2014 FIFA World Cup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last design that you would expect from Killjoy Qatar. Wonder if the roof is retractable?

Everything is going wrong at the moment. Burkina Faso eliminated, Iceland's fairy tale seemingly extinguished and France have called back the 2-nil deficit, but if Ukraine could just get that Away Goal...

What is a country the size of Rhode Island going to do with all these stadiums after the Cup?

So all nominated Countries:

Africa: Algeria, Cameroon, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Nigeria.
Asia+Oceania: Australia, Iran, Japan, South Korea.
Europe: Belgium, Bosnia-Hercegovina, Croatia, England, Germany, Greece, Italy, Netherlands, Russia, Switzerland, Spain, France, Portugal.
North America: Costa Rica, Honduras, United States.
South America: Argentina, Brazil (hosts), Colombia, Ecuador, Chile.

Forgot Mexico lad. And Uruguay will almost certainly secure their qualification at home today against Jordan.

Mexico battered NZ so they are there

Will be a rubbish world cup for England- wouldnt be surprised to see if they lose in the group stage

No class players - Wilshire is rubbish, and i say that as an Arsenal fan!

Forgot Mexico lad. And Uruguay will almost certainly secure their qualification at home today against Jordan.

Just checked, I still ain't a "LAD":wink: Wasn't planning to be one anyway.
Sorry for missing out on those, but when this information was posted,
I didn't knew about them qualifying yet. Chill.

Sad that NZ didn't get in, but not a surprise.

Draw time: hoping that we draw Switzerland, Algeria and Croatia and that we avoid a possible group of Brazil, Netherlands and Italy!

watching here too. I'm afraid where goig to get a poule of death like most draws. Here goes nothing

Great, Spain, Chili and Australia. Not that easy, but could have been worse..
And we are also very lucky that we will be playing in Rio.. No long flights and extreme temperature changes.

The USA are screwed as are Australia and England. France have the easiest group imaginable, lucky considering they were unseeded. Anglophone countries are done for.

USA :lol:.

We've got a pretty good group. South-Korea, Russia and Algeria aren't exactly world-beaters. Problem is we'll probably face Portugal or Germany afterwards.

Belgium as a team are much stronger than Portugal. I would fancy them against the Portuguese.

We definitely have a chance but Portugal always do well in the big tournaments. Ronaldo can always score a hattrick.

First, we have to win the group though. Germany is the one you really want to avoid.

FUCKING FIFA!!!

AGAIN with Spain
AGAIN in the group next to Brazil

Now with NETHERLANDS

Fuck it, we have to beat them all :angry:

VAMOS CHILE!!!

Psh USA beat Portugal at the World Cup before, they can do it again. :up:

Unlikely though... :reject:

But still, we all know top teams stumble. Italy finishing last behind NZ in 2010, anyone? France performed awful as well. Would it be such a shock if Portugal stumbled? Or if Chile beat Netherland or Spain on South American soil?

Jealous on Belgiums group :lol: Niels, your team is going to fly through those games as smooth as a magic carpet ride.

Anything can happen, that's what makes it the best sporting competition in the world.

USA could match up ok against the Germans with Klinsmann at the helm, and this Portuguese outfit aren't at the same level as the Portugal of the last decade. They could push through.

Australia.. It couldn't get much worse for us. The match against Chile is closer to Chile than it is Rio. If other results in the group go our way (ie. plenty of draws) and we can sneak a win against Chile, all could work out ok but there is a lot of work for Postecoglou to do in the next 6 months .

Some fantastic groups. Might try and get a ticket to Argentina vs Bosnia. Would be a ripper.

My 2nd team will be Belgium.

I'd say we're maybe 30% to survive the group. The draw couldn't have gone much worse for us, but anything can happen in a short tournament...

I hate the round-of-sixteen matchup that awaits Brazil. Ugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom