About Coldplay's next album...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm listening to it right now so I can put it into more specific words...

I HATE the intro so much. The wordplay is awful. I LOVE everything from about a minute on (that's a lot of garbage to wade through first) up to the chorus, which is really pretty, but the lyrics are atrocious. So yeah, I stick with :| .

I am sorry to break up the hate-fest, but isn't Sleeping Sun great?

:hug:

I just wanted to try to bring something positive to the table.

inmyplace13 said:

I just wanted to try to bring something positive to the table.

If you wanted to do that, you should have brought up something that is in no way affiliated with X&Y.

How about talking about how great Parachutes is? :drool:

Here's a question I'd like to throw out:

Does anyone here think Coldplay is good enough of a band to make an album as strong as Joshua Tree or War? I don't think any of the Coldplay = future U2 comments are worth their salt until Coldplay does. They definitely are capable of making very good albums with strong singles, but right now, that's as far as I can see them going. Perhaps Eno will push them a step further. :hmm:

elevated_u2_fan said:
inmyplace, where did you get those live tracks from? Was this an official release?
In The Netherlands

A special three part single was released over three weeks in December featuring live tracks recorded at the Gelredome in 2005.

* CD1 (digipak) 3490932 released 2 December 2005

1. "Talk" (radio edit)
2. "Swallowed In the Sea" (live)
3. "God Put A Smile Upon Your Face" (live)

* CD2 3490962 released 9 December 2005

1. "Talk" (album version)
2. "Square One" (live)
3. "Clocks" (live)

* CD3 3490972 released 16 December 2005

1. "Talk" (live)
2. "'Til Kingdom Come" (live)
3. "Fix You" (live)

^Lucky bastards... :drool:

LemonMelon said:
Here's a question I'd like to throw out:

Does anyone here think Coldplay is good enough of a band to make an album as strong as Joshua Tree or War? I don't think any of the Coldplay = future U2 comments are worth their salt until Coldplay does. They definitely are capable of making very good albums with strong singles, but right now, that's as far as I can see them going. Perhaps Eno will push them a step further. :hmm:

Possibly, I'm going to play Devil's Advocate (TM) here and state that Rush Of Blood was an excellent album, I might even put it "near" the same level as JT.

*ducks and covers*

elevated_u2_fan said:
^Lucky bastards... :drool:

Possibly, I'm going to play Devil's Advocate (TM) here and state that Rush Of Blood was an excellent album, I might even put it "near" the same level as JT.

*ducks and covers*

a rush of blood is a masterpiece :drool: :drool:

elevated_u2_fan said:
I don't even think Bono is capable of writing that... :tsk:

The air is heavy, heavy as a truck >> and ignite your bones

ignite your bones>>>>>>>>>Freedom has a scent Like the top of a new born baby's head..

add "intellectual tortoise" :|

as well

elevated_u2_fan said:

I like "intellectual tortoise", as long as you don't pronounce it correctly, it's kinda catchy...

ahh, who am I kidding? that is a lame line :slant:

:lol:

and there are many more on HTDAAB...:wink:

find them all and you win a prize!!

Amsterdam is a great song, it's in my Coldplay Top 5:

1. Don't Panic
2. Politik
3. Amsterdam
4. 'Til Kingdom Come
5. Warning Sign

I guess I'll ask this question here:wink:

does anyone know what the video for God put a smile upon your face....is about?

I'll have to answer your question with another question: how many ambodigitals do you see modeling right now?

LemonMacPhisto said:
I'll have to answer your question with another question: how many ambodigitals do you see modeling right now?

you and your move references

that's why I love ya :wink:

I think I'm beginning to like Coldplay again, what have you all done to me?

The World Turned Upside Down puts a smile on my face. What the fuck are you guys doing to me?

LemonMacPhisto said:
I think I'm beginning to like Coldplay again, what have you all done to me?

The World Turned Upside Down puts a smile on my face. What the fuck are you guys doing to me?

srsly I fucking hate this:|

the amount of bashing coldplay get is retarded

they're a great band! and yes you are allowed to like them

xaviMF22 said:

srsly I fucking hate this:|

the amount of bashing coldplay get is retarded

they're a great band! and yes you are allowed to like them

I dig Parachutes and Rush of Blood alot, Xavi, you know that :wink:

I just hate on X&Y because it was one of the biggest musical disappointments of my life.

It's a love/hate relationship really.

xaviMF22 said:

a rush of blood is a masterpiece :drool: :drool:

No, it's not. It's just good. :happy: Nobody's going to care about it 10-15 years down the road, especially if Coldplay keeps making more X&Y's. They deserve to be bashed because one of their records happens to be awful and they've only made three. :lol:

Coldplay have just about more to prove right now than any other band on the planet. They became arguably the biggest band around with the release of an absolutely shit album. Judgment Day is seriously fucking nigh.

Back
Top Bottom