Advice needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheBrush

War Child
OK, I have been makeing plans to go see the foo fighters for a month now. I bought two GA's cause who wants to go by themselves. I figured i could rope someone into going with me. I live in Niagara Falls and the concert is in cleveland I figured it would be fun and I would drive. But nothing has panned out. I had a window to sell them but its passed being the concert is 11 days away(oct. 8th). I didnt sell them cause I found someone who could go. Sadly they cannot.

I was wondering first. Has anyone ever gone to a concert by themselves. Is it still any fun. Dont know how into it I will be after driving a few hours by myself.

Second. Can i sell a ticket in cleveland. Its not scalping if i just sell it for face or something is it. I mean face value plus fees of course.

Also if anyone is in the area or wants to go i could sell you the ticket(s). This whole day planning has been a headache and im about to give up

I have never gone to a show by myself, but I think I would enjoy it. Plus I enjoy driving by myself, especially on long road trips.

I think you would be able to sell the ticket at the show for cost. Also, ever think about E Bay?

I saw Radiohead by myself. I had a good time. Just find fun people to hang out with. Or just hang back and listen to the music.

You can't scalp tickets, resell, whatever, at venues, but if you're not making a profit, most of the times, if the cops even notice, they let it slide. Maybe say, "Knock it off." And it's just 1 ticket,right? Don't sweat it.

You could also put it on ebay and just have the winner meet you at the show. I've done that too. Never had a problem.

Numb1075 said:
I have never gone to a show by myself, but I think I would enjoy it. Plus I enjoy driving by myself, especially on long road trips.

I think you would be able to sell the ticket at the show for cost. Also, ever think about E Bay?

Your advice sucks. eBay? Come on....so silly.

don't worry about it - one of my favourite gigs was the last Manic Street Preachers one I was at where I was on my own but it meant I could get right to the front without taking anyone with me and didn't have to worry about losing or finding them so I just jumped around like a madman for the night.

Numb1075 said:

yea but there isnt much time, and is it hard to set up a sellers account. I have a regular account. Is getting paypal for a seller hard. Again I have it as a buyer.

I really want to see them so i may end up going anyways and take my chances.

Beav, great minds think a like

TheBrush - you don't know anyone at all who would want to go?!?! What about JaJa?:wink:

Numb1075 said:
Beav, great minds think a like

TheBrush - you don't know anyone at all who would want to go?!?! What about JaJa?:wink:

I was waiting for that!!!! especially from you!!!!!

HAHA

Its weird anyone of my friends that kinda likes either weezer or foo fighters is busy that columbus day weekend. My one buddy has a car show to go to and another friend cannot afford it.

I think I may end up going, I have seen U2 and collective Soul for the first time this year so after seeing my two fav bands why not do everything within reason to see the third. I mean its not that far of a drive for myself.

I Just hope I will be able to get rid of the other ticket

Going to a show by yourself is no problem! Especially if you love the band(s)!

Case in point: I am currently sitting in a hotel room by myself after driving all day so that I can see Oasis, Jet, and Kasabian tonight! ALL BY MYSELF! :)

I actually went to Coldplay two weeks ago by myself and had a blast! I got to meet other fans that I probably would have never spoken to if I was with someone else!

Anyway, I would say... GO! :D

And if you can't... I would check out the forums for those bands, a lot of times there are other fans who are looking for tix (even last minute!)

going to shows alone is fun. often times it's more fun than going with people. it does feel a little weird sometimes if you're in seats and sitting alone, but since you've got GA that shouldn't be a problem.

if you end up not going to a show because you don't want to go alone, you're an idiot. unless you have legit worries about being raped or something, then i guess the idiot thing was a little out of line. i had plans to drive out to boston a couple weeks ago (2 hour drive from here), but my friend's plans fell through. i ended up spending some money i shouldn't have spent, i booked a hotel room, hopped on a bus, and went to the show myself. i had a fucking blast, it was awesome.

I like going to shows by myself

sometimes there are bands that any of my friends know/like and I have to go alone

TheBrush said:
I was wondering first. Has anyone ever gone to a concert by themselves. Is it still any fun. Dont know how into it I will be after driving a few hours by myself.

i've been to gigs by myself before and loved it. i guess it depends partly on the band you're seeing and partly on your own personality. i've only gone by myself to gigs by bands i absolutely adore so i know that from the minute they take to the stage i'll be so captivated i forget i'm on my own and just enjoy it. and besides i'm the kind of person who's in a world of her own during gigs anyway so half the time i don't notice the person standing next to me. and if i'm on my own i don't need to worry about losing people in the crowd as inevitably happens when you engage in a spot of crowd surfing.

honestly i'd say go for it. if you like the band enough you'll have a good gig anyway and as long as you know you'll be safe enough alone (which i imagine at a venue the size foo fighters play won't be a problem) there's no reason not to go.

i'm off to another gig all by my little old self again on friday.

I always go to shows alone. I actually prefer it to going with others. Going by myself allows me to do exactly what I want when I want. :)

Back
Top Bottom