A Man And A Testje

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
sample of the last 24 hours....

of the weather here in Sudbury.

SAT 04h -24 -28
SAT 03h -24 -29
SAT 02h -24 -30
SAT 01h -24 -30
SAT 00h -25 -30
FRI 23h -25 -30
FRI 22h -25 -31
FRI 21h -26 -31
FRI 20h -26 -31
FRI 19h -25 -31
FRI 18h -24 -30
FRI 17h -24 -31
FRI 16h -22 -30
FRI 15h -23 -30
FRI 14h -24 -31
FRI 13h -25 -31
FRI 12h -27 -32
FRI 11h -28 -32
FRI 10h -30 -34
FRI 09h -32 -35
FRI 08h -32 -36
FRI 07h -31 -35
FRI 06h -31 -35
FRI 05h -32 -36

updated : Saturday January 22 04:00 EST

Note : For a full description of the sky condition, move your mouse over the picture in the sky column.

so there you go. :|

first column of #'s are actual temps in celcius.
the other is with the goddamn windchill....it actually reached -35 here yesterday in some parts that are about a 20 min. drive away
from me.

all these temps are taken at the Sudbury, Ontario Airport.

:der:

:hug:

so your "warmer" windchills are my cold windchill

:yikes:

Last edited:
trust me, i need the :hug: just to thaw out my tits. :yell:

thanks, iwb. :hug: back at ya.

i'm now going to attempt some bear-free sleep.

with my frozen tits.

:lol:

talk to ya soon, baby. :wave:

IWasBored said:

i imagine if i went to the gym, that's what would happen to me. only i probably would fall off all the way.

i don't go to the gym for the reason i don't like trying to work out with all sorts of muscle-y people around me.

although i should excersize more, i'm getting fat sitting around.

Good morning :wave:

I really want to get in shape so I tried to ignore all the fit muscel-y men working out. Most of them stood around talking/ admiring themselves infront of the mirror while lifting a few weights when I was there :shrug:

My brother and sister went with me too so it wasn't too bad because I had folk with me, excpet they are both exceptionally thin and my sister looks really fit even though she never does any excercise. :|

I'm cooking porridge at the minute, will be back really soon I am sure :wave:

Back

Ate breakfast, filled dishwasher and cleared worktops so when we go food shopping we have room for all the bags. It only took 20 minutes. :up:

IWasBored said:
hey...

i wonder if the gyms are open now, or they don't open until sunday when people come back :hmm:

i think if i went a day or two when no one was there, i'd get past that wierd "i don't want to work out in a room full of strong muscle-y people"

and if not...well...i could say i tried, swipe the puny 5 lbs. dumbbells from home, and go running around here...on the ice and snow in the frigid cold. yeah right :rolleyes:

**reading back**

Fah is right, there are people at the gym who are not muscel-y people, the last time my siblings were there they said they muscle-y men weren't there, friday afternoon must be their time to go just :der:

It feels a bit strange going in at first because I thought everyone would be looking at me thinking oh, she can't run as long/ fast on the treadmill as I can, but once you start using the equipment you don't pay attention to anyone else around you and everybody else is either watching the little televisions or with someone else and are talking to them. I'm quite paranoid but after a few minutes I was too busy talking to my sister I didn't notice anyone else and my brother completely switches off when he's excercising and everytime I wanted to ask him something I asked him about 3 times. The only people who looked stupid were the group of about 6 men sitting around trying to look pretty with these really huge muscles (which I don't think is that nice a look). If you take music that might help relax you. They play really awful dance music at our gym, my sister says it's to help you work out "with the beats". :crack:

Losing weight and getting fit is going to be my main priority from now on, even if it was embarrassing almost falling off the treadmill, I will go back again. I also joined a dance class last year, it was really good fun too, it was an all girls class and they were all really friendly. If you join something like that you'll notice that all the people there are there to get fitter too. :yes:

I'm off again, will have to find something to occupy myself with :wave:

:up:

i might try working out then. i am getting fat.

:hmm:

music would defintely come with me.

