2012 AFL Thread IV - Where Fremantle win the Grand Final between Hawthorn & Sydney

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I remember back around '08 when I started posting, the AFL thread could barely get about 300 posts.

Now we're on our fourth for the year ...

Wait until Dwayne Russell develops/is given an American accent. Or something.

With due apologies to Daniel's thread (nice titles for both, guys! :lol: ), looks like we're pumping the AFL IVs here.

I was coming to make the same remark inte did at the end of the last thread - terrible shame Richmond now can no longer finish ninth! Best they can hope for is tenth.

Next round's ludicrous result: Gold Coast smashes Adelaide in Adelaide and somehow moves up to 16th on the ladder. :laugh:

I was coming to make the same remark inte did at the end of the last thread - terrible shame Richmond now can no longer finish ninth! Best they can hope for is tenth.

Richmond deserves it more than either Carlton or St. Kilda, who both only seem to give a shit half the time. Richmond are more consistently competitive, and they'll likely be finals competitors next season, barring injury.

Ooh!

A dilemma.

Maybe Collingwood fans can post in this one.

I like the title though, because it sort of aptly describes the season, which is probably what you were going for.

Let's merge the threads into "2012 AFL Thread IV - Freo win the Grand Final; nobody gives a Ratten". :wink:

Axver said:
Let's merge the threads into "2012 AFL Thread IV - Freo win the Grand Final; nobody gives a Ratten". :wink:

Sounds good to me. If only any mods cared enough about AFL to moderate these threads :wink:

Wow, I think that was my worst ever round of tipping... No, I got 3 in Round 7, apparently.

Stupid law of averages. Should have quit the coin-tossing while I was ahead!

Wow, I think that was my worst ever round of tipping... No, I got 3 in Round 7, apparently.

Stupid law of averages. Should have quit the coin-tossing while I was ahead!

Yeah, this was my worst round ever too, just 4 tips. My tipping really has had the same fortunes as my team. :sigh:

Hey, where's the humorous Axver-concocted title merge?

Evidently not good enough. :(

Despite having an unremarkable week with 6 correct, I still managed to increase my lead. We're probably all tipping the same way next round, barring one or two (Carlton/St. Kilda is baffling; both teams will probably forfeit, it's just a matter of who does first), so I'm going to pat myself on the back now.

Who the fuck thought it would be a good idea to get Gerard Wheatley and Mark Robinson to co-host? This AFL 360 is absolute drivel. Wheatley's not a bad commentator and Robbo's a good writer but neither of them should be hosting.

Not a bad OP at all. I think they can contend for top 4 providing they don't get struck down by injuries like in 2011.

"The north game was weird :s"

Mmm, insightful.

At any rate, they're probably in the best form since entering in 95. It all comes down to who wins by more: North over GWS or Freo over Melbourne. North wins by more and Freo plays WC. Freo win by more and they play Geelong.

Well that makes a mockery of my post.

Looking at that season on Wikipedia makes me feel like I've been taking crazy pills.

Also have no recollection of Sydney winning the quali 85-84 then losing the GF in that exact same score.

Welp, I got tickets for Essendon/Collingwood on Saturday. I know it'll be torture, but I wanted to take mum to a game while she's over from NZ and I would like to see my team play once this season, even if they suck!

Who the fuck thought it would be a good idea to get Gerard Wheatley and Mark Robinson to co-host? This AFL 360 is absolute drivel. Wheatley's not a bad commentator and Robbo's a good writer but neither of them should be hosting.

It's the most awkward show on the planet. But you'll get used to it. It took me until this year to begin to tolerate the two together. Although I must admit the show was better when Gerard was in London.

LM shouldn't brag too early about tips, since I presume the competition runs through the finals too.

Fremantle are in a hurry | BigFooty AFL Forum

What do you guys think of this? Could Freo be a major player these finals/next year? Long OP, but he's making a solid case.

It's a good OP with a good point, but I'm not sure I agree that strongly. The big rising teams next year are Adelaide (I'm still predicting them to make the prelim at best, and possibly lose both finals), Carlton, and Essendon ... and if the last two seasons are anything to go by, one random team from this year's bottom six. Freo top four in 2014? Not next year.

At any rate, they're probably in the best form since entering in 95. It all comes down to who wins by more: North over GWS or Freo over Melbourne. North wins by more and Freo plays WC. Freo win by more and they play Geelong.

Honestly, Freo's more a chance of winning against West Coast than if they have to fly east to play the Cats. I wonder if they'll aim for a sluggish win over Melbourne just to let North go ahead of them.

Though of course, that's all moot if the Eagles make it to the top four.

I tipped Fremantle for top 4 THIS year, so I am very welcome of any further success that they have over the next month. Can't deny that there are some brilliant players in that squad. It's just a shame that injury has halted them quite horribly over the past few seasons. Morabito is still in injury wars, and I don't think he'll ever live up to the immense promise that he showed when he was fit.

I'm just not convinced that Ross Lyon can coach a team to a premiership. Honestly think the Saints would've won 2010 if they'd had almost any other coach.

Back
Top Bottom