About Coldplay's next album...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm just curious to see what the new sound will be like. An interview not too long after X&Y had Martin saying that the band knew it was time to move past the falsetto & piano routine. Since that's pretty much their shtick, it's a little exciting to guess at what they'll be doing this time around. For a band with only three albums, you can't deny that there's at least potential for some really great stuff ahead.

Utoo said:
I'm just curious to see what the new sound will be like. An interview not too long after X&Y had Martin saying that the band knew it was time to move past the falsetto & piano routine. Since that's pretty much their shtick, it's a little exciting to guess at what they'll be doing this time around. For a band with only three albums, you can't deny that there's at least potential for some really great stuff ahead.

I really hope they go in this direction. I think it's time for something new. And they definitely do have the potential for it. I am so looking forward to it..:wink:

Could it be woOoOoOoOoOoOorse?

U2isthebest said:

:ohmy: I've never heard those B-sides. How did that happen?:scratch: I don't suppose anyone could send them to jesusgirl06@yahoo.com ?:flirt:

Here are the b-sides that are worth listening to:

Sleeping Sun
Gravity
How You See the World, Version 2
Things I Don't Understand

Mix that with the songs that aren't that bad:

White Shadows
Low
Square One
Talk
Speed of Sound

and the best track:

'Til Kingdom Come

and you have a really solid album :up:

And thank you for complimenting my AV, I really dig it too :happy:

Things I Don't Understand is better than most songs on the album. It should have been there...

Here's my X&Y:

I've tried to make a salvageable album out of Coldplay's disastrous X&Y by taking out horrible songs, leaving in decent/good ones, and adding b-sides:

1. Square One (decent opener)
2. Talk (the best rock song on the album has a riff from another song)
3. White Shadows (good song atleast)
4. Gravity (Yes, this is the same song by Embrace. It was originally written by Chris Martin and it actually kind of good)
5. How You See the World (Ver. 2) (This charity single is better than most songs on the album. At least they gave the Third World non-crappy songs)
6. Low (Hey! We can sound like mid-'80s U2, too!)
7. Sleeping Sun (great b-side that tries to recapture the magic of Parachutes while still being a little progressive. Well, progressive to Coldplay.)
8. Speed of Sound (Clocks, Pt. 2 but still enjoyable.)
9. Things I Don't Understand (another b-side that's better than most of the album.)
10. Swallowed in the Sea (Chris Martin proves he knows how to rhyme in this sort of decent filler track. Album's worst lyric nominee "I could write a song 1000 miles long." Please don't.)
11. A Message (A decent, bland love song to his decent, bland wife Gwenyth Paltrow. The music picks up, but I can't buy into it because of the shittiness of Martin.
12. 'Til Kingdom Come (the only great song on the album, and it was a bonus track)

LemonMacPhisto said:
Here's my X&Y:

I've tried to make a salvageable album out of Coldplay's disastrous X&Y by taking out horrible songs, leaving in decent/good ones, and adding b-sides:

1. Square One (decent opener)
2. Talk (the best rock song on the album has a riff from another song)
3. White Shadows (good song atleast)
4. Gravity (Yes, this is the same song by Embrace. It was originally written by Chris Martin and it actually kind of good)
5. How You See the World (Ver. 2) (This charity single is better than most songs on the album. At least they gave the Third World non-crappy songs)
6. Low (Hey! We can sound like mid-'80s U2, too!)
7. Sleeping Sun (great b-side that tries to recapture the magic of Parachutes while still being a little progressive. Well, progressive to Coldplay.)
8. Speed of Sound (Clocks, Pt. 2 but still enjoyable.)
9. Things I Don't Understand (another b-side that's better than most of the album.)
10. Swallowed in the Sea (Chris Martin proves he knows how to rhyme in this sort of decent filler track. Album's worst lyric nominee "I could write a song 1000 miles long." Please don't.)
11. A Message (A decent, bland love song to his decent, bland wife Gwenyth Paltrow. The music picks up, but I can't buy into it because of the shittiness of Martin.
12. 'Til Kingdom Come (the only great song on the album, and it was a bonus track)

it still sucks

a message and swallowed in the sea....:down:

and needs the title track...:der:

A Message really isn't that bad, the 2nd half of the song is very good.

Swallowed in the Sea is filler. I like it better than the title track, which is really is musical euthanasia is U2istheBest put it :wink:

LemonMacPhisto said:
A Message really isn't that bad, the 2nd half of the song is very good.

