Adelaide, Australia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
All of this Duran Duran talk makes me want to pick up Greatest. It's got Come Undone on it, and I love that song.

KhanadaRhodes said:

:no: they have so many better songs than that, and that's a lousy compilation.

Are there any compilations that are superior? No way am I getting all of the albums for like 5 songs. :tsk:

LemonMelon said:
Are there any compilations that are superior? No way am I getting all of the albums. :tsk:
well, they only had two, decade and greatest. decade's out of print now that greatest is out, and it's only their 80s stuff. but at least that isn't butchered mixes and cuts.

seriously, they cut a verse and half of save a prayer on greatest :|

you're talking to someone who has all the albums (plus records), compilations, and box sets...oh and a demo one of the former band members released back when he was in the band. i think i have it all :lol:

i just think greatest should've been a two disc set :shrug: or they should've cut less worthy songs off there to save space.

KhanadaRhodes said:

well, they only had two, decade and greatest. decade's out of print now that greatest is out, and it's only their 80s stuff. but at least that isn't butchered mixes and cuts.

seriously, they cut a verse and half of save a prayer on greatest :|

you're talking to someone who has all the albums (plus records), compilations, and box sets...oh and a demo one of the former band members released back when he was in the band. i think i have it all :lol:

i just think greatest should've been a two disc set :shrug: or they should've cut less worthy songs off there to save space.

I hate edits. :yikes: Madonna's Immaculate Collection has the same problem...it's enjoyable, but...

LemonMelon said:
I hate edits. :yikes: Madonna's Immaculate Collection has the same problem...it's enjoyable, but...
:yes: in some cases, for duran duran, it's inevitable they're going to put the single mix on there. for the reflex and i don't want your love, they released remixes of the song as singles in lieu of the (inferior) album cuts. so if people heard the album versions, they'd be like :huh:

i could always make you a playlist :wink:

True Story: One day last year my mom and I were out with my niece who was seven at the time, and we were playing Hungry Like the Wolf in the car. When we got to where we were going and turned off the car, the song was cut off mid-line during the chorus, it was like "And I'm hungry like the--" And my niece goes "Wooooooooolf!"

It was adorable :cute:

KhanadaRhodes said:

i could always make you a playlist :wink:

:tsk: If I wanted 600 Duran Duran songs, I would splurge for the self titled and Rio and move on with my life. :wink:

DreamOutLoud13 said:
True Story: One day last year my mom and I were out with my niece who was seven at the time, and we were playing Hungry Like the Wolf in the car. When we got to where we were going and turned off the car, the song was cut off mid-line during the chorus, it was like "And I'm hungry like the--" And my niece goes "Wooooooooolf!"

It was adorable :cute:
:cute:

DreamOutLoud13 said:
Where did I hear somebody saying that if you pay attention to the words in Duran Duran songs they don't make any sense at all? :hmm:

People pay attention to Duran Duran lyrics?

LemonMelon said:
:laugh:

15'd. Which is always hilarious.
god, just out of morbid curiosity, i have to do a total now:

782 duran duran songs.
25 arcadia songs.
26 power station songs.
19 andy taylor songs.
116 john taylor songs.
12 neurotic outsiders songs.
12 the devils songs.

total: 992

:uhoh: :reject:

bono_212 said:
Hungry Like the Wolf, Rio, and Ordinary World
For me it's those, plus Come Undone, Save a Prayer, and A View to a Kill.

Rio is my least favourite, Ordinary World is my favourite.

And before anyone jumps on me for disliking Rio... it's because of the repetition, and the sax. I have issues with sax solos in pop music.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom