A-Level/ GCSE Results

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bono_gal

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
I dunno if this is the right place to post this or not, but i'm sure it will get moved if its wrong :)

Today, in Britain is one of two things...the day you are made happy or sad.

Results time :uhoh:

Today was the A-Level results (exams you take when you are 17 and 18 in this country)

And, next week is GCSE time (exams you take when you are 16)

I just thought I'd create this thread so all the students can post, talk about their results, if they were happy or not.

Also, congratualations' and everything.

I hope the thread does take off 'cos this time of year can be really stressful, and students do need support. :)

'cos i'm shitting a brick now and mine dont come out till next week!

Thanx for thinking of us! Got my A2 results today :) :D :happy: they were ok :wink: no, I was v.happy (and slightly shocked in a good way!).

What you planning on doing after your GCSEs (sorry if you get asked this a lot!)? 6th Form? Vocational qualification? Employment?

I know this isn't any help whatsoever but, as I tried telling myself this morning, worrying isn't gonna change what it says on that sheet of paper! (That actually made me feel a little worse, I think)

How are you getting your results? Posted (possibly the best way but then you don't get to see all your friends), pick them at school (the only way I've ever got exam results which is great to see your friends and all that but you've got to see everyone who's not done as well as they hoped whilst others are so happy and it doesn't seem right somehow. Someone at school suggested there should be a one-way system so you get your results then walk straight out another way so you don't see everyone else!) or are they pinned up on a noticeboard (THAT must be awful)?

Sorry for all the rambling/questions. Good luck!

:wave:

Congratulations on the results!! :hug: :hug:

Feel free to post the grades :wink:

After I get my GCSEs I'm starting college in Liverpool, I just hope I get them!

I have to go to school for them, I'm fairly confident but, I will be shocked if I have passed maths or science :reject:

Do you intend to go to university now you've got your A2s?

bono_gal said:
:wave:

1.Congratulations on the results!! :hug: :hug:

2.Feel free to post the grades :wink:

3.After I get my GCSEs I'm starting college in Liverpool, I just hope I get them!

4.I have to go to school for them, I'm fairly confident but, I will be shocked if I have passed maths or science :reject:

5.Do you intend to go to university now you've got your A2s?

1. Thanx.
2. :D
3. Cool. Hope you enjoy it.
4. Now if I can pass maths and science then I'm sure you can too.
5. Nope. Am going out into the big scary world of work. :uhoh:

Please dont mention the SATs....First session to take the new ones...I did alot better then i thought I would am really really happy but nothing was scarier then sitting there and taking the new never before seen 4 hour test.

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
Are the A-level similar to SATs here in the US? :reject:

A-Levels are probably closer to AP Exams than to the SAT. I think Associate degrees in the US are also accepted as equivalent to A-Levels, though.

i got my A-levels yesterday... i got into the university i was hoping for with an A in English Language, a B in Law, and a C in German.

after getting my results at about 9:30 i went on an absolute bender, drinking from 10am to 2am the next morning with my friends - good times were had by all :wink: :drunk:

now im off to study Journalism in 3 weeks time!

Princey said:
i got my A-levels yesterday... i got into the university i was hoping for with an A in English Language, a B in Law, and a C in German.

after getting my results at about 9:30 i went on an absolute bender, drinking from 10am to 2am the next morning with my friends - good times were had by all :wink: :drunk:

now im off to study Journalism in 3 weeks time!

Congratulations!!! :hyper: :hyper:

Good luck in university :hug: :hug:

I wanted to do Journalism years ago lol.

Now I want to do Human Rights Law.

If I get my GCSEs, I'm going to college to study

English Language
Graphic Design
Government and Politics
Media Studies

Hopefully!

English Language is great in the first year, especially the original writing - gets alot harder in the second year and is alot more technical...my friend did graphic design and it is ALOT of work, but very rewarding if you put the time in and you are good at the subject.

Im sure youll get the results you need, fingers crossed for Thursday

Princey said:
English Language is great in the first year, especially the original writing - gets alot harder in the second year and is alot more technical...my friend did graphic design and it is ALOT of work, but very rewarding if you put the time in and you are good at the subject.

Im sure youll get the results you need, fingers crossed for Thursday

I did Graphics at GCSE and was guaranteed an A, if thats anything to go by! I would probably drop it anyway lol.

I would love to do english language though, im just hoping i can change my option 'cos i picked english literature and ive gone off the idea!

hey, i finished college last year and got B's in english language and media studies. didn't really enjoy english language that much but some of it was quite interesting, as princey pointed out the original writing task was cool. i really enjoyed media studies, was fun and i found it interesting. i'd reccommend it although it is becoming very popular with a lot of students these days.

good luck with your results bono gal! :up:

I got my A/S levels yesterday and I got 2 E's (i was 3marks off a D in one of them) 2 D's and a C so i'm happy with my results, and I've got another year to go to make sure i get the grades i need to get into liverpool uni

Loz said:
I got my A/S levels yesterday and I got 2 E's (i was 3marks off a D in one of them) 2 D's and a C so i'm happy with my results, and I've got another year to go to make sure i get the grades i need to get into liverpool uni

:hyper: I'm in liverpool!

Where about are you?

I got them today!! :hyper: :hyper:

I got...

French- C
English Language- B
English Lit- B
Business- C
Science- C C
Graphic Design- A*
Maths- C
I.C.T- Distcinction (4 A grades)

:hyper:

:D

Well done bono_gal! Check out you A* in graphic design! :applaud:

Hope you weren't too nervous! And you should celebrate tonight :up: :wink:

{paintedroses} said:
Well done bono_gal! Check out you A* in graphic design! :applaud:

Hope you weren't too nervous! And you should celebrate tonight :up: :wink:

:hyper:

A* in Graphic Design is brilliant!! :D

I was never ANY good at art, it just takes a lot of work and beleive me you get the rewards! :hyper:

And of course thanks goes to my best peice of work...

My Bono/Bob Geldof makepovertyhistory campaign poster! :D

*thinks about consuming alcohol tonight :wink: *

5.gif

Congratulations bg!

Well done bono_gal and beau2ifulday!

Good luck Loz - hope you get the results next year to get into Liverpool!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom