2012 AFL Thread III - Why Do We Even Bother With Our Stupid Teams?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Suffice to say, I'm actually a little glad I didn't go to the game yesterday, as I got an invitation to afternoon tea with some people I hadn't seen for a long time. So I felt like a bad fan, but I'll definitely be going to the Port game in a few weeks, where hopefully the result won't be quite as absolutely, disgustingly miserable. Well done, Crows. I will probably be sick of you by the end of the season, but if we're kicked out in the finals before you (something that I'm becoming increasingly worried will be the case), I'll be rooting for you to take the flag.

Guy coming second at work in tipping got within two of me on Friday night. Not quite sure why he tipped Melbourne last night, guess he fall for the home game in Melbourne trap.

Nethertheless I'm three Infront still :cabbagepatch:

Vlad n U 2 said:
McGuane is the definition of a team killer.

He was actually quite useful against the Deez two weeks back, was a passenger in a losing side last week against Gold Coast and was back to his old self today.. a severe liability.

Our prospects of playing finals are pretty much gone, unless we can secure wins against both Essendon and Carlton and win against all of the supposed "weaker" teams, Brisbane, Footscray and Port Power. Not too fussed if we miss out, seeing as 7th and 8th are a waste of time anyway.

Was loving the impressive West Sydney scoreline at half-time. Shame they managed to kick a few goals to look "respectable".

Strange round of football. Apparently, Melbourne played Power but did anyone bat an eyelid?!

I watched that Melbourne/Port game. It was extremely and uneventfully poor if you exclude Howe's hanger. It's the sort of game everyone has forgotten now.

bono_man2002 said:
Guy coming second at work in tipping got within two of me on Friday night. Not quite sure why he tipped Melbourne last night, guess he fall for the home game in Melbourne trap.

Nethertheless I'm three Infront still :cabbagepatch:

I made the lazy mistake of thinking it was being played in Melbourne, so when I saw too late that it was at TIO I was a bit annoyed at myself. I imagine there are probably more Power fans up there too.

Every time I wake up after drinking heavily with an extremely and uneventfully poor hangover, I'm pretty pleased with myself.

But how dramatically he has turned from being one of the better forwards in the league into a spud! And Dawes has had a poor season as well.

It shows how exemplary the Carringbush midfield is, Pendlebury, Beams, Sidebottom... And Swan is just a machine of efficiency and effectiveness that churns out 40-odd touches a game, and does it do effortlessly and nonchalantly! What a star

He's far from being a spud, I'll give him that. He's a douche, a daddy's boy who probably would be still living on their couch if not for the money he's mad through footy. I'm not bagging the guy because I'm a Collingwood fan, I want the guy to succeed (I suppose my earlier post was not showing that) I'm bagging the guy because he and his "management" have made this whole fucking thing about him. The old saying is a no one player is bigger than the club could not be truer. Pendles signed a one year extension last year because he knew about he CBA then signed for another 2 after this year. Swannie could care less about money as long as he can eat a few extra cheeseburgers every weekend. Beams took a pay cut, he's been superb this year. Could have got a lot more money elsewhere. Daisy, Sidey et all have probably taken less for a better chance at success.

Trav is the exception and has had a shocking year, but no way is he worth as much even If he is a former AA. He and Dawes barely deserve a spot in the squad at the moment. (this isn't coming from the loss on the weekend either) I can't recall the last game we won of Clokes boot. He was pretty good in a losing squad in the GF last year.

I'm just so glad the club has put its foot down and the clokes will either realise how stupid they are or he goes to another club.

Calling for a minor upset: Adelaide, with their impressive 6-2 road record, will beat the Cats. I think.

In spite of missing those three tips earlier in the season, I'm only two games back. :hyper:

x2.

Cloke and - especially - his dad just come across as staggeringly greedy. He'd be a fool to go elsewhere, but at this rate, if I were Collingwood, I'd be showing him the door with a few words about the team being more important than just him on the way out.

Is Dawes out of contract? Because I wouldn't be hurrying to re-sign him if he is.

I'm surprised he's still in the team on the basis of his current form! I guess you've got nobody right now who can fill that spot?

I am ready to announce the AFL team I barrack for. After careful consideration and viewing several matches this year, with much apologies to Essendon, Geelong, and...whatever third team I mentioned (carlton? hawthorn? I forget & CBF to go look), I am proud to say that I support the Richmond Tigers Football Club.

You can all stop teasing me about barracking for too many teams now. :tongue: You may continue teasing me for being a Tiges supporter.

This is good.

The stars will align and the Blues will beat the Tigers so badly that you reconsider.

Calling for a minor upset: Adelaide, with their impressive 6-2 road record, will beat the Cats. I think.

In spite of missing those three tips earlier in the season, I'm only two games back. :hyper:

Minor upset? Not that I'm convinced we're certainties to win against Geelong but it would hardly be an upset. We should be favourites.

This is good.

The stars will align and the Blues will beat the Tigers so badly that you reconsider.

Nope. I don't even care that they're having a losing season right now. I love my Tiges and that's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom