a celebration of individuality

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
cass said:
Verte76..do you belong to a group? We have one near here, I'd love to go along one day. They are very strict about everything being authentic. A while ago I wondered about our new drummer's haircut, very blunt. I figured he was younger than me and it must be some new fashion I was as yet unaware of. At some later point I found out he belongs to a re-enactment group and he role-plays a Norman. That explains it.

Yes. I belong to the Society for Creative Anachronism. We put quite a bit of emphasis on being authentic. Sometimes, IMO, it's overdone and stifles creativity. I'm not a big fan of having to come up with the exact brocade design that was used in Venice in 1420 or whatever. If I use a good brocade I don't think I have to be that precise about the patterning. Some people like it, however. So the rules aren't really super-strict. Of course I can't exactly go to an event wearing a pink sequined tutu or whatever. No, this is not New York Art Deco. :lol: :lol: I can see how your friend with a Norman haircut looked, uh, different. Yeah. We basically have alot of fun with this stuff. You get to go off and wear costumes you can't wear anywhere else.

Last edited:
cheers verte..enjoy.
Is this a place for my story..maybe it's unique. At the moment someone is wanting to sue the church for abuse that happened to them when they were a child in an orphanage near here. It was run by nuns.They are denying any abuse took place. The ophanage closed about 20 years ago and some people I know bought it, thinking they would trun it into a backpackers hostel. It is very very run-down and will cost a fortune to renovate.
They had a party some time ago when they moved in. Just before it got dark we walked around the grounds and a friend and I ended up at the old swimming pool. The pool is empty, has a giant crack in it and is full of dirt. My friend wanted to go in and check out the changeroom area...but I just couldn't. She thought I was a bit nutty, but to me the place was just oozing sorrow and fear. I told her I could almost hear children crying and didn't want to go in there. I could feel something bad had happened there. I don't think they'll be able to use that in a court of law.
I have had experiences like that before..I don't much like them.Asleep or awake
I wish I could dream next week's lotto numbers. A young person bought a ticket at the store where I buy my $2 lottery tickets. They won $1.6 million dollars last Saturday...i wish it was me!!!

~fairy_girl~ said:
i dream stuff that later comes true, or parts of the dream come true :shrug: gets kinda scary :no:

along with you and sicy, same goes for me:|

cass said:
cheers verte..enjoy.
Is this a place for my story..maybe it's unique. At the moment someone is wanting to sue the church for abuse that happened to them when they were a child in an orphanage near here. It was run by nuns.They are denying any abuse took place. The ophanage closed about 20 years ago and some people I know bought it, thinking they would trun it into a backpackers hostel. It is very very run-down and will cost a fortune to renovate.
They had a party some time ago when they moved in. Just before it got dark we walked around the grounds and a friend and I ended up at the old swimming pool. The pool is empty, has a giant crack in it and is full of dirt. My friend wanted to go in and check out the changeroom area...but I just couldn't. She thought I was a bit nutty, but to me the place was just oozing sorrow and fear. I told her I could almost hear children crying and didn't want to go in there. I could feel something bad had happened there. I don't think they'll be able to use that in a court of law.
I have had experiences like that before..I don't much like them.Asleep or awake

I'm disgusted with this abuse stuff in the church. I'm a Catholic, and it's embarrassing. They need to bust all the people who broke laws, I don't care who it is. There's no excuse for this crud. It's got to be stopped. :madspit: :mad: :censored: :censored:

Last edited:
what can i do?

hmm...well, i can also do the thing Sicy can do...:wink:

i can pick things up with my toes...

i can read theory and translate it (sorta)

i can sit on the couch and watch movies for days...

i can run 4 miles a day...

nothing extraordinary, i guess...i'll try to think of something noteworthy.

i could do full splits with groin touching the ground :sexywink:

:shifty: well, i used to, at least.

poor guy...he'll set off alarms everywhere :yes:

hehe...I meant to quote Sicy's post about John :reject:

Last edited:
I have a titanium bar down my left arm and I have an amazing ability to remain completely emotionless. My friends all try to make me laugh like its a game but they never win. I look like this all the time (if I want)... :| :| :| :| :|

So all of a sudden people will try to make me laugh but I still look like :| :| :| and everyone gets pissed.

:|

Anything I can do you can do better.

However...my cats are pretty cool...and none of you have them...

Can that be my answer?

I thought of another one...I am freakishly strong, for a girl anyway. My husband doesn't ask guy friends to help him move furniture...he asks me.

Bono's American Wife said:
I thought of another one...I am freakishly strong, for a girl anyway. My husband doesn't ask guy friends to help him move furniture...he asks me.

im the same way...:silent:
i once went with my mom to go help my sister who was stranded on a freeway, i think it was off some freeway i've never heard of, who knows...and her car was parked way too close to moving cars and my mom and sis told me to wait in the car... yeah..ok...whatever:angry:

so i wait in the car watching them TRYING to move my sister's car more off the road. finally i couldnt take it anymore and i just got out of the car told my mom to move...and my mom didnt even touch the car and i just literally pushed my sister's car off the road so she wouldnt get hit by other cars. my mom just stood there mouth open:lmao:

I don't set off the alarms in the airport, but I always get selected to get wanded and take off my shoes. So I always wear boots and it takes a long time to get them off and then on again. I keep thinking it would be easier to wear sneakers but then I'd have to pack my boots and that just takes up a lot of room in the suitcase. You know?

I'm also really strong for a woman. Everyone always asks me to help them move and to lift the heavy stuff, and I can keep going when everyone else is tired out. When I got married, I said in my vows that I would always lift the heavy stuff.

But clearly none of this makes me unique....

Back
Top Bottom