A Friendly Reminder For All B&C Patrons

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryMullen's POPAngel

Blue Crack Distributor
I'll be up with the sun, I'm not coming down...
Please note that whenever you go to make a new thread about an artist/band, there may already be another thread or threads about that artist. My suggestion would be to use the search function at the bottom of the main page to see if there has already been a thread made about who you'd like to talk about.

I am posting this just as a reminder to all, since as of late we've had a lot of merged threads. :)

Thanks for your cooperation, everyone. :wave:

*Edit: For non- Premium members, you can look back a few pages for reference before creating a new thread. Thanks!

Last edited:
Please remember, though, that only premium members have the permission to use the search button. :)

Something that I like to do that sometimes helps is using my browser's Find function. That way you can search the first page of a forum for a word in a subject. If you hit Ctrl+f, it pulls it up. For example, I could do that and type in Coldplay, and it would find any subject title on that page that mentions Coldplay.

That doesn't always work because not all thread titles are clear cut like that. It has helped me in the past though. :)

Last edited:
can i make a suggestion? the downloading of music discussions seem to be frequent, do you think we could have a thread labeled 'important' that sits at the top of the forum exclusivly for that topic?

either i'm way off base or i'm suggesting this in the wrong place...

There's a hidden way for non-premium members to search. What you do is make a post where the subject is what you want to search for, then you scroll to the bottom and look at the similar threads listed.

I don't think the mods appreciate this method though so you might want to use it infrequently.

Its not a problem at all doing that SkeeK, it just defeats the purpose with multiple threads on the one topic.
If any thread is more than a couple of pages back, its hardly new and therefore doesn't matter anyway if its repeated. Especially with popular topics. We don't expect only ONE thread to exist as an umbrella for everything, as that's a bit ludicrous, lol.

IWB, its a good idea, though some people don't like to see stuck threads permanently at the top. Even though the topic is repeated often, most of the time its for a different purpose. It may not get enough attention, as many don't really read them or notice them when they're stuck for long periods. That said, if the majority want that, its not a problem making one...

not only what you said, but it's clearly not the huge issue i thought it would be

i don't have the foresight to be a mod, what can i say :wink:

Back
Top Bottom