80's Lyrics Quiz

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
130. :ohmy:
80s5.jpg

*waits for KhanadaRhodes to beat all of us, including the maker of the test ;)

80s5.jpg

The 80's are my life- ain't it tha truth, ain't it tha truth? :wink:

Michelle, Class of '88

80s3.jpg

maybe i didn't want my mtv bad enough cause i was 5 in 1989 and we didn't have cable tv...heh

what i knew was from vh1 and vh1 classic...heh

I remembered the vast majority of those songs by seeing the video in my head first- most of those songs were big on MTV, more than on the radio. So I can see how people who never saw those videos wouldn't know most of them, and the songs aren't all that played anymore. It's great some of you so young have done well. (and Khanada didn't even need Duran Duran to help:lol: ) They do take your age into consideration when they score you, so remember to pull down the right 'generation factor' thing!

hehe rock the casbah

i think that's the one i got right (i got ISHFWILF wrong cos of some typeos :der: )

80s3.jpg

the generation thing confused me cos i couldn't figure out what 'church lady' was supposed to mean.

maybe i didn't want my mtv bad enough cause i was 5 in 1989 and we didn't have cable tv...heh

yeah, that sounds about right.

Church Lady was the SNL character played by Dana Carvey that said "Isn't that special" I think it was about 89-93. I'm pretty sure Just Say No started about 84-85. I was born 3 months after Woodstock.

Last edited:
I was a teenager in the '80s and I always had my ear glued to the radio - how the hell did I only score 63.1 :eyebrow: Stupid typos, they killed me. Oh, yeah, and they called me a yuppie :madspit: Just because I happend to be born ONE YEAR before Woodstock, I'm a freakin' yuppie????

Last edited:
Not bad...I got 103.5 points.

Looking through the answers, some of the ones I missed I feel pretty stupid about missing-like "Hot For Teacher"...doh! And one I got wrong 'cause of a typo that I didn't realize until seeing my score.

But still, overall, pretty good. Course, I was born in '84, so...

Listened to waayyy too much radio as a kid...

Heh...anyone else notice the smart-mouth comments involving the U2 songs?

Angela

Last edited:
get out yer copy of the joshua tree and listen to it

i spelled crawled wrong

80s4.jpg

I was ashamed until I realised this was not out of 100. I dont feel like a freak now.
I missed some on typos and mental blanks too.
:reject:

Moonlit_Angel said:
Not bad...I got 103.5 points.

:up:

Looking through the answers, some of the ones I missed I feel pretty stupid about missing-like "Hot For Teacher"...doh! And one I got wrong 'cause of a typo that I didn't realize until seeing my score.

That happened to me with "I cannot----- I cannot----" I was like, WTF? When I saw it was supposed to be Metallica "One" I was :banghead: I also left the I out of Jessie in Jessie's girl because I thought if it had an I it was the girl way.

Listened to waayyy too much radio as a kid...

Nothing wrong with that! So was I and I think it's a good education. You learn a lot of songs and pop culture that way. Did you watch MTV back then too? I've heard some people born in the 80's say they stared at it for hours as little kids.

Heh...anyone else notice the smart-mouth comments involving the U2 songs?

Angela

Yeah! One of them was kind of sarcastic, the one about being self righteous or something. But then there was another comment that sounded like the person liked Bono. It's cool there were 3 U2 songs on there, ISHFWILF, Pride, and SBS.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom