Adam Clayton... born on August 28th 2002.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Roland of Gilead

Gunslinger
I just want to let my friends on this board know that my son was born yesterday morning on the day of the "official" release of Electrical Storm.

Adam Clayton S.

For those of you in the know, Clayton is my first name. My wife picked "Adam" and I gave our son my first name to be his middle name. Of course, my wife knows the names of U2 and did not have any problems doing this. I :heart: her for this!

Adam decided to "pop" out ;) at 9:26 am PST. 7 pounds 11 ounces. 19 1/2 inches long.

He will have a promo copy of Electical Storm (radio edit) as one of his keepsake items. (I hope to find one eventually)

My first, Sofia, was also born on a significant U2 date. August 31st, 2000. The "official" release of Beautiful Day. She has a copy of this promo.

I am a very very lucky man. All goes well, I can take everyone home today from the hospital. :D

My apologies if this appears to be a "brag" post. It is and I can not help myself! ;)

Take care and I hope that you all enjoyed the new single as much as I did yesterday.

Hey now, you have every right to brag about such a wonderful event! Congrat's to the new daddy (and mommy & big sister) :yes:

Welcome to the world little Adam Clayton :lol: (that's so cute)

made my day you just did...it's not bragging

Beautiful news Roland. Congratulations to your family.

I am glad you posted, I have been thinking of you all the past few days.
Funny thing, I had a chat with jem last week about baby names and said i think all young women make lists of baby names whether they intend to have a child or not......perchance to dream. I told her I had a short list in my geography folder at school...must have been my cowboy days....Jackson, CLAYTON and Chique . I had forgotten that until the other day and had never made the connection with our Adam:heart: it was just a name I liked the sound of:)

Adam is a strong name, it will serve him well thru all stages of his life. Oh rollie, a new little baby boy, your son, that is so wonderful!!
My first "baby" will be 20 in a couple of weeks:scratch: (where did the time go?) so enjoy every little burp, every little smile.
Your "dancing queen" must be so proud of her mum, she has given her someone to love, forever. Well done Mrs Roland of Gilead, you get some good rest and just love those babies of yours.

Each of my sons( I had 3, none with cowboy names,) had their own lullaby... when I hear the songs it brings back very pleasant memories of those special early days.....that you are experiencing now. oh, tiny little newborn legs, tiny little new born fingers, tiny little newborn everything:heart: babies:heart:
WELCOME Adam Clayton

PS: I think we should all pitch in and buy him his first bass guitar.

Last edited:
Congratulations to you and your family!!! That's great news! Reading lovely things like this brightens up my day! :) :happy: :heart:

Thanks for all the kind thoughts! Everything is great so far. Adam is a heavy sleeper for the time being. That last party must of taken its toll on him before coming to this world. ;)

Thanks again!

C.

Congratulations to you and your family Roland! That's so sweet! My sister had a girl on August 12th so we have a new baby in the family too! My youngest son was born on April 4, 2000 - kind of a U2 date since it's in Pride (as sad as the reason is).

Welcome Adam Clayton S! :)

Last edited:
How cool. Congratulations.

I am happy for you and for you I give you the gift of my 800th post!!!

Back
Top Bottom