A Moment of Randooomdadoooooooooom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Allow myself to quote . . . myself :reject:

^ That sounds fun. When is it on? :)

I was referring to the Brian Boitano cooking show, not Favre. That's what happens when I step away from the computer after I type but before I hit send - oops.

I have places to go today and lots to do around the house so I'm sure by the time I'm done with all of my errands and chores there will be a #4 Purple jersey on the tv. Can't wait to get mine! :up:

:|

Actually, it was a red jersery, I just saw it on ESPN *ducks*

I guess he really didn't want to get hit today.

My grandmother fell in July at her condo (she's been falling a lot in the last few years but refuses to go into an assisted living facility). Anyway, she's been in a rehab (physical rehab :) ) place ever since. She's not exactly been herself. She doesn't have that sparkling a personality anyway but perhaps the pain medications have made her worse - a lot of unreasonable paranoia and confusion.

So today she was especially combative and the rehab place called the police :huh:. The police I guess took her to a hospital (I don't know the whole story yet, my mom and dad are still out dealing with everything).

But still - wouldn't a rehab place be used to dealing with combative elderly patients w/o calling the police? My grandmother is 82 and has horrible balance. Was she throwing things? I guess I'll find out.

What is it with seniors and the police lately? :lol:

:tsk: I just went to Vikings.com. I'd say it's time to insert hysterical Money Pit laugh right about now......

number412.jpg

number41.jpg

number4.jpg

oh...and yes....I will be purchasing the tee at the bottom left of the last pic. I said months ago if he signed I'd buy his jersey but I think I'm more of a tee shirt kind of girl than an actual jersey. I have to support my QB!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

Allow myself to quote . . . myself :reject:

I was referring to the Brian Boitano cooking show, not Favre. That's what happens when I step away from the computer after I type but before I hit send - oops.

Actually, it was a red jersery, I just saw it on ESPN *ducks*

I guess he really didn't want to get hit today.

My grandmother fell in July at her condo (she's been falling a lot in the last few years but refuses to go into an assisted living facility). Anyway, she's been in a rehab (physical rehab :) ) place ever since. She's not exactly been herself. She doesn't have that sparkling a personality anyway but perhaps the pain medications have made her worse - a lot of unreasonable paranoia and confusion.

So today she was especially combative and the rehab place called the police :huh:. The police I guess took her to a hospital (I don't know the whole story yet, my mom and dad are still out dealing with everything).

But still - wouldn't a rehab place be used to dealing with combative elderly patients w/o calling the police? My grandmother is 82 and has horrible balance. Was she throwing things? I guess I'll find out.

What is it with seniors and the police lately? :lol:

:yikes: I hope she'll be back to normal soon.

and yes....he was wearing a red practice jersey but he held up a big PURPLE #4 at the press conference. :flirt:

oh yay...guess I should have waited a few minutes. She said the ticket price was fine but she just needs to double check to make sure she's off that night but she's almost positive she is.

:hyper:

After last Sat night I must see them again! :drool::drool::drool: I'm going to upload my pix soon. :love:

:tsk: I just went to Vikings.com. I'd say it's time to insert hysterical Money Pit laugh right about now......

number412.jpg

number41.jpg

number4.jpg

I thought of you when I heard this today! I can't believe it...but I sort of can, if that makes any sense. I wish he would retire gracefully and not go out as a joke, but it might be too late for that.

Kelly-
What Would Brian Bointano Make? starts Sunday afternoon, but I'm sure Food Network will have it on all week.

My grandmother was a faller too! Then she would go to a rehab center and they would kick her out for being too mean. Sounds like she might have gotten along with your grandmother!

Kelly-
What Would Brian Bointano Make? starts Sunday afternoon, but I'm sure Food Network will have it on all week.

My grandmother was a faller too! Then she would go to a rehab center and they would kick her out for being too mean. Sounds like she might have gotten along with your grandmother!

