A Man And A Testje

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't do any excercise today, but I was out last night and danced a lot (and came home and had a jaffa cake (it's a small biscuit on a sponge base, I don't know if they have them in America.) and a cereal bar but I was ravenous :reject:

I also didn't have anything alcoholic to drink, just water and diet coke all night :up:

I also had a really nice dinner, steak with noodles and a veg stir fry. :drool: My sister didn't like her veg so I ate all hers as well :laugh:

Lots of supermarkets here do biscuits like them and Lidl (a german food store that has a few stores here) has an odd German version of them in a really colourful box.

jaffa.jpg

Last edited:
:wave:

Veggie stir fry. :drool: If I'm ever in Ireland we will have to meet up for lunch, LM. :)

I remembered my password :der: so I'm done being incognito for now, lol. :wave: 4 years here, you'd think I would know my password like the back of my carpel-tunnelled hands. :laugh:

I just spilled a hunk of jello on my mom's keyboard. :uhoh:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
:wave:

Veggie stir fry. :drool: If I'm ever in Ireland we will have to meet up for lunch, LM. :)

I remembered my password :der: so I'm done being incognito for now, lol. :wave: 4 years here, you'd think I would know my password like the back of my carpel-tunnelled hands. :laugh:

I just spilled a hunk of jello on my mom's keyboard. :uhoh:

you forgot your password?

That would be cool, April. :D
I won't be here from this Sept until next July/ August though unless I fail my exams and have to stay back in uni a year :slant:

I had a really hard time understanding what a peanut butter and jelly sandwich was because here jelly is what you call jello, I think. An American was trying to explain what they were to me, I couldn't understand why someone wuold put something you eat for dessert with peanut butter. :lol: :reject:

I did discover though that jelly in America is what we call jam. :up:

I think I could survive in America, my friend who lived in America for 10 years says 'sneakers' and 'sidewalk' and 'high school', he has taught me well incase I ever want to go. I am paranoid though that when I leave Belfast people can't understand my accent, when I was in Dublin after Christmas I had to get my sister to talk for me in 2 different shops because the workers (who were Spanish/ Chinese) couldn't understand me. :ohmy:

Lara Mullen said:
That would be cool, April. :D
I won't be here from this Sept until next July/ August though unless I fail my exams and have to stay back in uni a year :slant:

I had a really hard time understanding what a peanut butter and jelly sandwich was because here jelly is what you call jello, I think. An American was trying to explain what they were to me, I couldn't understand why someone wuold put something you eat for dessert with peanut butter. :lol: :reject:

I'd love to make it there before I die, so hopefully this means I've got plenty of time to save up! :) I'm sure you'll do great on your exams. :hug:

Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches are soooo good. :drool: I usually make mine with preserves, though, I'm not big on jelly. Those jaffas looks tasty, too. :yes:

Lara Mullen said:
I did discover though that jelly in America is what we call jam. :up:

I think I could survive in America, my friend who lived in America for 10 years says 'sneakers' and 'sidewalk' and 'high school', he has taught me well incase I ever want to go. I am paranoid though that when I leave Belfast people can't understand my accent, when I was in Dublin after Christmas I had to get my sister to talk for me in 2 different shops because the workers (who were Spanish/ Chinese) couldn't understand me. :ohmy:

what do you call sidewalks?

we've got jam, too...jelly is the super-processed less-than-50%-fruit stuff. jam will have seeds if it's strawberry (unless it's seedless) or something like that.

I should send you over some jaffa cakes and british chocolate April. :yes: You are missing out. :up:

If you do come over, I can show you around. There was an American interferencer (tennispunk) here about a week ago and we met up a few times and went out, we went on a small pub crawl and then met up for Chinese food and one night after walking home from the pub (which we both had meals in) we stopped at a Chinese for curry chips. :lol:

I actually lost weight that week :hmm:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

I'd love to make it there before I die, so hopefully this means I've got plenty of time to save up! :) I'm sure you'll do great on your exams. :hug:

Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches are soooo good. :drool: I usually make mine with preserves, though, I'm not big on jelly. Those jaffas looks tasty, too. :yes:

preserves...that's the other thing they're called....

i like jelly. it's more grape flavored stuff than actual food. :D peanut butter & jelly on squishy white bread :drool:

:wave: i'm going to watch football. i'll be back later, i've got absolutly nothing to do today.

Lara Mullen said:
Lots of supermarkets here do biscuits like them and Lidl (a german food store that has a few stores here) has an odd German version of them in a really colourful box.

jaffa.jpg
That looks like this.

p_pims_sinaasappel.gif

Popmartijn said:

Pavement?

*is trying to learn the American slang as he wants to see U2 in the USA this year*

:slant:

:hmm:

pavement usually means asphalt, like a road or something paved with tar and a steamroller. sidewalks are concrete slabs on the side of the pavement.

i guess you could have a paved sidewalk...and there are probably paved sidewalks around here that i'm not aware of...

:hmm:

IWasBored said:

what do you call sidewalks?

we've got jam, too...jelly is the super-processed less-than-50%-fruit stuff. jam will have seeds if it's strawberry (unless it's seedless) or something like that.

A footpath

And sneakers are trainers or some really belfast people call them "guttees"

Another word thats popular with the belfast folk is "geg" which means really funny

My Dad while watching Beauty and the Beast at Christmas: That beast is a geg!

He is also prone to saying guttees.

We all laugh at him. He also can't say orange he says "urrange" and a lot of Belfast folk call a towel a "tarrrrl" and a window a "windy"

My sister and I have slight country accents, I only get mine when I'm drunk, I say things like "baaries" for batterys and "key-arr" for car and frryy-daaays" for Fridays. :reject:

I get laughed at because I don't always pronounce my sisters name properly I call her "Hey-ar" (Heather)

Lara Mullen said:

My sister and I have slight country accents, I only get mine when I'm drunk, I say things like "baaries" for batterys and "key-arr" for car and frryy-daaays" for Fridays. :reject:

:laugh: I am looking forward to hear that

I won't be drunk in Amsterdam if that's what you mean Rono :D
If my friend heard that he would die laughing. :|

I hate it when I get behind on these things! :lol:

Preserves usually have seeds too, but it's so good. That's a good way to describe jelly, IWB, I just call it "glop", lol. :D

I should send you over some jaffa cakes and british chocolate April. You are missing out.

If you do come over, I can show you around. There was an American interferencer (tennispunk) here about a week ago and we met up a few times and went out, we went on a small pub crawl and then met up for Chinese food and one night after walking home from the pub (which we both had meals in) we stopped at a Chinese for curry chips.

I actually lost weight that week

Aw, that would be so nice of you, Lara! (I forget, it's actually Laura, right? See? :der: day, lol :reject: ). :)

Did you guys walk around a lot? When I was in NYC my mom and I ate like kings, but thanks to the fact that we walked everywhere (the woman would not take a cab to save her life) our pants still fit just as they did the day we left. :up:

Thanks to this thread I'm craving pb&j, even though I just had lunch. :shifty:

*stays strong*

:mad:

A lot of the time I go to the pub and only drink water/ diet coke. :up:

Last night we met some real weirdos outside the club we were at, these 2 boys came over and said they were in a band and the 'singer' started singing really really badly then this (weird) guy came over who I had met earlier at the bar and put his arm around me and then proceeded to rub his hand up and down my back (which I really really realy dislike a stranger I don't even like doing, I also hate strangers touching my leg, I alwyas think that's a bit too friendly) saying "hello laura, do you need some help" and then said "my mate" which was actually my sister needed to be saved and started grabbing her hand. I liked the two freaks who said they were in a band better. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom