50 cent vs Kanye West

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dusty Bottoms

Acrobat
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20217246/

50 Cent promises to quit if Kanye outsells him
Rapper riled by forecasts that West’s new album could outpace his own

NEW YORK - 50 Cent believes his new album will outsell Kanye West’s upcoming disc, and he’s betting his solo career on it.

Both 50 Cent and West have albums due out Sept. 11. 50 Cent, who has sold better than West, has been riled by forecasts that sales of West’s “Graduation” could rival those for his “Curtis” CD.

“Let’s raise the stakes,” the 31-year-old rapper told hip-hop Web site SOHH.com in an interview posted Friday. “If Kanye West sells more records than 50 Cent on September 11, I’ll no longer write music. I’ll write music and work with my other artists, but I won’t put out anymore solo albums.”

Please let Kanye sell more copies.

Precisely.

kanyecover.jpg

He just knows his place.

:wink:

maybe it should've been:

The winner: nobody with a sense of good music... or ears

Last edited:
Is there some combinations of sales numbers that will get both of them to quit ?

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/Music/08/21/people.kanyewest.ap/index.html

Kanye West: 'Never cared about being No. 1'

NEW YORK (AP) -- Kanye West considers a certain "SexyBack" singer his biggest rival.

Kanye West says that he and Justin Timberlake "push each other."

"My biggest inspiration and biggest competition is Justin Timberlake," the 29-year-old rapper tells XXL magazine in its October issue, on newsstands September 11. "He's the only other person that gets an across-the-board response and respect level -- black radio, white radio."

"If Justin hadn't come out and killed the game, I can't say that my album, singles and videos would be on the same level that they're on," he says. "We push each other. I look at me and Justin like Prince and Michael Jackson in their day."

A sly dig at 50 Cent? Earlier this month, the 31-year-old gangsta rapper, whose real name is Curtis James Jackson, promised to quit his solo career if West's new album, "Graduation," outsells his upcoming CD, "Curtis." Both albums are due out September 11.

West, a six-time Grammy winner, tells XXL that he's "never cared about being No. 1." Record sales, he figures, aren't as important as how the music connects with people.

"I feel like my lyrics are, if not THE, then equal to, the realest lyrics out," he says. "I connected with so many people without talkin' about guns and drugs. ... It's harder to go to work 365 days than shoot a person in one day."

Further, "there's nothing about wearing a pink Polo that would make anyone believe that I would hold a gun," he says.

West realizes his flamboyant style and less-than-humble public behavior -- like throwing fits over not winning music awards -- could hinder his chances for success.

"... When people come up to you like, 'That was really good,' you're supposed to play stupid, like, 'Wow, you really think so?' "

"Because people can't really handle the truth," he continues. "But I am the truth. I'd rather be hated for what I am than loved for what I'm not."

Go Tupac. Fuck thats right he is dead, but the greatest Rapper of all time. But if I had to chose it would be Kanye over Fiddy any day.

Back
Top Bottom