Abba appreciation thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Popmartijn

Blue Crack Supplier
Often disregarded as fluffy pop writers, their genius cannot be denied anymore. They may have written pop songs, but what pop songs they were! B&B had an impeccable ear for melody, the melody that gets stuck in your head after the first listen and then never leaves. And you don't mind, as those melodies are wonderful.

Dancing Queen
Mamma Mia
Gimme, Gimme, Gimme
S.O.S.
The Winner Takes It All
Voulez-Vous
Waterloo
Does Your Mother Know
Money, Money, Money
Super Trouper
need I go on? :sexywink:

So I do as U2 did in 1992 and salute the Dancing Kings and Queens. :bow:

Abba, this stage is your platform shoe.

:dance:

Marty (did see Mamma Mia! this evening and enjoyed every minute of it)

Finally, others who appreciate ABBA :D

I grew up listening to them and have always loved them. They created wonderful pop music that I still listen to now :up:

I loved ABBA as a kid in the 70's and still do. I play them in the car a lot when I'm alone. They are peppy and make the miles go faster. They make me feel good.

I'd been meaning to get Abba Gold for a long time and finally got it a couple of weeks back. I know that there is a better 2 disc set out there that includes the beautiful Eagle (how they left that one off Gold is beyond me) but I figured 19 songs is enough to send me back on a nostalgia trip.

Wonder how long it'll take Ewen to find this thread... :hmm:

I've loved ABBA since I was a young teenager. And, in fact, I took my mom to see Mamma Mia for her birthday a few months ago, and we both really loved it! :)

Back
Top Bottom