24: Day 6 - Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
trevster2k said:
I have this horrible feeling that Jack's dad survived too and will reappear like the Phantom of the Opera all disfigured.

Yeah, we never saw him die. And Jack left him right next to the escape boat.

Man, that was bad.

The writters should feel ashamed of themselves and resign.

this season was pretty weak

the finale was even worse

perhaps next season will be set in China

that could breath some new life into this corpse of a series

It's amazing how last season was so acclaimed critically and fanatically (is that a word?) and how it went down the shitter so fast this season.

That has to be some type of record.

I didn't mind the finale so much simply because it was pretty much all Jack...but for the love of God what does this mean for next season :tsk:

I was just thinking though...I hope it's not true, because I'd hate for Tony to be a bad guy, but when the DVD comes out for season 6 you don't think that whole Tony plot-line will be the preview for season 7?

There's an article in TV Guide where one of the producers says next year is going to be different in every way possible. Most of it won't be in L.A., and CTU will hardly be seen.

Sounds promising. I hope it's true. They know this season was a big letdown and I think they'll bounce back in a big way next year.

At least I hope they do.

They bounced back after Season 4 with Season 5, so I think they can do it.

The plot may have stunk, but the acting saved it, the last 15 minutes of the finale were just awe-inspiring. It makes you remember what 24 really could be, great human drama with exciting action, but as action has taken precedence over plot and character it suffers.

Also, they should have done away with CTU/terrorism/LA after Day 3, I've always wanted to see them take on political intrigue in Washington, hopefully the producers realize that it's time to change.

Are the debriefs supposed to be like the prequels on the DVD sets? Or is this a new idea?

After watching those, I watched the Season 6 prequel again. What a wasted opportunity this past season was. They could have went in so many different directions with that China storyline.

LemonMacPhisto said:
Are the debriefs supposed to be like the prequels on the DVD sets? Or is this a new idea?

its a new idea tied in with some credit card sponsorship. youre supposed to use the card to be able to see the debriefs, but of course they find their way to youtube.

im not really sure how many episodes there will be, but i guess its just supposed to show what happens a bit after day 6.

Mr. BAW said:
This morning, the local Fox station reports that Day 7 is now delayed 8 weeks after having filmed in Asia and Africa...:|

So let me get this straight: instead of filming in Asia last year like they should have producers gave us one hell of a disappointing season.

Now, presumably after realizing their error they actually go overseas to do some filming and the season has been delayed?

Yeah, that sounds about right.:|

From the Ausiello Report:

Exclusive: 24 Plot Tossed, Production Delayed
Season 7 of 24 promises to be its tensest yet. At least on the set.

Execs at the Fox hit have scrapped virtually their entire storyline for the season, delaying the start of production by roughly three weeks. According to sources, the 11th-hour time-out was called after the network put the kibosh on a costly plan to shoot a number of episodes in Africa. Producers briefly toyed with the idea of finding a location in Los Angeles that could sub for the continent, but ultimately, decided to ditch the whole concept and start over from scratch.

Although a 20th Century Fox spokesperson declined to comment, 24's expert scowler, Mary Lynn Rajskub, confirms that the clock for Day 7 has been reset. "I don't know what's going on over there, but they're going crazy," says the scene-stealer, who only learned last week that Chloe would even be returning. "We usually start [back up] at the end of July, and I don't think we're starting until a couple weeks into August now. It's kind of exciting, because I think [the postponement] means that they're really having to dig in there and come up with new stuff."

No doubt, the show's creative team already was feeling the pressure: Day 6 was considered to be about as explosive as a wet firecracker, so for season 7, they really needed a plot that was incendiary. In fact, news of the setback comes on the same day the semi-annual Television Week critic's poll (in which yours truly participated) named 24 the second worst show on TV, behind ABC's best-not-traveled October Road.

For more on 24's big rewrite — including what impact it'll have on plans to introduce the show's first female president — check out Ask Ausiello this Wednesday.

The rumors about the plot of Season 7 seemed really shitty anyway.

Walid would probably get the shit kicked out of him on a daily basis, too. :lol:

The only show on TV that is essential viewing....Season 6 was a ripper. Not as good as the masterpiece that was Season 5, but still a great yarn.

Here's hoping Phil Bauer isn't dead...and more importantly, here's hoping that my favourite character of all time, Charlie Logan, is not dead....

Could we please have Chapelle's Ghost in Season 7?

Uhm, I'll take a radioactive George Mason ghost, please.

"Dammit, George!"

Back
Top Bottom