I like the rowing machine. :up:

I felt much happier and more energetic this week and getting out walking/ to the gym really clears your mind. :yes:

I became such a lazy beast when I started back classes in October. :laugh: :uhoh:

i've been really lazy since i stopped playing sports, and i think i've gained about 15 pounds :shifty:

I am 14 lbs heavier now than I was this time last year and I can still lose more weight. That's pretty embarassing. :|

I also remembered something else I did yesterday that was stupid, I was on one of those elliptical machines and my brother pointed out that I was going backwards and wasn't doing any kind of work

Him: "Does that feel like you're doing any work?"

Me: "Yes, my legs are still hurting from running on the treadmill"

Him: "You're going backwards, that's not a workout!"

When I tried to use the machine properly my foot fell off the bit where you're supposed to place your foot (I'm not good with the names of pieces of gym equipment) :reject:

And when he had me doing the leg weights I told him to make it as light as possible

Him: "Look, this is not a picnic, you're not working out unless it feels like you're doing something to those leg muscles"

He's a demon :lol:

I just had porridge for breakfast and lots of water and I just ate some sliced peaches.

I don't agree with those diets that tell you to avoid carbs completely, some of the best carbs are wholewheat pasta and brown rice ( :drool: ). I always fill myself up with fruit/ salad before dinner. :up:

This thread feels like a dieting thread :laugh:

My big motivating factor is my health. The odds are not stacked in my favour in regards to health. My parents both have heart problems, my Grandad (dad's dad) died of a heartattack at 47. My Granny (dad's mum) has heart problems and my Mum's mum died of a heartattack but I remember that when she was alive she was always in and ourt of hospital with heart complaints, she used to live with us until I was about 5 and then she went to live with my aunt who is a doctor and could get her oxygen and injections she needed. My sister is a diabetic so I have an increased chance of developing that. She isn't even overweight, she's close to being underweight and it's usually overweight people who get it. On my Mum's side of the family there have been a lot of her aunts and cousins who have had ovarian cancer. Even my Mum said to me last night that my dad's heart condition is hereditary and we are at rick of getting it and I can't control that. So the scary reality is I could have a heartattack in my 40's like my Dad and Grandad and if I was more fit that could only be better for my heart. I got really scared last year watching obese people getting ill on television and decided I had to do something. And I'm only overweight, there are a lot of people in Britiain who are in the obese/ morbidly obese weight range. That cannot be good for your body.

I also think I would be happier if I was thinner, I got overweight due to being bullied at school and then because I was unhappy with what I looked like I didn't try and change it. Vicious cycle. :down: I have this really bad idea that if I was thinner people might like me more but I think if I lost weight I'd have more confidence and would be happier chatting to people instead of getting quite shy. :slant:

Last edited:
Oh, wow, LM. :hug: That sucks, I'm sorry.

I guess a lot of why I'm doing it too is that I've got a family history of helath problems as well. My Dad has diabetes and heart problems, my Mom's Dad had diabetes too, and there's breast cancer on both sides of the family. My parents have always been a little overweight, and I need to get in shape now before I end up with some of the problems that has plagued our family.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
Oh, wow, LM. :hug: That sucks, I'm sorry.

I guess a lot of why I'm doing it too is that I've got a family history of helath problems as well. My Dad has diabetes and heart problems, my Mom's Dad had diabetes too, and there's breast cancer on both sides of the family. My parents have always been a little overweight, and I need to get in shape now before I end up with some of the problems that has plagued our family.

You too, April :hug:

Health problems are not fun but I guess it's not something you can't control so you just have to make the most of life. :up: This is why I am going to be such a good traveller this year and I will not think too much about the fliying aspect. I've been putting off going away for so long becuase I'm anxious getting on a plane but I'm missing out doing that. :shrug:

Thanks Kim. :)

I'm away now but I might be back before I go out this evening. It's not even 3 yet. :laugh:

:hug: all the great ladies in this thread :hug:

:grouphug:

*is now afraid to say what he's eating*

*also needs to start doing exercises*
:yikes:

Mooooo Testjes :wave:

I'm working on a new theme for my students : Heroes

I've just found an example of an anti-hero : Shrek lol

Who is your hero ? fictional and real

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts