A Fun Movie Game

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And again: correct!

There weren't enough quotes to choose from on IMDB, but it's not a very quotable movie. I had to include it, as it's one of my all-time favorites.

Another correct one from lazarus!

That was a hard one to pick - so many great lines to choose from.

If anyone's waiting to make their own list, I say go ahead ... maybe if there are still quotes of mine to go un-guessed tomorrow, I can re-quote that post later.

One of your quotes, cori, was bugging me, so I googled it. I won't post the answer, but it took me to another forum/live journal thing doing the exact same game! :lol:

Tell me the # of the quote, because I know the feeling of being nagged at a quote or a lyric you can't quite place.

corianderstem said:
Okay, get yer brains ready!

1. What do they think I am? Dumb or something? Why, I make more money than - than - than Calvin Coolidge! Put together!

2. Character 1: Don't take that tone with me young man. I fought the war for your sort.
Character 2: I bet you're sorry you won.

3. And then he calls me a jerk and says the last guy who thought he was a jerk was dead now. So I don't say nothin' and he says, "What do ya think about that?" So I says, "Well, that don't sound like too good a deal for him then."

4. If we're all ready on the Dark Side of the Moon... play the five tones. Close Encounters Of the Third Kind, guessed correctly by lazarus

5. I tried taking pictures, but they were so mediocre. I guess every girl goes through a photography phase. You know, horses... taking pictures of your feet. Lost In Translation, guessed correctly by lazarus

6. My fellow Austrians, I shall not be seeing you again perhaps for a very long time. I would like to sing for you now... a love song. I know you share this love. I pray that you will never let it die. The Sound of Music, guessed correctly by LMP

7. You want to talk to God? Let's go see him together, I've got nothing better to do. Raiders of the Lost Ark, guessed correctly by LMP

8. The Irish are the blacks of Europe. And Dubliners are the blacks of Ireland. And the Northside Dubliners are the blacks of Dublin. So say it once, say it loud: I'm black and I'm proud. The Commitments, guessed correctly by lazarus

9. Where you going?... Oh, you men are all alike. Seven or eight quick ones and then you're out with the boys to boast and brag. YOU BETTER KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT. Oh... I think I love him. Young Frankenstein, guessed correctly by Lila64

10. So okay, I don't want to be a traitor to my generation and all but I don't get how guys dress today. I mean, come on, it looks like they just fell out of bed and put on some baggy pants and take their greasy hair - ew - and cover it up with a backwards cap and like, we're expected to swoon? I don't think so Clueless, guessed correctly by lazarus

11. The only true currency in this bankrupt world... is what you share with someone else when you're uncool.

12. I find the key is to think of a day as units of time, each unit consisting of no more than thirty minutes. Full hours can be a little bit intimidating and most activities take about half an hour. Taking a bath: one unit, watching countdown: one unit, web-based research: two units, exercising: three units, having my hair carefully disheveled: four units. It's amazing how the day fills up, and I often wonder, to be absolutely honest, if I'd ever have time for a job; how do people cram them in?

13. The blues are because you're getting fat and maybe it's been raining too long, you're just sad that's all. The mean reds are horrible. Suddenly you're afraid and you don't know what you're afraid of. Do you ever get that feeling?

14. White boys always get the Oscar. It's a known fact. Did I ever get a nomination? No! You know why? Cause I hadn't played any of them slave roles, and get my ass whipped. That's how you get the nomination. A black dude who plays a slave that gets his ass whipped gets the nomination, a white guy who plays an idiot gets the Oscar. That's what I need, I need to play a retarded slave, then I'll get the Oscar. Bowfinger, guessed correctly by LMP

15. Does Barry Manilow know that you raid his wardrobe? The Breakfast Club, guessed correctly by LMP

Damn, #2 was bugging me too, so I cheated, but again, I won't post. I think the key to the game is to partially know what the posters fave movies are. I should have known :)

Ha! If anyone knows #1 without googling it, I will marry them.

No lie.

Also, I'm fairly surprised no one's gotten #3.

You've only just seen that movie now?????? Oh, BVS.

But I guess I have to ask: Will you marry me? :wink:

(Oh, and you should share the answer with the rest of the class.)

Last edited:
I spent way too long coming up with this list: (sorry that Cori's isn't done ... you can wait till hers is)

1. “Oh my God, they found Tom.”

2. “I think we make a real sharp couple of coconuts - I'm dumb, you're shy, whaddaya think, huh?”

3. “You don't have to go to college. This isn't Russia. Is this Russia? This isn't Russia.”

4. “You straightened my brother out?”

5. Character 1: “Yo no me voy a poner esto! Esto duele!”
Character 2: “What? What are you saying?”
Character 3: “I've been brushing up on my Spanish of late, and I think he is saying something about, you know, his being Catholic, and it's a sin.”

6. “Leave the ball, will ya, George?”

7. Character 1: “Can I get you something?”
Character 2: “Yeah, do you have the Beatles' White Album? Never mind, just get me a glass of hot fat. And bring me the head of Alfredo Garcia while you're out there.”

8. “There are two types of people in this world: Those who like Neil Diamond, and those who don't. My ex-wife loves him.”

9. “Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.”

10. “Wait a minute, wait a minute. There's not enough room, man, you're bugging me. You're bugging me.”

11. “Kids today are amazing. I played winter ball down in Venezuala, they had kids half his age, every one of them speaking Spanish. And that's a hard language.”

