About hamsters...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had a hamster named Ponyboy....heh yep I was and Outsiders fan....however my dad called him Herman...don't ask lol

he was a great little fella, he loved to be held and talked to. The only bad thing about hamsters is that they dont live long enough
:(

Last edited:
LoveTown said:
I had a hamster named Ponyboy....heh yep I was and Outsiders fan....however my dad called him Herman...don't ask lol

he was a great little fella, he loved to be held and talked to. The only bad thing about hamsters is that they dont live long enough
:(

yeah, and when they go they go...no prior warning like "i'm feeling a bit off today".

when i left to go to work one morning my Moley was running away happly on his wheel.

when i returned at night he was lying stiff underneath his wheel.

poor thing, it would be funny if it wasn't tragic.

oh my gosh ewen I know what you mean! Ponyboy was fine when I filled up his food dishes and water in the morning and in the afternoon when I went to pet him he was all snuggled up in his bedding....but he didnt move! I was traumatized!

LoveTown said:
oh my gosh ewen I know what you mean! Ponyboy was fine when I filled up his food dishes and water in the morning and in the afternoon when I went to pet him he was all snuggled up in his bedding....but he didnt move! I was traumatized!

you have to watch though, they do go into hibernation if it's too cold. When my brother and sister were younger their hamster went into hibernation....my mother, a nurse of all people, didn't want my brother and sister to get upset so she put the said hamster under a warm grill and ended up toasting the poor mite.

true story, i'm not saying it to be cruel. i only heard the story recently from my mother herself.

ewen said:
My girlfriend at the time, her only words to me were "and you used to be a civil engineer!!!

Ewen are you saying youre Scottish, spell your name the Scottish way, wear a kilt AND are a qualified engineer? Some people really are a walking parody of themselves. :wink:

:hug:

beli said:

Ewen are you saying youre Scottish, spell your name the Scottish way, wear a kilt AND are a qualified engineer? Some people really are a walking parody of themselves. :wink:

:hug:

?? i'm very confused.

ewen said:

you have to watch though, they do go into hibernation if it's too cold. When my brother and sister were younger their hamster went into hibernation....my mother, a nurse of all people, didn't want my brother and sister to get upset so she put the said hamster under a warm grill and ended up toasting the poor mite.

true story, i'm not saying it to be cruel. i only heard the story recently from my mother herself.

oh my gosh that's horrible!! Well I'm fairly certain Ponyboy just died. When I bought him the pet store told me that he was getting old and they actually sold him really cheaply. It was very warm the day he died, it was summer in fact.

beli said:

Sorry. And some people make bad jokes ie me.

The standard joke in Australia is that all Scots are engineers.

See the funny I made? :(

ah ok, just thought at first you had for some reason a disbelief in my scottishness! lol

anyway, where's your hamster contribution?

lol. No I believe your Scottish alright. No doubt about it :D

As for hamsters, I have never seen one. I dont know if theyre even permitted here. The entire state that I live in is flora and fauna protected. Nothing new comes in.

PS What is the difference between a hamster and a guinea pig?

Thanks. Hamsters are the skinny ones?

My sister has mice in a complicated tube house thingie. The mouse house takes over about a quarter of her dining room. Theyre little black mice. Very cute.

ewen said:

Rodents will also end up with your cold if your are ill. No one handles the rat if they are ill. They can develop pneumonia easily if they catch your cold.

a hamster is small, like the size of a mouse, but a little more chubby and they generally have shortish hair, longer than a mouse but still short. A guinea pig is bigger, think the size of a small bunny with longer hair.

Ladies and gents....the Bono Ham....

18kp44

"A mole, er hamster, digging in a hole...."

I thought livluv had guinnea pigs, not hamsters.

My neighbor has rats. She absolutely loves them. I was totally freaked out about them until she went on vacation for a couple weeks and I had to give them meds and feed them n stuff. They're not all that bad :yikes:

Back
Top Bottom