Swallowed in the Sea is filler. I like it better than the title track, which is really is musical euthanasia is U2istheBest put it :wink:

the title track is like the best thing ever....

not too many bad lyrics....and musically is :drool:

reminds me of pyramid song :grumpy:

I'm not that big of a fan of Pyramid Song anyway. Maybe it's because I had such a low-res version of it.

LemonMacPhisto said:
I'm not that big of a fan of Pyramid Song anyway. Maybe it's because I had such a low-res version of it.

I doubt that at this time, Coldplay could ever make such a complex song (for a band like these) like "Pyramid song" This song blows many of Coldplay's tunes...

Twisted Logic blows. I don't like anything about that song, it's the definition of "meh"

Here's the X&Y I've been running with for quite some time:

1. Square One
2. How You See The World No.2
3. Talk (Original Demo Version)
4. Til Kingdom Come
5. White Shadows
6. A Message
7. Sleeping Sun
8. Pour Me
9. Proof
10. Low
11. Twisted Logic
12. Gravity

Since the title track is missing, we'll just call it "Sleeping Sun."

Other than that, I don't have anything to add to this thread that I haven't said in previous LP4 threads. This is the pivotal album of their career and the one that will have them fade into nothing if it is more by-the-numbers Coldplay. Hopefully these early rumblings of experimentation and a new, edgier sound are true. I'm officially hyped for the album.

LemonMelon said:

:tsk: WORST. GUITAR SOLO. EVER.

What kills Fix You is definitely the lyrics. That, and it takes 3 minutes for it to go anywhere at all. By then, my face looks like this :mad: and it's not even worth waiting for something that could be better experienced in almost any U2 song. It's just a terrible song, just like Stuck is terrible. (Though I'd take Stuck, given a choice)

I'm listening to fix you at the moment...and it isn't so bad:reject:

it's the buildup that ruins the song :mad:

xaviMF22 said:

I'm listening to fix you at the moment...and it isn't so bad:reject:

it's the buildup that ruins the song :mad:

I think I'm just tired of it now. I never liked the intro, but now it's just one big :yuck: for me.

What If is underrated. That song has a great climax.

i can't listen to What If because of an ex-girlfriend connection, but it's probably not that bad.

LemonMacPhisto said:
i can't listen to What If because of an ex-girlfriend connection, but it's probably not that bad.

Sorry to hear that. I hate it when albums are ruined because of memories attached to them.

Glad you picked X&Y for that though. You could have picked a really good record instead. :wink:

Square One--->What If--->White Shadows :up:

If the whole album was that good, there wouldn't have been much bashing to speak of.

LemonMelon said:

Sorry to hear that. I hate it when albums are ruined because of memories attached to them.

Glad you picked X&Y for that though. You could have picked a really good record instead. :wink:

Yeah, thankfully.

I call Summer '05 the Summer of Disappointment.

And this summer is gonna be the Summer of George!

LemonMelon said:
Square One--->What If--->White Shadows :up:

If the whole album was that good, there wouldn't have been much bashing to speak of.

not a bif fan of square one...but :up:

politik...now thats an opener :drool:

Last edited:
I have both Parachutes and Rush but only 4 songs from X&Y. White Shadows, Fix You, Talk and X&Y. Out of those I like WS and X&Y. How much more of this album is good? Other than the Clocks mirror image Speed Of Sound. :wink:

Zootlesque said:
I have both Parachutes and Rush but only 4 songs from X&Y. White Shadows, Fix You, Talk and X&Y. Out of those I like WS and X&Y. How much more of this album is good? Other than the Clocks mirror image Speed Of Sound. :wink:

yea X&Y[title track] is awesome:drool:

"low" and "til kingdom come" are also good...:up:

get those :wink:

Zootlesque said:

yes, definitely Low and Kingdom Come. A Message is not that bad.

Definitely check out b-sides Sleeping Sun (Parachutes-esque) and Gravity (the best piano ballad since Everything's Not Lost)

LemonMacPhisto said:
Definitely check out b-sides Sleeping Sun (Parachutes-esque) and Gravity (the best piano ballad since Everything's Not Lost)

Oh yeah! I have both of those plus a bunch of other b-sides that I think imp13 once sent me. :hug: I like their b-sides, sometimes more than the a-sides. :drool:

Thanks for the recs, guys! :rockon:

Zootlesque said:

Oh yeah! I have both of those plus a bunch of other b-sides that I think imp13 once sent me. :hug:

That's what I'm here for.
smielephantin7.gif

Back
Top Bottom