8 Hiscock Road, Melbourne Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ooh and my preschool even had computers. i forget the kind of computer it was, but our monitors were tv screens. i got my picture in the paper with me sitting at a comp :cute:

I didn't even know computers really existed when I was in preschool! :lol:

Hmm...could there be a curse on The Dark Knight? :hmm: First Heath passes on, now Bale is being charged with assault...what's next, Morgan Freeman giving out a bad piece of advice?

Morgan Freeman said "motherfucker" and "fuck" in Wanted... that fucking made my life.

I want to put those two lines in his other movies:

Driving Miss Daisy
Bruce Almighty
Shawshank
March of the Penguins

I'm sure it'll rock.

technically i didn't use macs in elementary school, they were apple 2s :wink:

i still remember there was a big red button on the keyboard and we were told to never press it. can't remember what it said though :hmm:

oh, later we did get actual macs, and i remember playing a game featuring arthur, the bunny on cbs.

I dunno what ours were. I do vaguely recall Apple but like I said, we never really used computers much in Elementary school except maybe once a week, if that.

The next time I was introduced to them, it was all big work and book reports. :down:

Yeah it would. But its fun to watch and think about if that actually happened to me. Ohhhh Id be in love! :heart:

What if it was an ugly house?

Forever is my favorite :sad:

But I think, if you caught why the last 40 minutes of TDK upset me, you should understand why.

Why did they upset you? Harvey Dent given an awesome character arc and kicking ass as Two Face and not being a bizarre, over-the-top caricature?

Single best part of Wanted. I...I died laughing, then came back to life so I could carry on the laughter.

That paid the 7 bucks for me. Goddamn.

Speaking of Bale, I love how he puts a bit of Bateman in his Bruce Wayne... especially in the dinner scene early on in TDK.

ha, i did find this:
twins1tz.jpg

Why did they upset you?

Two-Face is my absolute favorite Villian of any one thing ever created. Comics, Cartoons, Dramas, Horror, everything. And I didn't like the way they handled it. Though I've heard rumors to the contrary, so I'll hold back until I find out if they're true.

Why did they upset you? Harvey Dent given an awesome character arc and kicking ass as Two Face and not being a bizarre, over-the-top caricature?
The hospital scene made me laugh till I cried!

I think we can all agree on this.

"Let me get this straight. You think that your employer, one of the richest men in the world, is spending his nights running around the city beating criminals to a pulp with his bare hands? And your plan is to blackmail him?"

"Good luck with that."

Speaking of Bale, I love how he puts a bit of Bateman in his Bruce Wayne... especially in the dinner scene early on in TDK.
That was damn creepy. I wonder what Bateman and Joker would do face-to-face? :hmm:

Paid for my $1.50 :wink:

I don't know...I was put off by Bale as Wayne, on the other hand, I think it was handled better than any Wayne before. In that, someone as angsty as Wayne is, should not be quite the playboy he's always made out to be in pretty much any other batman installment

The hospital scene made me laugh till I cried!

One of my favorite scenes in the whole film, along with The Joker's pencil trick, the Bat-pod chase scene, and the interrogation scene.

Two-Face is my absolute favorite Villian of any one thing ever created. Comics, Cartoons, Dramas, Horror, everything. And I didn't like the way they handled it. Though I've heard rumors to the contrary, so I'll hold back until I find out if they're true.

See, I think his character was handled pretty well. Sure, some creative liberties were taken with the physical creation of his scarring... but his character is the backbone of the whole movie and probably my favorite part about the whole thing.

Tommy Lee Jones was so fucking godawful in Forever... he and Jim Carrey just take turns chewing scenery until it turns to shit, I'm sorry. It used to be my favorite Batman film when I was about 5 or 6, but I grew out of that. If I want campy Batman, I'll stick with the '60s movie and series, not the shit Schumacher films.

That was damn creepy. I wonder what Bateman and Joker would do face-to-face? :hmm:

Joker would wonder what the hell Bateman was listening to, and then he would go on a 45 minute rant about how glorious Wang Chung is in a "narrow" way.

Then they would kill each other.

I thought Dent / Two-Face was brilliantly handled, even if the transition was a bit rough and sudden (which really only added to the realism in a sense).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom