A question for Palace hero

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Aardvark747 said:

Boystupidboy takes the piss out of me for my love of moor-walking....:sad:

Moor walking is the best. I spent some time on the Pennine Way last summer and loved it.

As an immigrant (yank married to a brit), I'd say that this country has a wonderful history and much to be proud of. Roast dinner and british ale cannot be beaten. You just need to sort out the transport (more/better trains and some decent cycle lanes that don't leave me having near-death experiences when I try to cycle somewhere) and to do something about all of these little drunken punks running around vandalising things, happy slapping people and just making a general nuisance of themselves. Then you'd have a near-perfect country!

That's just my humble opinion anyway.

Palace_Hero said:
but it is racist for a white man to weat a St. George's Cross on his sleeve and make any anti-ethnic remark.

In recent years I've started to feel very strongly against minorities and think some Britishness needs to be restored, pride in the country.

You make an "anti-ethnic remark" and expect not to be called a racist? You're honestly suprised to be regarded as a racist when you profess to be "very strongly against minorities"?

FizzingWhizzbees said:

You make an "anti-ethnic remark" and expect not to be called a racist? You're honestly suprised to be regarded as a racist when you profess to be "very strongly against minorities"?

By anti-ethnic I mean something along the lines of 'asylum seekers are ruining Britiain' etc..

When I say I feel strongly against minorities, I mean the the sorts that live in Britain or anywhere else for that matter and disrespect the land they live in and the people that support them.

And no, it isn't ironic that I might want to live in the UK and yet live in Australia, because I still love my adopted home and appreciate all its done for me.

I realise my comments were broad and could be interpreted alot of ways but by no means am I a racist, quite the opposite.

Back
Top Bottom