a poll for fruits

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

apples or grapes?

• Apples (any kind)

Votes: 8 25.8%
  • Grapes (red or green or purple)

Votes: 23 74.2%

• Total voters
I prefer my grapes squashed, oak barreled for a year or three and then bottled with a nice fashionable label reading 12% alcohol by volume.... A very expensive Cabernet or a deep Zinfendel suits me fine!!!

apples(anykind) grapes( any kind, even fermented)oranges mandarins, melons(anykind) mangoes peaches necatrines lychees pineapples bananas pears japoticabas strawberries blueberries just berries guavas

don't get me started on fruit :D :drool:..I do have fruit stories you know :eyebrow:..why just yesterday I picked and ate my first ever sapote:hmm:
and my dad's grapes on Christmas Day...that's another story:D

grapes are in season here in summer
apples are more late winter, they are both the best when they are in their season.Cold-stored apples they sell here through summer can be awful. But a good crisp say"pink lady" or a damn good "jonathon" apple...just divine.

I despiseth grapes, mostly becuse I have not-so-affectionately named some of the family 'The Grapes'. Though good as a wine, apples must win. What other fruit cleans your teeth as well?

And yeah, quality poll bassT!!
:drool:

grapes!

bonosloveslave said:
This could be possibly the lamest poll ever.

Ever ever. :|

I doubt it. [/comment the could probably get me in trouble]

but yes, with Bassy's name on it...it has all the potential in the world.

Mr. BAW said:
I prefer my grapes squashed, oak barreled for a year or three and then bottled with a nice fashionable label reading 12% alcohol by volume.... A very expensive Cabernet or a deep Zinfendel suits me fine!!!

I like Jug wine.............:lmao:

I love navel oranges.......from california, they seem better than ones from florida

Last edited:
**cass pulls up a chair**...oh, I'm already sitting on a chair

Last year I got a new grape trellis as a Mother's Day present. It is 180 degrees opposite the one I had, so it involved some radical surgery on the two vines I have. They handled it, I'm pleased to say and on Sunday we realised the first grapes are ripe.
Hub went to have some yesterday and called me over to look. A green tree snake was wending his way through the vines. For just a fleeting moment I thought of Adam...no not that one, the other one.
Adam and Evel:angel::mac:
Anyway, grapes are on!! I've grown them from a cutting from my dad's vine. It's a local variety brought here and bred for local conditions by the Italian shipwreck settlers. An area called New Italy is not far from where I live. They knew a thing or two about the grappa.

As Mr Baw said if I'm gonna eat grapes then they better be the liquified version :drool:
If I am going to eat an apple than it has to be like Sicy likes them, with caramel on them....
I prefer summer fruits than both of the fruits above!

Back
Top Bottom