.

Exactly the dilemma I faced yesterday.

The point's probably moot for me since Essendon are unlikely to beat Collingwood.

From a team sense, thank god this wasted season is all but over. From a tournament sense, god are finals going to be good.

Crowd of under 9,000 at Etihad today. This is what you get if you schedule a Melbourne home game there against a low drawing interstate side.

On a fucking Sunday with all the finals teams having played when literally no one gives a shit.

I watched my home club Wyndham Vale win their first ever flag today, been 30 years coming. Lovely to see but fuck I hate being amongst their supporter group. Large group of pissed young men who were just feral. One bloke was holding his baby whilst calling the opposition full-forward a "fucking faggot", another asked aloud of the female goal umpire "why she isn't wearing a g-banger". So fucking dispiriting, and this shit is so common. I didn't say anything, which makes me implicit in sexism. I don't think I laughed, I really hope I didn't, can never trust myself with my anxiety but I'm going to write an anonymous letter to the league.

Crowd of under 9,000 at Etihad today. This is what you get if you schedule a Melbourne home game there against a low drawing interstate side.

Would have been twice that crowd had it been at the 'G. Demons fans hate playing there.

Feel for the 'dogs having to play their "Home" Final at the MCG.

Footscray vs Adelaide is perfect fare for Docklands, and the higher placed team's earned advantage is as good as eroded.

Will be an absolute belter regardless. It's a cracking first-week fixture.

Sent from a barge floating through the docks of Dublin

Would have been twice that crowd had it been at the 'G. Demons fans hate playing there.

Feel for the 'dogs having to play their "Home" Final at the MCG.

Footscray vs Adelaide is perfect fare for Docklands, and the higher placed team's earned advantage is as good as eroded.

Will be an absolute belter regardless. It's a cracking first-week fixture.

Sent from a barge floating through the docks of Dublin

Think there's a good chance there'll be 60k+ for that Elim. final. I would imagine 15-20k Adelaide supporters and a lot of neutrals to go with the Dogs home crowd.

Ellie Goulding, Chris Isaak and Bryan Adams are the granny day entertainment ������

James Blunt to do the Brownlow. :lol:

Bennell put up for trade.

inb4 he ends up at Hawthorn/Geelong somehow.

aka Eade is sick of Bennell's shit.

Bennell's probably just disappointed he wasn't around to be a member of the West Coke Eagles or perhaps the Saints in their "heyday".

Mark Robinson says Essendon want a first and second round pick for him ...

Not sure why the Pies are chasing Kruzer. Why chase an injury prone ruckman who has never lived up to potential when we have Grundy and Witts. I'm still bitter we gave Ceglar to Hawthorn.

I see the footy tipping has reset to zero for finals, so Ashley should jump back in.

My calls:

West Coast vs Hawthorn
This ought to be a classic. I expect it to be very close, but for the Hawks' finals experience to give them the edge when it counts and hold their nerve at the end.

Freo vs Sydney
I was tipping Freo even before Buddy and Kieran Jack got rubbed out. In fact, this is the only game where I wasn't indecisive about my tip. The Dockers on home turf against a weakened opponent on the decline? I'll be very shocked if they don't go straight to a home prelim.

Doggies vs Adelaide
I really don't know about this one. I went with the Dogs partly for home ground advantage, even if the MCG is less advantageous for them than Etihad. In front of 50,000+ rabid Vlads at Adelaide Oval I would've tipped the Crows.

Richmond vs North
Another game that - well, which North will show up? But on paper the Tiges are the better team and it's about fucking time they got past the first round of finals.

Not sure why the Pies are chasing Kruzer. Why chase an injury prone ruckman who has never lived up to potential when we have Grundy and Witts. I'm still bitter we gave Ceglar to Hawthorn.

Usually it's the time of year where everyone is being linked to Collingwood. :wink:

Also, Chris Knights in his last year has done his knee at training. Terrible stuff. One of the unluckiest players in recent years. :(

I see the footy tipping has reset to zero for finals, so Ashley should jump back in.

My calls:

West Coast vs Hawthorn
This ought to be a classic. I expect it to be very close, but for the Hawks' finals experience to give them the edge when it counts and hold their nerve at the end.

Freo vs Sydney
I was tipping Freo even before Buddy and Kieran Jack got rubbed out. In fact, this is the only game where I wasn't indecisive about my tip. The Dockers on home turf against a weakened opponent on the decline? I'll be very shocked if they don't go straight to a home prelim.

Doggies vs Adelaide
I really don't know about this one. I went with the Dogs partly for home ground advantage, even if the MCG is less advantageous for them than Etihad. In front of 50,000+ rabid Vlads at Adelaide Oval I would've tipped the Crows.

Richmond vs North
Another game that - well, which North will show up? But on paper the Tiges are the better team and it's about fucking time they got past the first round of finals.

Same, but flip the Crows and Doggies. Adelaide crushing West Coast really impressed me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom