About Digital Cameras...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
MissVelvetDress_75 said:
I need to learn how to use this new digital camera better. I took it to take photos of my niece tonight during her Christmas performance at her school. I had a lot of fuzzy pics and red eyes. :der: :huh: I used all sorts of different settings but I am not sure which one was the best to use because the quality came out different in all of the settings I was using.

It's really tricky to take pics indoors without ample lighting. If it's fuzzy, you need to use a flash to speed up the shutter. However, you don't want to use a flash if the subjects are too far away. As far as red eyes, there should be a flash setting to eliminate them. On the Canon, it should be an eye.

The best thing is to get up close to your subjects and use a flash with red eye reducer. If it's bright enough indoors, take the flash off and hope not to shake the camera too much. Hope that helps.

okay...i've told my friends to forget the digital camera. :lmao:
they're doing a all-day-at-the-spa gift certificate for me. :drool:

with all the advice you guys have given me...i've taken up shopping around, researching, etc etc on digital cameras...so i'm not totally sure of which one to get...because i think i want something with a few more bells and whistles and all that shite.

reason for this....i know i would probably want to upgrade and all that blarney in the future...so might as well spend a bit more on it now instead of ending up with 2 of them later.

the higher up canons and nikons are lookin pretty fookin good right now. :drool:

I haven't read every page but I am willing to bet Canon cameras got a lot of votes from people.

Canon makes good cameras, my father has a 4.0 megapixel Canon S40 Powershot I believe and it takes gorgeous pictures. I could not believe it, some of the pictures he took with it rival 35mm pictures, or even SLR pictures.

So yeah, get a Canon!

I have a Fuji Finepix 3.2 megapixel camera that I got for 150 dollars at Best Buy and I had to buy a 128 MB XD card for it.

Ugh. I dislike the XD cards, they're tiny, EXPENSIVE and I've had 4 read card errors with mine resulting in the loss of every picture I had taken on it. That REALLY annoyed me.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
This reminds me.... How good are cards good for?

I keep deleting the pics off the card I've had since I got mine, but that's almost two years now. Is there a limit on how long I can use them? :der:

I still have my old Fuji camera that I got back in October of 2000! and I used it up until 3 months ago and I've had the same card the entire time. So uh, cards last a while I guess.

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
I have a question about the flash cards for digital cameras. Are they all the same or is one better than another?

Do you mean what brands are good?

I've always used Lexar, and I like them a lot, but I think Sandisk is excellent too.

woooo!

:hyper: I'm now a proud owner of the Canon A85! :hyper:

i took one gander at it out of the box, and well...for something that is supposed to be so easy to use has A LOT of fookin buttons. :der:

back into the box it went!

don't worry, i'm keeping it...i'm just gonna take my time figuring out how to use it.

Iris...when you got your A75, did you automatically now how to use it w/o referring to the manual?

i hate manuals :yell:

when i do (guessing within the next couple of days),i will post the first shot of my ugly mug and post it here lol. :wink:

oh and yah, david...a question to ask of you:

(and no, don't worry...won't ask of you to take a pic of your wang unlike SOME ppl around here lol)

what size card are you referring to? are you actually keeping pics or are you deleting them alot....same card from the year 2000 sounds wow to me. Seriously, what size card is that?

I'm asking this because tomorrow I'm going out to get an extra card as per the instructions of everyone here. If you could help, that would be awesome :D

wait...i just looked at an earlier post of yours...are you referring to this XD card that has lasted since 2000 on your Fuji?

:der:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
Yay for your new cam, Autumn! :D

thanks sweetie :hug:

btw...i posted that gorgeously stunning sunday afternoon pic of you in the "are interference women hot?" thread! :drool:

sorry April...I just couldn't resist :)

Re: woooo!

mmmBono said:
:hyper: I'm now a proud owner of the Canon A85! :hyper:

i took one gander at it out of the box, and well...for something that is supposed to be so easy to use has A LOT of fookin buttons. :der:

back into the box it went!

don't worry, i'm keeping it...i'm just gonna take my time figuring out how to use it.

Iris...when you got your A75, did you automatically now how to use it w/o referring to the manual?

i hate manuals :yell:

when i do (guessing within the next couple of days),i will post the first shot of my ugly mug and post it here lol. :wink:

oh and yah, david...a question to ask of you:

(and no, don't worry...won't ask of you to take a pic of your wang unlike SOME ppl around here lol)

what size card are you referring to? are you actually keeping pics or are you deleting them alot....same card from the year 2000 sounds wow to me. Seriously, what size card is that?

I'm asking this because tomorrow I'm going out to get an extra card as per the instructions of everyone here. If you could help, that would be awesome :D

sweet. now show us some pics! :angry:

and I looked the manual after I started shooting pics. :sexywink:

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
yeah brands and the like. Is there something specific I should look for when buying one? Does one brand hold more images than another?

No, as long as you look at ones that have the same available storage space, they're the same. A 1 Gb is a 1 Gb no matter what brand you buy.

I really like Lexar, they are generally slightly more expensive than Sandisk, but those are the main two brands. Among them, you'll find ultra fast versions and so on, but unless you have a high end digital SLR, this is pretty meaningless and no use in you spending money on it.

Back
Top Bottom