5 - # of Straya threads or # of times Melbourne has been crowned world's best city

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Two words: Scott Morrison.

It ain't over yet.

Yep, this possibility worries me. Looks like he hasn't got himself into contention yet, but if Turnbull turns into a flop... shit.

Interesting tactical considerations going on here. Turnbull must be confident, because he doesn't have Hockey and Hockey's hangers-on. Obviously Hockey is going to back Abbott because nobody else is dumb enough to keep him on as treasurer, but Turnbull must think that Hockey's circle is so small that it doesn't matter. Meanwhile, Turnbull's got Julie Bishop on his side and she'll bring WA with her.

The response of the Nats will be fascinating. Their dislike of Turnbull is no secret.

Turnbull's speech was phenomenal. Just spent five minutes burning Abbott with a flamethrower, it was fucking great.

So funny. Didn't even try to hide that he thinks Tone is a gigantic flog.

Also I think it's of huge consequence. Turnbull wins over disillusioned ALP voters as well as flaky Greens voters who only care about same-sex marriage and the environment. Maybe that gets evened out by losing the hardline conservatives, but a Turnbull-led Lib govt would be hugely different, in terms of presentation, but...

And of course even if they lose the hardline conservatives, almost all those votes will come back to the Libs via preferences. It's the centre, working class swing voters, and flaky upper class Greens where the real contest lies. Most of those were gone for Abbott but Turnbull will definitely snare some back.

My ideal outcome at the next federal election would be another minority Labor government with Tony Windsor and a few Greens holding the whip hand.

:up:

I think I'm leaning toward your earlier suggestion: best of all right now would be Abbott hangs on by his fingernails and swings in the wind like a carcass for the next year.

Ballot will be tonight. Abbott will run.

Bullshit from his speech like "you can trust me to deliver a stronger economy and a safer community" sounds like a pre-election pitch rather than 2+ years into office. Proof the man never got out of opposition attack dog mode.

It has been a perfect afternoon.

Turnbull drops bombs.
Jeff Kennett rants emotionally for 10 minutes on the ABC.
Shorten gives the most pathetic speech ever witnessed by a leader of the Oppn.
Tone finally does his presser, opens with "WE ARE NOT THE LABOR PARTY" and closes with "and BY GOD our country is better than this".

The ballot is tonight, I planned on unpacking but nope that's out the window now.

He will wipe the fucking floor with Shorten. ALP needs a spill too. Hopefully Ablo is off counting the numbers...

I wasn't going to drink tonight but I might have to crack a fucken beer it's gonna be a long night

Scott Morrison Stages Unexpected Leadership Coup, Declares Hair Regrowth Facilities Illegal

Jeff Kennett wishing a pox on both sides of parliament was hilarious.

I'm going to a gig solo tonight. Normally I make sure I have some good reading lined up on my phone to keep me occupied between sets. Don't think I'll need to worry this evening!

Dutton always puts me in mind of Keating's jibe at Wilson Tuckey back in the day... ''you blockhead, what would you know, you're flat out counting past ten.'

You know Abbott's desperate when Dutton - DUTTON! - is his fucking running mate. Who else could he even have chosen? Hockey?! That's worse, both for us if he wins and for his own chances of victory.

Hockey hilarious taking potshots and repeating the tired old inaccurate blather about only the STRAYAN PEEEEEPEL having the right to "hire and fire" leaders. All these years and he still can't get a grasp on how Westminster parliamentary democracy works.

I suspect Hockey won't be sending Malcolm a Christmas card this year.

Back
Top Bottom