3734 Elvis Presley Blvd, Memphis, TN, Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Charlotte. :wave:

I'm willing to bet Dutch crowds are rowdy compared to those here. God, Australia's good at putting on BORING crowds.

Did you see anybody stand up in the stands at the shows you went to? I saw one guy stand at the Adelaide show, then after a minute or so a bogan yelled out something like "sit down, ya bugger, we got these seats for a reason!".

I actually really don't get it. Do we have a reputation of being rowdy? I've never heard of it!

Well compared to a boring US crowd we might be. I never knew Ozzies were boring crowds too.

Is South Australia so rowdy then? :wink:

Well, European crowds in general have a reputation for going off and being pretty good, I think.

The Boston crowds I saw left most Aussie crowds for dead. The whole venue in Boston stood for U2 ... every show I've seen in Australia, if you give people seats, they'll just stay sitting unless the singer urges them to stand up.

I'm going to try to come up with a potential itinerary tonight or tomorrow ... I need to talk to Alison about Liechtenstein.

With Dublin, do we want to stay there for a few days after the gig, or go somewhere else cheaper in Ireland?

Well I don't mind either, but it would be less of a hassle to just stay in the condo. We could just buy food in supermarkets and make our own dinners and such to save expenses. And it's just a few days.

Did you see anybody stand up in the stands at the shows you went to? I saw one guy stand at the Adelaide show, then after a minute or so a bogan yelled out something like "sit down, ya bugger, we got these seats for a reason!".

Damn. Here you'd only have one person sitting down and the rest standing!

Well I don't mind either, but it would be less of a hassle to just stay in the condo. We could just buy food in supermarkets and make our own dinners and such to save expenses. And it's just a few days.

Yeah ... I'm just wondering how we'd go with heading to other parts of the country for day trips. Will have to look up Irish trains and stuff, see how long they take. Because as I've said before, I want to see more than just Dublin.

I actually really don't get it. Do we have a reputation of being rowdy? I've never heard of it!

Well compared to a boring US crowd we might be. I never knew Ozzies were boring crowds too.

Is South Australia so rowdy then? :wink:

I think that Australians at least see the Dutch as being pretty chill.

Apparently we're very rude. And I've heard this from Sydneysiders! Must be a lie, they think we're also all serial killers. Are people serial killers in Dutchworld too?

Well, European crowds in general have a reputation for going off and being pretty good, I think.

The Boston crowds I saw left most Aussie crowds for dead. The whole venue in Boston stood for U2 ... every show I've seen in Australia, if you give people seats, they'll just stay sitting unless the singer urges them to stand up.

Actually, is NZ the same?

Meh, tired. You?
I'm still happy. Going home early today skipping a lecture of a subject I absolutely despise. And we've leftover rice, so I'll be having Nasi Goreng for lunch. :drool:

If being into the show and happy dancing/singing along is rowdy, then yes, I think we are. Rowdy seems such a negative term though.

Wow, they all stay seated when you're at a concert? Why?

Actually, is NZ the same?

I didn't actually pay attention at Vertigo Auckland, and they're the only concerts I've seen in New Zealand. The rest of my family hates Aussie crowds though and have spoken of people usually standing in New Zealand. First concert my Mum saw in Australia, she got on her feet straight away, expecting everybody else to ... the woman behind her physically pulled Mum back into her seat. Mum didn't go to another concert for about seven years.

Supermarket. It has a distinct odour, and not a nice one like coffee or pizza or bacon.
:yuck: Oh I know that smell. It's on my work jacket everytime I take it out of the locker. Even when I have washed it the day before.

I think that Australians at least see the Dutch as being pretty chill.

Apparently we're very rude. And I've heard this from Sydneysiders! Must be a lie, they think we're also all serial killers. Are people serial killers in Dutchworld too?

How can we not be chill? According to lots of foreigners we're permanently stoned. I can tell ya, I'm VERY chillllllllllll when stoned.

Hm, I don't recall much serial killers here.. to be honest, I don't recall any but I assume there must be a few. We've loads of underground scene crimes here though, drug/extortion murders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom