The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoots

Blue Crack Supplier
I can't believe there's not a single Iron Maiden thread on this board!

I have the fire
I have the force
I have the power to make my evil take it's course

:rockon:

maybe that's because it's not 1983 and not too many of us are 14 years old?:|

Zootlesque said:
I can't believe there's not a single Iron Maiden thread on this board!
Ummm...that might be because this is a U2 board???? :hmm: :der:

:giggle: :giggle: :giggle:

Rock on, my metal-headed friend, :rockon: and good luck in your search for the IM worshippers. :up:

maybe that's because it's not 1983 and not too many of us are 14 years old? :|

Hey, I'm 26 and I can appreciate Maiden for everything from the cheese metal of 1983 to the cheese metal of 2005.

Zootlesque said:

Hey, I'm 26 and I can appreciate Maiden for everything from the cheese metal of 1983 to the cheese metal of 2005.

Dont sweat it, some of us here dont poopoo everything. I still find it funny that U2 fans think they can bad mouth ANY band for being "cheesy". It's good to see people who can enjoy a wide variety of things around here. :up:

u2popmofo said:

Dont sweat it, some of us here dont poopoo everything. I still find it funny that U2 fans think they can bad mouth ANY band for being "cheesy". It's good to see people who can enjoy a wide variety of things around here. :up:

Woah... I didn't mean to come off as a snob or anything. I love the afore-mentioned cheesiness of Iron Maiden. :wink:

Not a big fan of that song, but Rime of the Ancient Mariner is pretty cool. And of course Hallowed Be Thy Name. I also love Lord of the Flies and Judgment of Heaven (X Factor).

Zootlesque said:

Woah... I didn't mean to come off as a snob or anything. I love the afore-mentioned cheesiness of Iron Maiden. :wink:

I didnt think you sounded like a snob, I was speaking of others...

If you can dig and enjoy the cheesiness of Iron Maiden, you have to check out Dream Evil:

http://www.dreamevil.se/

Their video for 'Book of Heavy Metal' is a CLASSIC (classically hilarious):
http://www.dreamevil.se/tbohmvideo.asp

Oh.. I must've misunderstood.

Anyway, I'll definitely check out Dream Evil. Thanks. :up:

Listening to The Clairvoyant right now. :drool:

The cover that Zwan did of The Number of the Beast was quite interesting.

:up:

I wouldn't call Maiden "cheese metal". That is a term reserved for the lipstick-wearing, girlie-boys of the late 1980's, like Poison, Bon Jovi, Warrant, etc. That should not be confused with "real metal", like Metallica (well, old Metallica at least), Slayer, Iron Maiden, and others.

I was a HUGE Maiden fan in high school. I must have had like 10 shirts and 20 posters. Although I prefer Bruce Dickinson as a lead singer, I'm a bit partial to the first two albums as they're from that late 70's/early 80's New Wave of British Heavy Metal--very punk sounding. That being said, I love all their albums up through Seventh Son...they evolved in a very natural way, as opposed to Metallica's overnight sellout with The Black Album and their concession to radio-friendly song lengths. Maiden never failed to write intricate and more challenging songs, always giving you an epic or two on each record. Considering how many bands became terrible as the 80's wore on, Maiden retained their dignity, even managing to introduce synthesizers into their music without losing their edge.

The two albums released since Dickinson returned to the band in 2000, while not as overall pleasing as the classics, still sounds like the same band working in much the same way. They are still amazing in concert.

laz

I saw them on the last tour in L.A. Hadn't seen them since the 'Piece Of Mind' tour, nor did I really listen to them over the years (was my old boyfriend's fave band). Anyways, saw the show here, and they were still pretty good. Except for the extra guitarist (non-original member) in the band. Now THAT was cheesy. Oh and Bruce fell off the riser near the drummer. He didn't get up for a while - we didn't know how hurt he was (it was maybe a 6 foot drop). I think after the show he went to the ER to be checked out, if I remember correctly. The band just kept playing while he 'came to'...

in my early teens, i was a blind follower of iron maiden. i got all the albuns until 7th son of a 7th son. if there was intrnet at that time i'm sure that i would spend a lot of my time looking for iron maiden stuff and downloading as i do for u2.

stranger in a strange land from iron maiden is less boring than stranger in a strange land from u2:reject:

Back
Top Bottom