A rough acoustic cover of "One"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thurco

The Fly
Some friends were hanging out at my house and asked if I'd play "One" for them on the acoustic guitar. It was just for fun, but it didn't sound half bad (some might say it's all bad :lol:) so I made a very quick unpolished recording of it on my computer.

If anyone's interested in hearing it, you can download the MP3:
http://www.randommusic.com/test/sethk-u2one.mp3

I hope you like it, and if you don't, then I apologize and hope it wasn't too painful. :p

Thanks!

That's actually pretty darn good for a rough cut. You've got a good voice, and I'm always for people adding piano parts to songs. :up:

this version reminds me of the one REM covered you sound like him, good job sounds great.
i also have covered alot of u2 songs (but cant put them online)
maby some day.
but my version of one esp the part where bono say (you say love is a temple etc) i go all out loud and raspy voice. and at the end i go like (aaaaahhhhahhhhhhahhh) your's ooooohoohooo sounds good too.
i would like to hear some more covers.
:yes:

yeah man, nice.

where in new jersey are you from?

Thanks a lot, I'm glad you all liked it. Maybe if I get time I'll have to do a proper recording of it. :) Shaun Vox- now that I think about it, it does sound a little like the REM cover you're speaking of. JOFO- I'm from Metuchen.

Take care everyone...

If you record a polished up version, I vote to add the "do you hear me coming Lord..." verses onto the end. :up: To be honest I was half expecting you to sing them at the end of this cut. :) It would make it stand out a little more, too.

Wow that sounds GREAT! I love your voice! :D
That's the rough version? :| Bloody hell, I'm all for hearing a perfect version then! :lol:
The recording quality's great too! I wish I could've got that kinda quality out of my (now broken) mic :yes:

:yes:

Very nice. Love the piano addition, and it's interesting how you did the "did I ask too much..." and "love is the higher law" parts.

your cover was pretty impressive, but Overcome is even better!

Originally posted by thurco
Hi Christine, I posted my most recent recording for you. :)

:lol: :sexywink: :wave:

I like it!!!!! You have a great voice :drool:

teenie.. I live in Redwood City ;)

The compliments really do mean a lot... :ohmy: :heart: Save for my friends, no one's heard any of my songs (until now). So, this is interesting...

Haha teenie, we should talk- :lol: although it's really sweet that you liked the song enough to share it. It's cool.

You're welcome Seth...got anymore?

Hey Sicy! Is your name Christine too?
Next time U2 comes to the bay area all of us should hookup outside the Stadium/Arena (I'm sure youre one of the GA ticket holders who like to be upfront at the stage too)

-Christine L.:yes:

Last edited:
I have to say that this has been pretty inspiring, as soon as I get some time I'm going to record my other songs. There are a few other original songs I've recorded, although they were done months ago and the recording quality isn't as good as I'd like. Let me know if you want to hear more original music and maybe I'll build website or at least let you hear some other material. :)

teenie said:
Hey Sicy! Is your name Christine too?
Next time U2 comes to the bay area all of us should hookup outside the Stadium/Arena (I'm sure youre one of the GA ticket holders who like to be upfront at the stage too)

-Christine L.:yes:

Aww and I thought it was a special treat for me :lol:

- Christine V. :wink: :laugh:

Yes thurco, please post more songs!!
boldblue.gif

Back
Top Bottom