2014 FIFA World Cup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was one of the few times in my life where I felt sorry for my United supporting friends:D

Anyway football seems to run in 10 to 20 year cycles regarding styles. The 4-4-2 is bound to make a comeback at some point.

Costa Rica quite impressed me tonight as have Columbia (got them in my work's world cup draw)

Hope the refs won't fail this match. Kuipers is a good one. And this match should be interesting too. Might as well watch as I"m still awake.

For a guy who needs a cane to walk, this Pirlo chap seems ok.

I wonder about the England defense late in this game in the heat.

Pulling for England though so I ate my own fish and chips in honor. :wave:

Apparently Pirlo was 103 for 108 passing the ball tonight, with many of the passes having a decent degree of difficulty.

Other teams might want to look into pressuring him when he has the ball, or not letting him get the ball in the first place.

England tried to do that, but I think his beard is just too sexy, it distracted them. He also owns a vineyard.

I think England could do Uruguay, but then Suarez will be back. Costa Rica though after that result against Uruguay, I can see them doing well against England.

Anyway England vs Uruguay is setup to be a fun game now, with both needing a win.

who is watching the Ivory Coast Japan game???? they bought Drogba on and all of a sudden they had two goals in as many minutes. fucking nuts.

maybe I don't hate soccer after all.

who is watching the Ivory Coast Japan game???? they bought Drogba on and all of a sudden they had two goals in as many minutes. fucking nuts.

maybe I don't hate soccer after all.

Watching it. I wasn't expecting much of this game at first.

Wanted to watch the Japan game but my trip to Ikea took longer than expected. This isn't going well.

England tried to do that, but I think his beard is just too sexy, it distracted them. He also owns a vineyard.

I think England could do Uruguay, but then Suarez will be back. Costa Rica though after that result against Uruguay, I can see them doing well against England.

Anyway England vs Uruguay is setup to be a fun game now, with both needing a win.

I'm Uruguayan and all I can say I'm really disappointed with my team, I don't know if they thought it was going to be a easy match, you could notice the lack of a player like Suarez, Forlan is not good as he was in the last World Cup and Cavani did the best he could. Also, the defense failed sometimes.
Tabarez (our coach) has to make several changes in the way of playing for the next matches and I really hope that Suarez will be ready for the match against England otherwise I do not think Uruguay is going to pass the group stage!

I wish the US had a veteran like Drogba in case we need a goal late to come in fresh and change everyone around him...

Oh, he's sitting home in Los Angeles. Maybe they'll be the ones in charge and won't need it though... (doubt it, especially against Portugal)

I'm Uruguayan and all I can say I'm really disappointed with my team, I don't know if they thought it was going to be a easy match, you could notice the lack of a player like Suarez, Forlan is not good as he was in the last World Cup and Cavani did the best he could. Also, the defense failed sometimes.
Tabarez (our coach) has to make several changes in the way of playing for the next matches and I really hope that Suarez will be ready for the match against England otherwise I do not think Uruguay is going to pass the group stage!

I know Lugano is your captain and all but honestly I have never seen him play well. Your attack though should be able to carry the team. I can't imagine the England game being a very cautious one.

I wish the US had a veteran like Drogba in case we need a goal late to come in fresh and change everyone around him...

Oh, he's sitting home in Los Angeles. Maybe they'll be the ones in charge and won't need it though... (doubt it, especially against Portugal)

We talking about Donovan? Not seen him in a bit but I'm assuming his pace has probably dropped off a bit. Drogba has never really relied on his pace, it's more his presence in the box and in around defenders where he was most effective, Donovan I can't imagine having the same game changing effect.

We talking about Donovan? Not seen him in a bit but I'm assuming his pace has probably dropped off a bit. Drogba has never really relied on his pace, it's more his presence in the box and in around defenders where he was most effective, Donovan I can't imagine having the same game changing effect.

Donovan could probably run at top speed for 15-30 minutes at the end of a match if we need a goal (and his deliveries are also valuable as well). That being said, I'm not the one who saw him with the rest of the team in training camp so I'm loath to criticize Klinsmann's decision just yet.

I'd be very surprised if Suarez is able to make a difference. When you have knee surgery, the leg muscles and motor control go away very quickly and it usually takes a very long time for them to come back (a couple months at least).

That was a great finish indeed! Laughed hard though, our commentor stupidly said a minute earlier that it was definitely going to end in a tie. So I said to my dad that he could not possibly know that, and anything is still possible until the game ends. And bam, goal. :lol: It was a pretty one too.

It'll be interesting to see France without Ribery.

I miss Reus bigtime, he's my favourite German player. :sad: And Ribery was France's strong point along with Benzema. They are playing pretty okay.

Yea I was gutted about Reus. He's one of my favourite players. But the Germans are still strong without him. Can't wait for their opener against Portugal tomorrow, should be great!

I really hate what has happened with Dortmund the past 2 years with losing 2 of their best players to Bayern, Gotze and Lewandowski, it just feels wrong. At least they do still have Reus.

Anyway hoping to see France stick a few past this Honduras side who have been playing the most negative football so far this World Cup. Griezmann is looking an excellent player...he's been one of my favourites in Football Manager the past few years so its nice to see him doing well in the real world.

France is doing great, I'm impressed! And the goal line technology has shown it's worth already. :D

I hope Germany wreck Portugal bigtime. I just cannot stand Ronaldo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom