80 era Idea's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justin24

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
So the company I am being contracted out by (They make internet security and anti-virus programs) is throwing a holiday party next month and it's a flashback to the 80's theme. So give me some Ideas of what to wear.

Go preppy, that might be the easiest outfit to scrounge up these days -- pastel polo shirt with the color flipped up (extra points if it has an insignia), white or very light Docker-type pants (pegged and rolled on the bottom) and white slip-ons or boat shoes. And don't forget the Ray-Bans with the neon cord around your neck.

dsmith2904 said:
Go preppy, that might be the easiest outfit to scrounge up these days -- pastel polo shirt with the color flipped up (extra points if it has an insignia), white or very light Docker-type pants (pegged and rolled on the bottom) and white slip-ons or boat shoes. And don't forget the Ray-Bans with the neon cord around your neck.

A lot of the people in my area still dress like that sans the neon cord. Just more proof that Connecticut has the largest population of douchebags anywhere in the country.

soviets_80's_berlin-wall_reagan_tshirt_500152_sm.gif

I'm still trying to figure out why every other party I hear about these days is 80's themed. What the hell happened to originality/regular-old present-day-themed parties.

UberBeaver said:
I hate this topic because it put "Wake Me Up Before You Go Go" in my head and I can't get rid of it. :mad: :mad: :mad:

THANKS A LOT, BEAV. I'm trying to write my final draft about the historical methods of Thucydides, and now I've got that song stuck in my head. ALONG WITH THAT SCENE FROM ZOOLANDER.

:mad:

Slipstream said:
Any jacket(preferably denim) that has zippers at odd angles and slim fitting jeans rolled up at the bottom.

I still have my jacket with the odd angle zippers :heart:

GibsonGirl said:

THANKS A LOT, BEAV. I'm trying to write my final draft about the historical methods of Thucydides, and now I've got that song stuck in my head. ALONG WITH THAT SCENE FROM ZOOLANDER.

:mad:

Well, it makes sense because Thucydides did write: "The cause of all these evils was the lust for power arising from greed and ambition; and from these passions proceeded the violence of parties once engaged in contention of a careless whisper. Wake me up before you go go. And do the jitterbug into my heart."

Back
Top Bottom