12. “Dynamite drop-in, Monte. That broadcast school has really paid off.”

13. “Every night it's the fucking chicken! Holy God Almighty! Is it possible just once we could get something to eat for dinner around here that's not the goddamned fucking chicken?”

14. “But it's an easy fix. One line of dialogue. 'Thank God we invented the... you know, whatever device.'”

15. “Senator? You can have my answer now, if you like. My final offer is this: nothing. Not even the fee for the gaming license, which I would appreciate if you would put up personally.”

Dang, pfan, I only know one of those.

#9 - Monty Python and the Holy Grail

The Neil Diamond one is really familiar, though ...

Singin in the Rain...

I'll admit it's the first movie I've seen pre 1963. I haven't seen Gone with the Wind, Casablanca, etc... I admitted this to my mother recently and she felt like she did me a disservice to me, so that's where she started me.

So I feel a little unqualified for your proposal. Although you are lovely, I would much rather step up to another challenge that I was worthy of and gain you hand properly, for I feel like I cheated on this one.

Last edited:
13. “Every night it's the fucking chicken! Holy God Almighty! Is it possible just once we could get something to eat for dinner around here that's not the goddamned fucking chicken?”

Is this AMERICAN BEAUTY? :hmm:

After PLA said that one quote was About A Boy, I just went
homerdoh.gif
:wink:

ETA: I'm wrong on the above :reject:

:lol:

All right then. I guess I just saw you as such a wordly character. I figured you'd be all up in the grilles of the classics.

Oh, and I missed Pla's guess at About a Boy.

both of you are delightfully correct.

Lila64 said:

Is this AMERICAN BEAUTY? :hmm:

After PLA said that one quote was About A Boy, I just went
homerdoh.gif
:wink:

ETA: I'm wrong on the above :reject:

Yeah, it's not American Beauty.

corianderstem said:
Dang, pfan, I only know one of those.

#9 - Monty Python and the Holy Grail

The Neil Diamond one is really familiar, though ...

Bingo.

D'oh, too late to edit. Here's my updated list, with flicks still remaining!

corianderstem said:
1. What do they think I am? Dumb or something? Why, I make more money than - than - than Calvin Coolidge! Put together! Singin' In the Rain, guessed correctly by BonoVoxSuperstar

2. Character 1: Don't take that tone with me young man. I fought the war for your sort.
Character 2: I bet you're sorry you won. A Hard Day's Night, guessed correctly by phillyfan26

3. And then he calls me a jerk and says the last guy who thought he was a jerk was dead now. So I don't say nothin' and he says, "What do ya think about that?" So I says, "Well, that don't sound like too good a deal for him then."

4. If we're all ready on the Dark Side of the Moon... play the five tones. Close Encounters Of the Third Kind, guessed correctly by lazarus

5. I tried taking pictures, but they were so mediocre. I guess every girl goes through a photography phase. You know, horses... taking pictures of your feet. Lost In Translation, guessed correctly by lazarus

6. My fellow Austrians, I shall not be seeing you again perhaps for a very long time. I would like to sing for you now... a love song. I know you share this love. I pray that you will never let it die. The Sound of Music, guessed correctly by LMP

7. You want to talk to God? Let's go see him together, I've got nothing better to do. Raiders of the Lost Ark, guessed correctly by LMP

8. The Irish are the blacks of Europe. And Dubliners are the blacks of Ireland. And the Northside Dubliners are the blacks of Dublin. So say it once, say it loud: I'm black and I'm proud. The Commitments, guessed correctly by lazarus

9. Where you going?... Oh, you men are all alike. Seven or eight quick ones and then you're out with the boys to boast and brag. YOU BETTER KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT. Oh... I think I love him. Young Frankenstein, guessed correctly by Lila64

10. So okay, I don't want to be a traitor to my generation and all but I don't get how guys dress today. I mean, come on, it looks like they just fell out of bed and put on some baggy pants and take their greasy hair - ew - and cover it up with a backwards cap and like, we're expected to swoon? I don't think so Clueless, guessed correctly by lazarus

11. The only true currency in this bankrupt world... is what you share with someone else when you're uncool. Almost Famous, guessed correctly by No Spoken Words

12. I find the key is to think of a day as units of time, each unit consisting of no more than thirty minutes. Full hours can be a little bit intimidating and most activities take about half an hour. Taking a bath: one unit, watching countdown: one unit, web-based research: two units, exercising: three units, having my hair carefully disheveled: four units. It's amazing how the day fills up, and I often wonder, to be absolutely honest, if I'd ever have time for a job; how do people cram them in? About a Boy, guessed correctly by PlatheGreat

13. The blues are because you're getting fat and maybe it's been raining too long, you're just sad that's all. The mean reds are horrible. Suddenly you're afraid and you don't know what you're afraid of. Do you ever get that feeling?

14. White boys always get the Oscar. It's a known fact. Did I ever get a nomination? No! You know why? Cause I hadn't played any of them slave roles, and get my ass whipped. That's how you get the nomination. A black dude who plays a slave that gets his ass whipped gets the nomination, a white guy who plays an idiot gets the Oscar. That's what I need, I need to play a retarded slave, then I'll get the Oscar. Bowfinger, guessed correctly by LMP

15. Does Barry Manilow know that you raid his wardrobe? The Breakfast Club, guessed correctly by LMP

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom