30 rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dazzlingamy

Refugee
The city of blinding lights and amazing coffee - M
anyone watching this?

Being a big fan of Tina Fey, i've been downloading eps, and i think its fantastic! Sure its a little fluffy, there are a hell of a lot of in jokes, but the cast works, the humour is good, and there are lots of funny moments!

What do y'all think? I know its not gotten very good reviews and isn't getting a huge audience.

I watched the first episode and thought it was just okay, so I stopped watching for a while.

Then I randomly caught an episode a few weeks ago and laughed pretty hard. The moral? Never judge a TV show by its pilot. :wink:

Alec Baldwin is completely awesome on this show. I wasn't a Tracy Morgan fan when he was on SNL, but he's pretty good on this. The only one I'm not a big fan of is the blonde woman (blanking on her name right now).

i didn't like the first few episodes but I caught it recently and laughed the whole time. I love Tina Fey. Maybe the time change will improve the ratings

Yeah, i think it really is quite a good show Alec Baldwin is perfect in his role and really works well with Tina Fey! hehehehe

Tracey Morgan is funny as well, and even Jane blahblah (the blonde one) is quite unny!

I do think it suffered from a 'meh' not that funny start, and then people stopped watching, but it really is good! :)

start watching peeps. Then it will come back next season!!

sooooooooooooo anyone still watching this show? I am! and I am loving every minute of it! [/george]

it seriously is the funniest new comedy since arrested development! Tina is such a great writer, and Alec Baldwin... what a star :drool:

I think it just keeps getting better! :D

Anyone else still watching?!

My favorite scene from my favorite episode:
2007011830rockbw2hj6.jpg

:lol:

This show has really become something awesome. And hilarious. I much prefer it over The Office these days.

Although the show has its funny moments, I am distracted by the inclusion of political commentary.

I just discovered this show in the past few weeks - have caught up with the first season and now I'm hooked. I love it! I always said Tina Fey was the funniest part of SNL for many, many years. and I liked a couple of Tracy Morgan's characters, too. They're awesome in this series, as is Alec Baldwin. It's not quite on the level of The Office, which might possibly be one of my favourite shows period of all time, but this is definitely in the upper echelon for me. It was a nice find, because I haven't really even watched a sit-com since Friends ended.

boosterjuice said:
Although the show has its funny moments, I am distracted by the inclusion of political commentary.

"I can't make it, I'm going to Ann Coulters 60th birthday party"

It's very funny, and does get better and better.

dazzlingamy, it starts on Australian tv over the summer. Channel 7. DVD's are out here in March.

Besides House and The Office, this is the only other show I keep up with. It's very witty and downright hilarious, yet I have yet to know anybody who likes it, which is a shame cause I know too many people who like Earl ...which I find painfully unfunny.
Anywho, I hope the show sticks around for a while cause I would certainly miss it.
Tina Fey is great, I especially love her character.. Ms. Lemon. Alec Baldwin is simply perfect and every line he delivers is gold..solid gold.

Tracy Morgan..has yet to convince me..we'll see with season 2.

Werewolf Bar Mitzvah
Spooky, scary
Boys becoming men
Men becoming wolves

I lost it. I absolutely lost it.

elevation2u said:
It's very witty and downright hilarious, yet I have yet to know anybody who likes it, which is a shame cause I know too many people who like Earl ...which I find painfully unfunny.
Tina Fey is great, I especially love her character.. Ms. Lemon. Alec Baldwin is simply perfect and every line he delivers is gold..solid gold.

I agree with you totally here! I don't care for Earl at all...never have thought it was funny...but this show is hilarious to me. I convinced someone I work with to start watching and she watched last week for the 1st time and loved it.:)

It's a bit too much of the eccentric style comedy (most of The Simpsons, Arrested Development, The Office, etc) that's unrealistic, much easier to write for, and toward which all comedies degenerate once they've run out of ideas, but Alec Baldwin is gold! I don't care about anyone else, especially Tracy Morgan's ridiculousness, but, man, Alec Baldwin's hilarious!

Thought the resolution was ridiculous and didn't care for what the other characters did, but -- again -- Alec Baldwin was phenomenal! Just a joy to watch.

corianderstem said:
Oh my god, the scene with Donaghey and Tracy in the psychologist's office .... :lmao: :lmao: !!

OMG I laughed my ass off...and my other favorite line....when Lemon asks what part of town they are in and Carrie fisher says "we call it Little Chechnya" hahahahahahaha

i ADORE this show. Seriously up there with AD!

I have the biggest vajayjay crush on Tina fey, and when Alec Balwin does his crackly, low voice... HOOOOOOOT.

I think everyone in the show is funny, i love the sort of surrealistic ideas going on, and i just ADORE the show!

corianderstem said:
Oh my god, the scene with Donaghey and Tracy in the psychologist's office .... :lmao: :lmao: !!

That was brilliant. And the build up to, when Tracy described all he knew about his father and Alec Baldwin sort of focused and got into character. And then went into the whole Good Times bit. Friggin awesome. And "Mrs. Rodriguez" - HAHA. Brilliant.

Another great line was between Tina Fey and Alec Baldwin -

"Don't you have any money?"
"I have 12 thousand in checking."
"Are you an immigrant?"

HAHAHA.

Oh man, that was HYSTERICAL!

They handled Kenneth's party perfectly - not showing it except brief flashback clips.

"You ate all my parakeet's medication, and now Sonny Crockett's been having seizures all morning."

:lmao:

David Schwimmer was great, Al Gore's cameo was funny, and the smiley earth bursting into flames? Made of AWESOME.

Man, I laughed hard the entire last 10 minutes.

tonight's episode was certainly not the best
of the season, there were defintiely some funny moments but not many. overall, david schwimmer is always lame, unfunny and annoying in everything i've ever seen him in, hope he never makes another appearance on the show!

Back
Top Bottom