5 stars threads

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sly Stallone said:

I wonder why :hmm:

Come work out with me. I´ll make you into the man you wanna buy. Loose the fur, and get a muscle or two. Thats all i´m asking.
One tiny weeny little muscle!!!!!. You can do it my friend :up:

Meet me tomorrow morning infront of fisketorvet. Wear some comfortable running clothes and a pair of stilletos. I know you prefer stilletos and i don´t want you to freak out if you have to run in normal shoes. We´ll ease you into a more masculine role along the way.
Then we´ll run around Copenhagen. And if you´re a good boy then i´ll buy you an apple.

Are you in????

:lol:

can I join :sexywink:

Yep :up:

U2Man needs all the back-up he can get in this situation.
And if you take Soul Wait with you, then that would be great. I feel like dancing :drool:

Sly Stallone said:

I wonder why :hmm:

Come work out with me. I´ll make you into the man you wanna buy. Loose the fur, and get a muscle or two. Thats all i´m asking.
One tiny weeny little muscle!!!!!. You can do it my friend :up:

Meet me tomorrow morning infront of fisketorvet. Wear some comfortable running clothes and a pair of stilletos. I know you prefer stilletos and i don´t want you to freak out if you have to run in normal shoes. We´ll ease you into a more masculine role along the way.
Then we´ll run around Copenhagen. And if you´re a good boy then i´ll buy you an apple.

Are you in????

you scare me .............. :wink:

The rating thing HAS to go.

I think it is by far the most WORTHLESS thing on this website. And the reasoning for keeping it: "I am not going to let terrorists rule my decision-making on forum features." Where is the logic there? :lol: Holy crap...just get rid of it already! It only creates unnecessary work for the volunteer mods and admins. [/rant]

NOW...I hope to NEVER see that picture of me in the silver pants and eye make-up EVER again. Please. I regret ever purchasing the outfit...little alone wearing it to that party. I hope you can all forgive me.

Thank you

I have been serious about this for a looong time and have been ignored.

I was dissapointed to see that thread locked down and pushed aside with such a lack of logic.

i agee with zoney

i guarantee you the thread ratings system has hurt more people that it has actually benefitted, so why is that a feature youd want to have on the site?

and then if we are discouraged from using it legitimately that makes even less sense to keep it around

There wouldnt be a problem if people didnt abuse the feature.

I'd actually like to see it gone as well.

Sicy said:

I'd actually like to see it gone as well.

And I truly feel that this is MORE than enough of a reason for Elvis to can it!

Seriously...you are a volunteer, and the last few star-rating events have taken entirely too much time of your life and has caused YOU stress.

But he's not going to let the terrorists win. :lol:

Chizip said:

i guarantee you the thread ratings system has hurt more people that it has actually benefitted, so why is that a feature youd want to have on the site?

I'm sure some people maybe thinking the same thing about you, however you're not really a feature - of the site anyway.

What I find incredibly irritating is that MANY people use the thread rating feature on a regular basis and do so without abusing it... but the few people that hate the feature are the ones lately abusing it to try and prove their own point.

What this tells me..... is that everytime a few individuals don't like a feature, and start abusing it, we should remove it?

If there are 5 people raising a stink about not liking something so trivial, does that really warrant such changes? 5 people is a very small piece of the pie.

Chizip, you seemed to be confused about what abuse is... yet, you were recently warned about this exact issue - just on a grander scale in PLEBA. Are you really confused, dont understand, or just playing stupid?

When you pervert the use of any feature on this site it's very easy to do a simple search either in the forum itself, the log files, or the database to see a specific member's behavior, or compare the behavior to other members. When I look at the threads you've rated, and your pattern of doing so, I see a VERY DIFFERENT PATTERN than that of EVERYONE ELSE rating threads. Your pattern is polarized/extreme in the rating value, you usually go on 'spurts' of rating one thread after another in a short amount of time, and you tend to focus on specific forums.... AND YOU SEEM TO HAVE USED THE RATINGS MORE THAN ANYONE ELSE has on an individual basis lately. YOU seem to be the only real 'problem'.

Before your and Queen Bee's angry little romp in 3 PLEBA forums there really was no overwhelming 'problem' with ratings. There was no ongoing perversion of the feature.

Just because you play in the same sand box with others you don't like to play with doesn't mean you must throw sand in their faces just because the sand is at your finger tips.

Calluna said:
But seriously folks, I'll tell you why there are so many five star threads around here lately. It's because somebody goes around and rates all the threads they don't like one star and then the people who do like the thread rate it five stars in order to counteract the initial poor rating.

So if they hadn't been given a low rating to begin with, then nobody would have rated it five stars. Does that make any sense?

Thats not true. Thread ratings do not even show up until multiple people have rated the thread. So if ONE person rated the entire forum 1 star on threads that had been previously unrated... NO ONE would see it. In PLEBA the 1 star trolling happened because Chizip and Queen Bee, in unison, decided to rate every thread in sight 1 star for this exact reason... they both knew that it had to be rated by multiple people to show up.

Elvis said:

I'm sure some people maybe thinking the same thing about you, however you're not really a feature - of the site anyway.

how does this NOT constitue a personal attack as against the forum rules?

i dont' know who rated the forums 5 stars and i dont really care either, what i do find interesting though is that bee and chizip had their throats jumped down over the PLEBA ratings yet this time when (presumably) its someone else, there doesn't seem to have been any sort of witch hunt and you're attacking them AGAIN instead of finding and punishing the people who actually did it this time.
that is of course presuming it WASN'T chizip and Bee again

Last edited:
I think the thread ratings upset A LOT more than five people.

To further prove a point, Joel...some of your most active (contributing) members have spoken in here. AND, the single woman who spends more time trying to keep this place a nice community (as a volunteer) has spoken...and you continue to go on a rant about how you want to keep this feature.

Explain to US (your contributing membership) why this feature is SOOOOOO important to you? WHY?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom