Москва, Россия, Супертред

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Actually, they start on Saturday, Friday's the last day. Mixed up the words there! :lol:

Ah, nothing. It's one of those "something to post when you have nothing to post but you want to keep the thread ticking" post.

I think I'm having an early night tonight... One of my housemates is taking part in an epic five-hour conference call in the comp room while he tries to help fix some huge problem, and I hate typing much on this phone cos after a few lines I can't see what I'm typing. May listen to musics in bed.

Gillard against gay marriage

Goddamnit. I'd LOVE to know Gillard's justification of this, given she doesn't have theologically-sanctioned bigotry to fall back on like Rudd did.

(Ten bucks says it's not quite her personal view, but that the ALP - or more to the point, influential powerbrokers within the ALP whose success is tied to appeasing religious bigots - is not quite ready to do something so bold as providing basic equality, and something as radical as not letting the government interfere in the bedroom.)

Goddamnit. I'd LOVE to know Gillard's justification of this, given she doesn't have theologically-sanctioned bigotry to fall back on like Rudd did.

(Ten bucks says it's not quite her personal view, but that the ALP - or more to the point, influential powerbrokers within the ALP whose success is tied to appeasing religious bigots - is not quite ready to do something so bold as providing basic equality, and something as radical as not letting the government interfere in the bedroom.)

I thought I heard she would allow it? :huh:

Stupid media.

Thread needs more dancing Yeltsin!
87_1259646407MUeB.jpg

:doh:
Maybe this is the price she/we pay(s) for being pushed forward by the ALP right faction...?

Sigh. At least she's disappointed me quicker than Rudd did. I think it's better this way, before I get my hopes up.

Back
Top Bottom