I shared this with my mom and it made her laugh :hug:

I'm so goofed up on when to go to bed and when to set my alarm. I had to leave at 4:30 for the bakery then it changed to 6:30 for the hotel. Now the hotel wants me there at 6 instead of 7 so I have to leave by 5:30. I'm still not used to waking up with an alarm period so the last few weeks have been weird. I hope they decide soon if they want me there at 6 or at 7. It's so early that either one doesn't matter. I just need to have a set time so I don't have to keep changing my three alarms. :reject: Yes, THREE. :der: :reject:

Oh wow re. your sisters former place of employment.........guess the layoffs and cutbacks didn't help. Hope she finds something soon

kelly :yikes: Time to change the meds for grandma

May have to catch this Brian Boitano thing :hmm:

I am looking forward to seeing Jens Gaelic Storm pics..she was showing some of them to me as she took them.............they looked nice on her screen.

I also think my camera has a tough time with the Miller Stage lighting in the first place........the extra lighting they used for filming didn't help

The family of the guy that beat the Mayor of Milw., just make me cringe........:crack:
ETA after watching news conference:
Mayor Barrett is da man :up: and his niece Molly :rockon:

I love the fact that he never presented himself as Mayor during the attack and his niece when she called 911 never said anything about her uncle being Mayor, just "my uncle"....................just average everyday people, not anymore important than anyone else. They absolutely did the right thing.

no...it hasn't soaked in yet that the enemy is now my fearless leader. :crazy: Never in my wildest dreams would I ever think I would be cheering on Brett Favre. But now it seems like everyone in town is on Favre fever....oh excuse Favre Fevre, as the paper put it this morning. :rolleyes:

My dad already had a mouthful about him when I walked in the door just now. I told him he's our guy now so we need to support him, even if we go 0-16. My dad doesn't agree but he also is always on the negative side of supporting our teams claiming they all "stink" every year even if they get to the playoffs.

Brett Favre...Minnesota Viking. WOW.....this is going to take some time. I wonder how long it will be until I can go to the store and buy my new purple Vikings tee with Favre #4 of the back :hmm: I'm gonna wear it loud and proud :happy:

it's pouring bucket here right now, tornados have touched down, the sirens are going off.... Guess I'm not meeting my friend for a walk around the lake tonight! I've really slacked off since I started working which disappoints me so because this is what I dreamed about all last summer in the desert. There's only about a month left of good walking season before the lake starts to get too chilly to walk around :( My mom called to see if I was home because she heard all the stop lights were out downtown. :crazy: I must have just gotten out of there before that happened. It was awful when I got outside and I had a block to run across until I got to where I parked the car. I was soaked! :scream:

and with that I think it's a perfect day to curl up on the couch with little Lily and take a nap :yawn:

a little humor in the whole Minneapolis Tornado from Twitter. A take off of "is Bono ok"
DavidKaplanMN No one seems to be asking the most important tornado-related question, so I will...is Farve ok????? Did he re-retire??

Hope things are ok by you and your friends, arw.

You got tornadoes I got followed by a creep at the grocery store..................he literally searched me out in every aisle I went to :crack: VERY happy to have finished shopping and scooted out with him seeing me as I left with mom.

You got tornadoes I got followed by a creep at the grocery store..................he literally searched me out in every aisle I went to :crack: VERY happy to have finished shopping and scooted out with him seeing me as I left with mom.

OMG...I wouldn't want to go back to that store anytime soon :tsk: At least you weren't alone.

^ :yikes:

:lol: at "is Favre okay?"

Grandma is reportedly doing better today. Not belligerent, just thinks she's in a hotel.

good news....that's kind of cute she thinks she's at a hotel. I wish it were that easy with my grandpa. He thinks he's been sent to hell by having to live in a nursing home. He's 94, can hardly walk, see, or hear but he thinks he's perfectly fine to live on his own still. :sigh: He keeps telling my mom not to sell certain items in the house because he might need it some day. Poor guy. Little does he know the house is virtually empty now. He knows about the sale last week but I don't think he realizes, or wants to accept the fact, that this is final and he's not going home.

Anyways...glad your grandma isn't being violent today.

Back
Top Bottom