A Game 7 for the Ages

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
2604145DP074_RedSox_Yanks101701_lower.jpg

Boone is soooo excited!!!

2604145EZ072_RedSox_Yanks101701_lower.jpg

Wells and Stottlemyre celebrate thier drunkeness by defacing this monument.

MAAH101101701_lower.jpg

more Bronx memories from the game...:wink:

RISM101101701_lower.jpg

what the?

Elvis Presley said:

while Zimmer takes a nap, Torre warms things up a bit....

:eyebrow: [/B][/QUOTE]

Sweet.

But seriously, male athletes do that all the time to keep their hands warm.

rafmed said:
Sure Moose didn't close the door, Mariano didn't pitched 3 scoreless innings, and Aaron Boone didn't bat...

All very good points. But if you're a Yankees fan, would you rather have gone up against a tiring Pedro Matrinez or Alan Embree/Mike Timlin (neither of whom had allowed a run in the entire series) for the 7th and 8th innings?

speedracer said:

All very good points. But if you're a Yankees fan, would you rather have gone up against a tiring Pedro Matrinez or Alan Embree/Mike Timlin (neither of whom had allowed a run in the entire series) for the 7th and 8th innings?

At the moment, of course I believed Grady Little would bring Embree and then Timlin; as a Yankee fan, I would lie, if I would not say I hoped/believed that the Yankees would tie and eventually win the game, regardless of who would pitch.

In the end, it was clearly a mistake to leave Pedro in the game, the main advantage for the Yankees over the Red Sox was Joe Torre.

Last edited:
Headache in a Suitcase said:
:scratch: funny... in all my years playing basketball i never once though to warm my hands by playing with my ding-a-ling :shrug:

thats why you dont manage the Yanks....Torre knows how to manage the Yanks, err uhh

:|

who said we wanted you to be good? :macdevil:

and LMFAO at zoney's comment about a "regular evening in the bronx".
:lmao:
is it that bad there? :der:

mmmBono said:
who said we wanted you to be good? :macdevil:

and LMFAO at zoney's comment about a "regular evening in the bronx".
:lmao:
is it that bad there? :der:

Funny, this is the picture with the caption:

capt.maah10110170543.alcs_boston_reax_maah101.jpg

Boston police subdue an unruly fan early Friday morning, Oct. 17, 2003, outside Fenway Park in Boston. The Red Sox lost 6-5 in 11 innings in Game 7 of the AL championship series against the New York Yankees.
(AP Photo/Adam Hunger)
Oct 17, 1:45 am EDT

I guess this is really a "regular evening in" Boston.

ramblin rose said:

Funny, this is the picture with the caption:

capt.maah10110170543.alcs_boston_reax_maah101.jpg

Boston police subdue an unruly fan early Friday morning, Oct. 17, 2003, outside Fenway Park in Boston. The Red Sox lost 6-5 in 11 innings in Game 7 of the AL championship series against the New York Yankees.
(AP Photo/Adam Hunger)
Oct 17, 1:45 am EDT

I guess this is really a "regular evening in" Boston.

:shocked:

i am damn happy to be a canadian right about now.

Thursday, October 23, 2003
Little Doesn't Like Hesitation in Boston

Associated Press
BOSTON -- Boston Red Sox manager Grady Little said he is not sure he wants to be back with the team next season, according to a published report.

Little, second-guessed for keeping Pedro Martinez on the mound in the team's 6-5, 11th-inning loss to the New York Yankees in Game 7 of the AL Championship Series after Martinez struggled in the seventh and eighth innings, will not be surprised if he's fired.

"I'm prepared for the likelihood," Little told The Boston Globe. "I am not sure that I want to manage that team. That's how I felt when I drove out of town."

Little said has not heard from the team's management since returning to his North Carolina home.

"All I know is that when I left there, there was some hesitation," he said. "That's all I need to know."

The club has an option on Little's contract for next season. In his two years as Red Sox manager, they were 93-69 and 95-67, and qualified for the playoffs this season for the first time since 1999.

"Right now I am disappointed that evidently some people are judging me on the results of one decision I made -- not the decision, but the results of the decision," he said. "Less than 24 hours before, those same people were hugging and kissing me. If that's the way they operate, I'm not sure I want to be part of it."

Many of the team's key players, including Todd Walker and Manny Ramirez, have publicly said Little should return.

If he had to do it again, Little said he would keep Martinez in to pitch the eighth inning, when the Yankees came back from a 5-2 deficit to tie the game.

Little, 53, became the Red Sox's 43rd manager on March 11, 2002 after Joe Kerrigan was fired. Kerrigan had taken over late in the 2001 season after Jimy Williams was fired.

Little managed 16 seasons in the minors from 1980 through 1995 and was San Diego's bullpen coach in 1996. He spent the next three seasons as Williams' bench coach in Boston then had the same job the next two seasons with Charlie Manuel in Cleveland.

so true it hurts... this is now and always will be the difference between red sox fans and every other type of fan on earth... grady little led the red sox to two straight 90+ win seasons... got them to game 7 of the ALCS... and you all want him fired based on one decision. you didn't see yankee fans yelling for joe torre's head because he played the infield in in game 7 of the series against arizona, allowing gonzalez to bloop one over jeter's head... if the marlins ended up losing last night's game, i bet ya you wouldn't here people calling for mckeon's head for not leaving pavano in for the 9th... and even the just as tortured cubs fans aren't calling for dusty baker's head for leaving prior in the game an inning too long... the fact of the matter is the red sox still had 3 innings to win the game AFTER little left pedro in, and they failed to do so. the player's LOVE playing for grady little. most of the team has already come out saying how he should remain manager. calling for his head is just another example of red sox fans and management looking for an excuse on why they didn't win. if sox fans don't want him, plenty of other teams around the league will gladly take him.

Back
Top Bottom