6 Nations - I can't believe no one's posted yet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RA-D

War Child
aWOOHOO as Damon Albarn would say

CYMRU AM BYTH my sons, Wales 11 England 9!!!!! That was fun as the only Welshman in a pub of English fans!

waleswelshandproud5rz.png

Last edited:
RA-D said:
aWOOHOO as Damon Albarn would say

CYMRU AM BYTH my sons, Wales 11 England 9!!!!! That was fun as the only Welshman in a pub of English fans!

waleswelshandproud5rz.png

The moment full time was blown I said to my dad if you know any Welshmen you'll hear from them this week.
We'll keep hearing about it as well like that incident at Wembley a couple of years ago.

Watched the England-France game in Twickenham yesterday (am Irish!) - two bad sides. Couldn't believe the amount of penalties England missed. 1 out of the 6 missed would have been enough to win. I know no team is a one man team. However, you guys are missing Johnny Wilkinson terribly....

The last couple of minutes was so annoying yesterday we could have so easily won both of our games but now I don't know what. We've not even played the best team yet.
Chin up though it's not all doom and gloom.
That Ireland France game is going to be very interesting.

I was intreseted to here the number of people saying things along the lines of: 'Oh, well France couldn't win by scoring more tries on us so they had to just sit back and kick all their points. Typical French'. And I promise that that last bit (two words) is a quote.

RA-D said:
I was intreseted to here the number of people saying things along the lines of: 'Oh, well France couldn't win by scoring more tries on us so they had to just sit back and kick all their points. Typical French'. And I promise that that last bit (two words) is a quote.

I can't believe someone said that! Obviously not this tournament but France usually play the most attractive rugby of any team on earth.

Party Boy said:
How many players from World Cup winning squad played against France? Each month, there seem to be more suffering with long term injuries or just retiring..

The injuries just seems to be a curse. When the World Cup was done I didn't think the retirement thing would be so overwhelming, I thought more people would be keener to hang around for the Lions Tour 'cause we all know they're a bit special. Still the Lions tour is getting a bit closer but we've got plenty of good Northern Hemisphere only Rugby to come over the next couple of weeks.

I guess with England you have had to creat a pretty much new team from the one that won the world cup. With Ireland the team is pretty much unchanged from last 2/3 years - when you have only a small pool of players to pick from, a bit like the Ireland soccer team, continuity is ensured that I guess help cover up gaps in actual ability.

wonderful game against france, wales deserves the six nations, but ireland is good too! anyway, what counts is that finally this year neither england nor france gonna win, this is good for the six nations, it needs more competition

we don't deserve the trophy if we don't beat Scotland and Ireland. I fear that the great tradition of Welsh sport, doing far above expectations but just missing out at the end, may rear it's ugly head once more :(

4 down, 1 to go...............................didn't see this as a decider at the start now, did we?

:up: :up: :up:

Wales is my second team after New Zealand. Got to love seeing them succeed.

I remain a faithful supporter of Italy..

(why do we have 2 threads for this topic??)

lady luck said:

(why do we have 2 threads for this topic??)

Because this is from last year, isn't it??? (I thought the same as you when I first saw it)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom