50 worse artists...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
obviously meant to ruffle feathers

K I totally don't agree with putting the goo goo dolls up there. I think that they are a talented band and you really can't form an opinion of them based on their success. Creed is discounted for the same reason. But they can't be one of the worst bands ever with 10 consecutive 1's on the modern rock chart. I will give you that Scott Stapp has a huge ego and his solo stuff is blah :blahblah:but Mark Tremonti's guitar work is unmatched in modern rock groups.

Plus I still like Oingo Boingo. :madspit:

How does Bon Jovi not make this list? They're like the most popular shitty band. I'm really surprised at the lack of cheese metal on there. No Warrant, Bulletboys, Skid Row, etc? Whitesnake is better than all those assholes, even if David Coverdale is a tool of the highest order.

Personally I'd put Motley Crue on there too as another band that gets way too much publicity and don't really offer anything original. And Vince Neil's voice sucks.

Los del rio - who can forget their timeless classic the Macarena?

Also, who are those bimbos who did that horrendous "Ketchup Song"??

blahhhhhhhhhh

lazarus said:
How does Bon Jovi not make this list? They're like the most popular shitty band. I'm really surprised at the lack of cheese metal on there. No Warrant, Bulletboys, Skid Row, etc? Whitesnake is better than all those assholes, even if David Coverdale is a tool of the highest order.

Personally I'd put Motley Crue on there too as another band that gets way too much publicity and don't really offer anything original. And Vince Neil's voice sucks.

Well, to be fair there are only so many slots on the list and there were an awful lot of horrible hair metal bands in the late 1980s. But I see your point about Whitesnake. Sure, they were completely unoriginal and Coverdale is a tool, but at least he could actually sing.

BonoVoxSupastar said:
Because I don't care about being cool...

I disagree with:

Toad the Wet Sprocket
The Doors
Gipsy Kings (not a big fan, but I respect)
Blind Melon
Bob Geldof (once, not a big fan, but...)
Live (first two albums were great)
Arrested Development
Primus (not a fan at all, but I have to give respect to one of the best bassists)

I think I love you, BVS.

intedomine said:

Blink 182's Enema of the State is class. I listened to it for first time in ages the other day. It's certainly improving with age.

Nothing wrong with the Goo Goo Dolls either. Sweet sounding songs. I need into get some of their albums.

Also, can anyone gimme any advice on how to get into Toad the Wet Sprocket. I know nothing of theirs, yet have heard comparisons with Dishwalla and the legendary Gin Blossoms. What were their hits? What were the lyrics like and what other bands are they comparable with?

They only had one major commercial single here. I have it somewhere. It's name I cannot recall, but I can sing it to you!

...Or not.
:hmm:

Back
Top Bottom