5 hour Telephone conversation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AcrobatMan

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Song of the week "sentimental" by Porcupine Tree
I have heard concept of 5 hour phone conversation ? what do people talk about especially guys who talk with girls or vice versa ? Or in short what do girls like talking about on the phone ?
The Dos and Dont about talking to a girl on the phone and how to prolong the phone call and things like that.

I have had so many 5+ hour convos on the phone it is not even funny. But I don't really know what to tell you. I'm just talkative and have lots of subjects I usually want to discuss, so it just happens. :huh: Politics, travel, the economy, culture, music, books, whatever.

I can't remember if I ever phoned over 5 hours, but it is easy to phone for about 3 or 4 hours. :D Usually I talk about U2 ( :rolleyes: ) or computergames and the girl I'm phoning with tells me about her music thingies........but there are a lot of pauses in these phones when nobody knows what to say.
We're like: "Are you still on the line?"...................."yes"....................."okay"............................"still there?"......................."still".................
This leads to 5 hours in my case. :lol:

John and I have had some conversations that have lasted over 5 hours. In a long distance relationship, I like to think of phone calls as dates (at the end of every call, we set up a time for the next call to make sure the person being called will be ready and waiting for the phone to ring). On long conversations, I confess that we actually don't really talk about much...our lives our pretty boring. When we have nothing to talk about, our talks consist of a lot of I love you's and I miss you's and that sort of thing. Sometimes we're just goofy...we laugh and have fun and act like dorks. The minutes (and sometimes hours) just fly by sometimes...we don't even realize it. :)

i use to have 5hr. phone conversations nightly for about 3 mths with a friend of mine that i went to school with. he and i would talk about everything. it was weird. i would quiz him on cosmo, we would watch tv together, he would hear my complaints about my boyfriend at the time. it was fun. we finally gave up and just started to hang out all the time. he would come over to my apt. and stay there all night...:ohmy:

My phone calls are usually extreamly short, 5 min maybe
they always seem to be about computer games, organising an outing or something crass

5hrs wtf! i would be sooo board

wow 5rs, doesnt ya ear get all sweaty
dont u have to eat and use the water closet and wank(just kidding)

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: 5hrs no way!

..I can't even comprehend 5 hours!! I struggle with 5 minutes..me and the phone just don't get on..~..

I've had many 5+ hour phone conversations. In junior high my friend and I used to talk from 7pm till about 2am regularly! It was ridiculous, I know. And what did we talk about? Just anything and everything- somehow we were able to fill up the time.

zooshadow said:
My phone calls are usually extreamly short, 5 min maybe
they always seem to be about computer games, organising an outing or something crass

uhoh!

Sometimes I suck at the phone, but I have had many long phone convos in the past. I think it's rare when you can find a friend with whom you can spend so long talking to without getting bored, so I think it's really cool when I find myself joking and talking to someone for a long time.

:)

I used to have 5,6,7,8! hour conversations on the phone. Then I got an all-purpose cell phone and I'm given a minimium number of minutes, so I have to conserve time use.

i recently talked to a friend of mine on the phone for almost 5 hours. we talked about anything, and everything. we laughed, made fun of the echoes the phones made, listened to music, sang u2 songs....it was a great conversation:yes:

When i had said 5 hour phone conversation (copied from train lyrics in fact ) , i didnt mean it literally. It was a way to say long phone conversation. I didnt think anyone could every talk for more than 30-40 minutes or may be 1hr. But I am :ohmy: by the response. There are the ones with 7,8 hours as well... :silent:

NO WAY 5+ hours!!!! The most is an hour tops.

It depends on the person I'm talking too. Me and my best friend have our daily morning phone call at work and we can spend up to an hour easily on the phone acting like goofballs and the hour flies by.

But if I'm on the phone with someone who does the majority of the babbling, sometimes I actually start to feel faint!!! I'm not kidding!!

I've never actually gone 5 hours, but Melissa (the gf) and I sometimes have some really long conversations. We actually usually talk about the silliest, most pointless stuff... like becoming pirates or the intricacies of snorting, or what it would be like if I didn't have a head. It's not pointless though, really... it's a lot of fun... what can I say, we're geeks! Of course what's been going on in our lives always crops up, and sometimes we get into various aspects of our relationship, and sometimes philosophy and religion. Our first phone conversation was very little over 8 months ago when I asked her out. I'll stop now before I get all sappy :love:

It all depends on the girl, some girls don't really like talking on the phone I imagine... the best thing to do is bring up different topics/types of conversation and see which she seems to like the most, I guess.

Back
Top Bottom